Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are common E8 symptoms? How did you identify yourself as an 8?

The reason I'm doing this is because I haven't had the time to go through all the types thoroughly, which I'd like -- (more or less, I can identify with all of the descriptions).

Why do I suspect I'm an 8?
Recently, I was told by a close friend that many don't like going up against me and that I'm a frightful person. I haven't really been paying attention, I've always thought my actions were necessary for everyone's good. I don't resent people around me, in fact friends (the few I have) mean a lot to me. What strikes me is that I fear my friends are holding this back on me.

How do I tell? I've also identified really well with E5, E3 -- could someone differentiate the most noticable traits and/or outline the major characteristics for each?

Don't copy n' paste a description, I've read through most of them.

Thank you.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I'd say most of my reasons are rationalizations for my gut instinct. 8 is the only personality that feels right. I can be 7'ish sometimes but even then 7's care too much about certain things. I care about nothing other than my goals and those I care about. 8's use their gut, and I'm definitely not a 9 or a 1.

Yeah, its the only one that fits. I'm not a 6 cuz I'm not anxious nor do I secretly want someone running my life for me. I'm not a 2 cuz... obviously not a 2. I was almost a 7 but it seems a little off.

5's and 8's can get confused because 5's INTEGRATE to 8's. So on a good day, a 5 will become less thoughtful and more "get things done"ish.

When it comes to taking action and acquiring power I'd say the 5 motto is, "knowledge is power" while the 8 motto is, "fortune favors the bold."

3's on the other hand are just ESTJ'ish as best I can tell. They demand that you respect them, and they tell everyone their accomplishments in order to gain this respect. Meanwhile 8's don't give a crap about respect so much as they demand you leave them alone or stay out of the way of their goals... or do as they say "or else. [insert empty threat here]"

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
hmm, to add onto this I'd add the fact that I regularly feel as if I'm lonely because I view none of my friends as an "equal," and I'm constantly searching for someone "equal" to me. Equal in aura and energy I guess. I just look at people and say, "nope... nope... nope... yes" then I'll go for that person and just start up a conversation with him. Sometimes I feel like its a mistake.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'll just read through the entire description again, what you defined is more or less me -- back to square one. Keep commenting folks.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
How did you identify yourself as an 8?
I identified with type 8 because it adequately portrays my relationship with anger, my driving underlying fears, my desires and motivations.

How do I tell?
Research, self awareness and observation, research, self awareness and observation, research, self awareness and observation. Focus on the fears, motivations, and desires of each type not so much the descriptions. I think you will then find your answer. Also, look at the dark sides of each one if you still relate to the type then you probably have found the appropriate one for yourself.

It takes time investment, knowledge, and brutal self honesty in my opinion to nail down your enneatype. Best wishes in your self-discovery.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you identify yourself as an 8?
I identified with type 8 because it adequately portrays my relationship with anger, my driving underlying fears, my desires and motivations.

How do I tell?
Research, self awareness and observation, research, self awareness and observation, research, self awareness and observation. Focus on the fears, motivations, and desires of each type not so much the descriptions. I think you will then find your answer. Also, look at the dark sides of each one if you still relate to the type then you probably have found the appropriate one for yourself.

It takes time investment, knowledge, and brutal self honesty in my opinion to nail down your enneatype. Best wishes in your self-discovery.

I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
What are common E8 symptoms? How did you identify yourself as an 8?
The reason I'm doing this is because I haven't had the time to go through all the types thoroughly, which I'd like -- (more or less, I can identify with all of the descriptions).
Why do I suspect I'm an 8?
Recently, I was told by a close friend that many don't like going up against me and that I'm a frightful person. I haven't really been paying attention, I've always thought my actions were necessary for everyone's good. I don't resent people around me, in fact friends (the few I have) mean a lot to me. What strikes me is that I fear my friends are holding this back on me.
How do I tell? I've also identified really well with E5, E3 -- could someone differentiate the most noticable traits and/or outline the major characteristics for each?
Thank you.
if you really want to learn your type, read about the deepest, darkest unconscious/behavioral tendencies and personal struggles of each type. if you are projecting a little bit "no no! I'm not that way!" that's a good indicator you're probably close

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Right but don't 6's seek structure in their life? things like the military etc?
I like being sure of things like knowing where I'll be working after college. Things that like that tend to cause me a lot of stress.

But for day to day routine I'm pretty varied in my approach.

I have no desire to join the military. Ick, I hate the whole concept of the alpha male chest beating training regiment. I can certainly respect someone who has gone through it.

6s focus our energies on defense. Being phobic or counter phobic is a way to deal with it. Routine and structure is one way of dealing with it. I'm more of a go in guns blazing and see what happens type of guy.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I don't have much to add really because I think the way you are going about learning isn't constructive in the least. Also, you are contradicting yourself.

So which is it? We don't know a thing about you except that your friend said you are a frightful person. What does that even mean? Oh that's right you weren't paying attention. 5s don't usually pay attention either so maybe stick with that for now.

There isn't really anything similar about an 8 and a 5, unless you are the most healthiest of 5s and we know you aren't cause you are "frightening". Do you have a large ego?

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So which is it? We don't know a thing about you except that your friend said you are a frightful person. What does that even mean? Oh that's right you weren't paying attention. 5s don't usually pay attention either so maybe stick with that for now.
1. I'm trying to make it hard for you to help me. The questions that I presented are: What are common E8 symptoms? How did you identify yourself as an 8? You aren't paying attention.

I don't have much to add really because I think the way you are going about learning isn't constructive in the least. Also, you are contradicting yourself.
2. I'm not contradicting myself. If you read, I say: I have read through most of the descriptions, I haven't read through all of them, I haven't read through any of them thoroughly because time doesn't suffice. Maybe there's a connection between what I'm saying and making a thread, right? Like, I'm specifically asking for something in the text, right? (See 1.)

There isn't really anything similar about an 8 and a 5, unless you are the most healthiest of 5s and we know you aren't cause you are "frightening". Do you have a large ego?
3. It could be one of my tri, what isn't similar about them? I have a large ego.

Tell me if there's something you still don't understand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts