Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you enter a relationship with someone, a relationship that is more than just a mere
friendship, more than platonic. What do you expect from that person?

As I wrote this thread I began to ramble, so I'm stuffing it inside this quote. Do not mind it.
I was asked this question by an Optimistic Seven, SXSO. Regrettably, I didn't have an answer,
because, honestly, I didn't know what to expect. To me, it sounded like a question referring
to "ownership" not "wanting" so it was difficult for me to answer it. But don't get me wrong,
I would not mind a girl I was madly in love with saying "I own you." Frankly, that would just
show how much she valued me.

Although this friendship / relationship was built purely on an intellectual level (conversations),
meaning at first we weren't attracted to eachother because of physical appearance, much was
left unsaid because of how unconventional it was. Both of us supported that which was
unconventional but both of us knew that some conventional means had to remain. Later, I've
come to realize, that this person may have expected something from me, our time together.
But with much doubt.
Reason I'm digging this deep is because I cannot and will not get an answer on my own whether
this Seven SXSO felt the same way about me like I did her. I am not sure why I need it answered,
but there is something in my chest that I need resolved, something that has caused me much
turmoil these last couple of months, and I think the answer may be in this question. So I ask,
what would you expect from me?

·
Registered
535 Posts
When you enter a relationship with someone, a relationship that is more than just a mere
friendship, more than platonic. What do you expect from that person?
Devotion. If both are high on the other's priority list, compromises are usually possible and all problems can be sorted out in some way. (I'm sx/sp by the way.)

Reason I'm digging this deep is because I cannot and will not get an answer on my own whether
this Seven SXSO felt the same way about me like I did her.
Can't you just ask? It would probably be a bit awkward, but might solve the problem at once - as long as she actually knows what she felt and wanted.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I expect respect, honesty, stimulating conversation, and space...... oh yeah and some hot, passionate, sex with adventure and creativity. Not necessarily in that order. And, as Bigtext1989 said everything else can be dealt with.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fun, lightheartedness. Go places with me, do the spontaneous things with me that I like to experience, and expectations from you would be trustworthiness, not necessarily commitment.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I value someone who I can have fun with, who's spontaneous, who challenges me, who can keep up with my banter, sarcasm, and general craziness, and who's caring and persistent enough to break down the walls I've built for myself, as I can be pretty 8-ish. I also need someone who treats others with respect - if you treat your mother like crap, for example, I know that you're gonna treat me the same way, and I do not need that kind of negativity in my life.

Reactions: Goosefish
1 - 8 of 8 Posts