Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a general consensus on type. If you do suggest a type and/or functional stack, please explain 'why' or what specific part of the questionnaire made you think so. So far I've been suggested as an INTJ, INTP, ENFP, ISTP and ESFP lol. Very different types. I'd like to narrow down my functional stack mostly, on MBTI terms.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Not right now, nope. Just bored and thinking about typology mostly.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oddie25/25669106588/in/explore-2018-01-06/

The rodent almost looks like he's praying. Like I know that he's just nomming on some food but it looks like he's looking out into space pondering about the day-by-day realities of life and what it all really means lol. Other than that it looks like a really cute and warm image. If this rodent were a human I would probably chill with him.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Well that sucks. Where are we/what are we going to do now? I'd make sure that no one is outright panicking or anything and calm them down if I have to, then I'd focus on figuring out how to best get out of the situation, hopefully so we could still make it to see my favorite artist in performance. But at least I'd want to get us back on the road again.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Sounds fun. Let's do it.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

It'd immediately trigger a 'huh' reaction and I'd have to contest and discuss it so I could understand their thoughts, where they're coming from, and why they stated that as their position. If it's something that I'm deeply educated on and they stated an error of misinformation I'd educate them on the nuances of 'why' the opposite position exists and the reasons why their position is problematic and potentially insulting/damaging to the community/culture/group the position is about and/or against.

I would basically just start a debate and try to keep things civil because I'd want to see their viewpoints and where they're coming from and share information they may not know. If they're more educated on the subject than I am, then I'd take their opinion into consideration and research further information on it later to come to a fully informed opinion on the issue.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

If someone was DOING something that clashed with my beliefs I'd probably challenge them, especially if it were harmful to someone or a group of people. Otherwise if it's just an experience that seems contrary to my previous beliefs/experiences, I'd take it to consideration and ponder over it and what that outlying experience means and if it fits into my previous idea of how things worked/my previous beliefs. If it doesn't then I'd reconsider my entire belief structure and reform my views to fit the new data. If it seems like a fluke that can be explained by other circumstances, then I'd toss it out.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Education, continuing to learn, expanding your horizons, exploring new viewpoints and new experiences and new cultures and such, independence and being able to accomplish things yourself, having goals and desires in life that you want to head towards.

These are just things that I think is important in life. I didn't really determine them... I just always believed them since I was young and always lived by them. They're just the things I value the most.

They could probably change if I experienced something that really shook the roots of my foundation and made my perception of reality shatter... but I've had several experiences like that over the past ten years of my life atm and... my core values really have never changed. No matter what I still think those are the most important values to have and I try to instill them in other people [without being obnoxious about it or overstepping their own desires/free will].

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I seem to be more independent than other people sometimes. I also seem easily able to get things done and accomplish things when other people struggle. I can endure high amounts of stress and work really hard to achieve the things I want in life. I actually push myself too hard and my body ends up telling me to slow down when I get sick or something. And I also don't seem as sensitive as my other friends. I don't mean emotional-wise, like feeling sensitive over what someone said. I mean more like... if someone is hurting and wants comfort that makes me feel rather uncomfortable and I make a joke and pat them on the back or something and gloss over it [unless it's a solvable problem] usually. I'm not very good at comforting people or really caring much if they're in a down emotional funk, unless it's one of my circle of friends, then I become a 'cheerleader' and put a lot of effort into it but I tire out really quickly. And it's still mostly jokes and positivity and trying to give them solutions out of the situation, more than sitting there and holding their hand while they cry... thinking about that gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I guess I would be more friendly and open in general? I'm relatively 'neutral' to people unless they're on my radar, so majority of people I just don't care about one way or another. I'm friendly but not sociable unless they interest me enough to want to interact. I guess I would put it that way. But I envy people who are natural social butterflies and enjoy striking up a conversation with anyone. Most of the time I just find people boring because they don't talk about very interesting things and laugh at my topics of conversation or don't really have much to contribute. Like if I ask what they think about a social phenomena in the world (like on Friday at work I just brought up the topic of 'dating' and 'marriage culture' and I commented how strange it was and gave a brief critique of the common ideas around it and then I asked for opinions/input)... people will generally laugh or say 'oh wow deep' and then just not comment anymore and not want to ponder over it and they'll rapidly change the topic. So I don't really see much point in conversing with most people except online where I can seek out the groups discussing the topics I want to explore.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Usually it's some feeling I get off a person and I'll generally feel that something's off... but I may not have data or evidence yet to prove it... so then I wait until I get some evidence and by then it becomes very obvious that I was right in the first place. So I guess I have very strong and accurate feelings about things that I get relatively often... but I doubt and second-guess them and wait until I have evidence to make sure that I'm not just paranoid over the situation.

It's usually triggered with people. Or if someone seems to have a vendetta against me. I can usually feel it long before it becomes a visible thing. I'm also usually really good at reading people right off the bat and my impressions are generally correct as I get to know them.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Talking to people/friends about things such as observable social phenomena in the world, motivations of people, problems that they're struggling with and trying to solve them, topics that each of us is currently obsessing over, and fandom or geek culture related stuff. I just find it fun, interesting, and get energy from discussing those type of things and thinking on different ideas with people and discussing viewpoints and opinions on issues.

Things that drain me are usually... monotonous, boring, routine stuff. Lack of social interaction with people I feel are interesting and want to be engaged with. Debating with people and going in circles. Having to repeat myself a million times to people. Well I guess that's also a pet peeve. It mostly drains me due to it being boring and routine and I feel non-essential and non-important in nature. Like just standardized routine for routine's sake. The pet peeves just annoy me because I dislike repeating myself to people. I like expressing my viewpoint once and getting people to understand so I dont have to keep rehashing things. I don't like repeating things, whether it's information or a project I'm working on or a film I've seen. I like novelty over the same-old same-old even if I really like and enjoy those particular repetitive things.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I usually try to give off a calm, cool and collected expression. So I usually repress any strong emotions that are negative, like anger for one. I usually try to calm down before I bring something up with someone if I'm really angry over something. That way I don't antagonize them and we can also speak more logically over the issue rather than act like emotional hot-heads. I also am bipolar so when I have a depressed swing I prefer not to show it to anyone, so even the people who live with me often don't know that I'm having an issue. I don't like to burden people with my issues anyway and I like to try to solve things myself when I can.

I don't really try to repress any internal thought processes? Most people probably think I'm pretty quiet if they see me at work or in public or something, but if they talk to me I'm very open about my thoughts and interests and such. The only thing I might censor at first would probably be potential conflicting opinions on things [if I challenge someone else's opinion I'm more likely to argue a neutral stance on the issue and play devil's advocate on both sides than anything, then later I reveal what side I'm on if it comes up] or some of my "non-standard" interests like being really into anime (which has now shifted into a more standard interest honestly) and gore or thinking about typology or reconstructionist/revivalist polytheism a lot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts