Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken the test a few times and always come up with ENTP. The thing I don't understand is that my T/F are close, unlike other ENTP's test scores. ENTP usually scores a very high thinking, and very low feeling.

My T/F balance is : 58% T, 42% F.

What significance does this gap play? It seems like I do have a lot more feeling than most T's appear to, or perhaps I am mistaken.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Actually, I'd say that ENTPs are one of the most "feeling" of the NT types... by far, actually haha... Dont worry about it too much. Think about it this way; are you an analyzer/strategist or are you more likely to look at things through a lens of your feelings, what you believe is right, and your own personal view; Fi and Fe are very different, and that actually may be a better one to look at; which of those functions you have.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I'd say that ENTPs are one of the most "feeling" of the NT types... by far, actually haha... Dont worry about it too much. Think about it this way; are you an analyzer/strategist or are you more likely to look at things through a lens of your feelings, what you believe is right, and your own personal view; Fi and Fe are very different, and that actually may be a better one to look at; which of those functions you have.
What do you mean by the most feeling of NT types?

Even though I do have moral beliefs on certain topics, I don't care much about enforcing them most of the time as I see it is pointless, and on most other small things I don't really care about one way or another. I analyze constantly, seeing things and people's decisions from different angles to answer why or how. I don't employ strategy as much as I wish I could - but there is little to do so with.

I just found it odd that my feeling comes so close to my thinking - it's almost 50/50. I don't think I am as crass as most ENTP's seem to appear - but everybody is different. Perhaps my Fe is more developed, but usually this happens when you're older. I am only 21, I should be a heartless son of a gun. Not to say I can't be insensitive, but I'm not a total asshole.

I do love arguing though. I never noticed I even did it as much as I do until I read about ENTP's. I seem to enjoy finding the loopholes in the other person's argument. My urge to argue drives my mother up the wall.

Reactions: TrailMix

·
Registered
823 Posts
What do you mean by the most feeling of NT types?

Even though I do have moral beliefs on certain topics, I don't care much about enforcing them most of the time as I see it is pointless, and on most other small things I don't really care about one way or another. I analyze constantly, seeing things and people's decisions from different angles to answer why or how. I don't employ strategy as much as I wish I could - but there is little to do so with.

I just found it odd that my feeling comes so close to my thinking - it's almost 50/50. I don't think I am as crass as most ENTP's seem to appear - but everybody is different. Perhaps my Fe is more developed, but usually this happens when you're older. I am only 21, I should be a heartless son of a gun. Not to say I can't be insensitive, but I'm not a total asshole.

I do love arguing though. I never noticed I even did it as much as I do until I read about ENTP's. I seem to enjoy finding the loopholes in the other person's argument. My urge to argue drives my mother up the wall.
By feeling, I meant just being the most outwardly... showing? of their emotions haha... They tend to be more in the open about how they feel as most (MOST) ENTPs take a long time to mature, they come out as immature outbursts (at least from the ones I know).

However, I myself had a difficult time typing myself because my Fe is very well developed and Im only 19. I'd say that probably comes from my family. I was raised by very socially-conscious parents who taught me to put others above me ALL THE TIME and to always consider others when I do things, so that had a big affect on me. When it comes down to it though, its how I approach things that makes me an INTP. I view things through an analyzing lens; even when I'm using Fe.

If you like to argue, you're probably an NT at least ;) thats fairly common among all of us. Debating, I mean. I'd tend to use the word "argue" as more of an emotional fight, but yes, I live for debate and the exchange of knowledge, and many NTs do.

But yeah... you probably are just a mature ENTP. Not everyone takes forever to grow up. This does become a problem though, when deciphering whether you're a T or an F. I think that the more socially mature you are, the more likely you are to have a problem coming up with an answer to this problem. This is when I turn more towards functions because it makes it easier to decipher your main form of thought if that makes sense. Because you're a thinker doesnt mean you're heartless and analytically dickish. Because you're a feeler doesnt mean you're a drama queen either. Its mostly how you perceive things.

I'm prolly not helping haha

·
Banned
613 Posts
I have taken the test a few times and always come up with ENTP. The thing I don't understand is that my T/F are close, unlike other ENTP's test scores. ENTP usually scores a very high thinking, and very low feeling.

My T/F balance is : 58% T, 42% F.

What significance does this gap play? It seems like I do have a lot more feeling than most T's appear to, or perhaps I am mistaken.
Mine is similar. It’s not the quantity of your Ti but its quality, and the rarity your talent that isn’t measured by numbers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is similar. It’s not the quantity of your Ti but its quality, and the rarity your talent that isn’t measured by numbers.
Took that test and my T is 46, F is 53. Says I'm an ENFP that wished to be ENTP. Can't argue with that, but a little disappointed.

Odd though, could've sworn I had Alot of Ti and Ne. Is it possible I'm a hybrid?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts