Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a band. A good one. I wonder if anybody is into it or is it more of an INTP style of music. Because I saw a lot of RATM, Slayer and stuff in the INTP section (I am somewhere between INFP/INTP, i'd say). Check out Chop Suey it's a hit but here's one INFPish because of the lyrics: System of a down - Science (I can't post videos because of my post count)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ah, this is one of the very few metal bands that I can enjoy every album from, very nice. Might I ask why you would theorize that T's might enjoy them more than F's, though? I could be wrong, but F's appear to be much more emotionally expressive on the surface than their T counterparts, surely that is something that is commonplace in metal/System of a Down fans?

I'll share a favourite too, because everyone else is doing it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not just INTP. I'm really into light metal and heavy rock (occasionally heavy metal but gotta be in the mood for that).
Went to Download this year if that's any indication for you.
I think pop is too light and airy fairy for me. It doesn't address real issues or pain.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love it how so many people responded to this. I honestly expected 2 replies at most :) @Questing INTP's criticise society more and so does SOAD. And many NTP friends i have enjoy their music. As for my favorites: "Dreaming", "Soil" and "Radio-Video". I don't think their last albums were worse than others before. They advanced in many ways. Put more effort into melody than just into the rythm/beat. Every album is great and SOAD music is the only i can't get enough.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*pushing little children, with their fully automatics, they like to push the weak around* PUSHING LITTLE CHILDREN WITH THEIR FULLY AUTOMATICS, THEY LIKE TO PUSH THE WEAK AROOOOUND!!! and the solo is simple but damn snazy as well.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Yeah they're awesome though haven't listened to them recently. The frontman also had this cool song "Empty Walls" I used to listen to over and over.

Reactions: INFPanonymous

·
Banned
43 Posts
Ah, i rember these days, that could play almost every of their songs on my guitar. Well, now im gonna search my basement to find my guitar. Hawly sheet, thanks for reminding me S.O.A.D. :)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I used to listen to them quite a bit when I was in college(quite a bit of metal in general) and I had a lot of anger toward the corrupt aspects of society. My anger has dissolved into one of sympathy and of sadness for humankind. I no longer listen to them because they blatantly want the listener to feel anger, at least that is how it affects me. Anger is good for awareness of issues at first, but eventually it implodes and you aren't left with anything constructive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts