Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a conversation with a friend a while back and we both said that we are able to experience colours more than just vision: hearing, tasting and feeling. The science behind it is that the stimulation of one sensory leads to an uncontrolled experience with a second sensory.

I think it's normal for when people associate colour with mood: weather, room, clothing etc. But I've never come across others who say "this smells so silver! I can taste the indigo in this!"

It might just be the case that there's a certain act of muscle memory where we have seen these colours associated with something, therefore we think that's what they are.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
We have another thread on the same topic here somewhere, a few pages back really :) But to answer your question, yes I do have synaesthesia to a certain extent. I don't have the extreme version where I actually see numbers, letters or words in actual colours but it is more of a mental image in my head. Numbers, letters and words have colours, feelings and personalities. They are alive in my head. For example, the musical note Bb is kind of innocent, cute and unassuming. Not particularly bright but quite warm. He is also kind of chubby :p He is like a yellowish-white. The note F# is purple and is reserved, collected and calm. D is yellow and is cool. He is that awesome guy another male would have a man crush on. G and G# are a dark green. She is sensitive and quite intelligent. Sunday is white, pure and serious. Tuesday red and energetic. Always on the hustle. Wednesday is dark green, phlegmatic, kind of dorky. You get the idea, haha.

Reactions: itsbobo
1 - 2 of 2 Posts