Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 5
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...whew. Its been a couple of months since I have typed myself as an ENTP, and I won't use questionnaires anymore so I would just write down things about me and what I have done over the year and why I am skeptic of me being an ENTP.

So lets just this out of the way: I am a Male 17 year old and currently am energized and well (as I just woke up).

So over the last year it has been fun and great! Honestly a bit worn out but energized!
I joined so many clubs and activities. The most notable one taking part in a play and filling 3 roles, then I joined the graduation committee and after that I made a school magazine which got accepted by the school and is printing right now! and the best part of all was I got to meet people and have new friends (and I am really close to this one friend which I now consider a best friend haha...) anyways that aside it has been great!
I also recently picked up fractal art and posting fractals every couple of days and picked up philosophy which is amazing! and still was able to perform in school by spending 'some' days learning!

So yeah my year was awesome! albeit there were some downs too like me getting depressed at times but lets put that on hold shall we? haha

Anyways the reason why I am skeptic...well...
Recently I have noticed that my actions revolve around people alot. By so I mean. I love to help people and I have this urge to do so. I don't think my Ti is inferior though as I have a great sense of logic and can pick out things that are wrong and have my own logic to follow too, and nothing is more exciting than learning and adding to my logic. The best thing I could do is also finding out my own theories, finding out how things are, or sitting down for hours solving a question I have! So I don't really think my Ti is inferior but I just noticed that I love to help people and I can't ever get mad at a person. There was this person who just confessed that 'they' used me for their own benefit and saying that 'they' were a horrible person. I didn't got mad and said that its alright as people make mistakes and that I forgive them and such. Another thing I noticed is that how willingly I self-sacrifice myself at times. Not every time just sometimes I find myself willing to self sacrifice myself.

So I just started noticing how apparent my Fe was sometimes more apparent than Ti although I know my Ti is still strong!
So I just started getting skeptic if I was really an ENTP.

This is something I wrote 2 months ago. It may help and it still holds true:
Tell me about yourself.
Well...I am a 17 y/o Male.
I like to read/learn alot of useless stuff xD and love to hangout with people. I am also very skeptic of a person and love to debate with people for the sake of it, to test the ideas of people, validity of information etc.
I love to learn alot of things and I follow the life of a jack of all trades person but only in terms of knowledge though as I don't really like physical activities. I love learning Mathematics and Physics as these two are such wild fields of study and contains a ton of concepts for me to learn. I also love Philosophy as how abstract it can get. I love things that have near infinite potential as they can always keep my occupied. I don't really like the old and tend to prefer the new. I love hanging out with people and tend to fool around and joke around as I am not a very serious person but I can get when the situation calls for it. It was only recently I became outgoing and I am loving it, as I used to be isolated and reserved. I am very absent-minded as I tend to think alot about concepts and just think alot in general for fun. I try my best to treat people as good as I can and try my best not to offend anyone and I try my best to make my own decisions. I find it hard to do repetitive tasks and stick to one field especially if that field is limited. I love to theorize and formulate and tend to be the first person to notice patterns. I love to question what I know and nothing is more exhilarating than spending time to trying to prove a concept or making a new one! oh and I hate school as it is extremely boring ;-; although I love the people in it: teachers and the students. Oh and I can figure things out (whether it be something theoretical such as concepts or maybe finding something out hands on) quite easily.

What do you do for a living and/or study and how did you come to choose or not choose that vocation and/or study?
I am still in high school but I want to study Mathematics and Physics and go for a research field in one of those. Honestly though I would want to master both eventually and then go for Philosophy. I love these 3 fields as how abstract it can get and how much it allows for freedom and how abstract it can get. I just love these 3 cause it also allows for ME to theorize and formulate my own theories

What are your interests and hobbies?
Well my interests/hobbies are: Video Games, Abstract concepts/subjects, Anime, Manga, Reading, People etc. xD

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I find it hard to memorize/remember facts and figures
I can't do repetitive tasks.
I am too skeptic and tend to ask too much questions
I can get stubborn on the things I know.
I can't just learn things what I already know.
I have to consider all possibilities before coming to a conclusion.
I love to debate.xD
I tend to get depressed easily
I think too much
I can't focus very well
Impatient
Sadly I talk about myself way too much ;/ I try my best to reduce it
Absent-Minded
Can get too self-sacrificing
Low Self-esteem
Clumsy and careless

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
My skeptic nature helps me reach to the truth
I can view multiple perspectives which helps me answer
I try my best to please people.
I treat people as kindly as I can? I get that alot
I love to research my own theories and make my own formulas
I love to keep the atmosphere as light as possible
Despite me thinking alot I love thinking
Information bank
I LOVE TO THINK :3

In what areas of your life would you like help?
I love somebody to help me be more...organized I guess and help me get better focus.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and perspectives?
I am an ex-muslim. So currently I am an Atheist.
For reasons why I just felt something not right about religion at the age of 13 or so and my Dad is a Muslim and my mom is a christian and spent 2 years on religion learning as much as I can and just came down to this conclusion that certain god's can't exist due to their nature and would go against logic. God may exist but he is not the god in most religions. For the details...I rather not disclose it here xD

Reactions: Ninjaws

·
Registered
INTP 5
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump~

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
You could just be in a Ne+Fe loop, as you seem to have quite a bit of Ne, though I just skimmed through, really. I hear finding your inferior function is a good way to settle on a type, though I haven't really done so yet, so I can't talk. You do seem like an ENTP, though, if it helps at all. :happy:

·
Registered
INTP 5
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could just be in a Ne+Fe loop, as you seem to have quite a bit of Ne, though I just skimmed through, really. I hear finding your inferior function is a good way to settle on a type, though I haven't really done so yet, so I can't talk. You do seem like an ENTP, though, if it helps at all. :happy:
Hmm Ne-Fe loop somes quite possible haha...dammit xD

Sigh. Thanks ^.^
I would be searching online to how to break the loop. Tch unhealthy me eh? xD

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Hmm Ne-Fe loop somes quite possible haha...dammit xD

Sigh. Thanks ^.^
I would be searching online to how to break the loop. Tch unhealthy me eh? xD
Well, I assume you just need to rely on your Ti more. Tease people, probe their weaknesses, problem solve, and try not to care too much. :D (my god that's stereotypical. -_- )

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
ENFP. a). I'm skeptical about "the loops" b). There's no "loop" there. Type 7 ENFP having fun with Te. Why go to "OMG U UNHEALTHY" straight away? Don't make a kid go dig for defects in himself. Additionally Ne-Fe is anxiety related (imagining disastrous social situations that could happen). Not "caring for others too much".

Reactions: Immolate

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
ENFP. a). I'm skeptical about "the loops" b). There's no "loop" there. Type 7 ENFP having fun with Te. Why go to "OMG U UNHEALTHY" straight away? Don't make a kid go dig for defects in himself. Additionally Ne-Fe is anxiety related (imagining disastrous social situations that could happen). Not "caring for others too much".
Well, if I'm wrong, that's fine, I just saw that if he has strong Ne, strong Fe but moderate Ti, that was a pretty good option. Still, guess I should leave it to the experts. :p

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Well, if I'm wrong, that's fine, I just saw that if he has strong Ne, strong Fe but moderate Ti, that was a pretty good option. Still, guess I should leave it to the experts. :p
Reread it and remember this is how Fi-Te looks like. :p I keep saying that ENFPs are just a big of a knowledge-gluttons as ENTPs. I'd even say bigger. Ti isn't so much after knowledge.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Reread it and remember this is how Fi-Te looks like. :p I keep saying that ENFPs are just a big of a knowledge-gluttons as ENTPs. I'd even say bigger. Ti isn't so much after knowledge.
Yeah, Ti's more about understanding, overall. I can actually see some Fi traits, after rereading it, so well done Greyhart, you were right. :p

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Yeah, Ti's more about understanding, overall. I can actually see some Fi traits, after rereading it, so well done Greyhart, you were right. :p
Aw, now you are playing on my ego. Ego is pleased.

P.S. to clarify - I'm not attacking you. People seem to often think I do. Which I don't. I do it rarely. And mostly to assholes in real life.

I'm curious what OP has to say (when he reads it), though.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
@Xzcouter
You deserve a thanks just for that Coldplay reference. ;)
I'm a bit tired, so I'll see if I can help tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Aw, now you are playing on my ego. Ego is pleased.

P.S. to clarify - I'm not attacking you. People seem to often think I do. Which I don't. I do it rarely. And mostly to assholes in real life.

I'm curious what OP has to say (when he reads it), though.
Glad to see your confidence hasn't drained at all. Also, man, haven't seen that movie in ages, really gotta watch it again. :D

And, I know you're not attacking me, really, you could have been a lot more brutal and condescending, so yeah,no fault here. :p

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Also, man, haven't seen that movie in ages, really gotta watch it again. :D
Using that gif made me want to rewatch it and type the main character. :th_wink:

·
Registered
INTP 5
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Ninjaws and @Greyhart

Hehe yay somebody got the reference! :3 i love that song xD

Hmm I was also considering Fi-Te but I never really understood Fi.
I understand Ti is more about understanding and I do believe I do that alot! But thats what I believe.
I used to just sit down and prove already built concepts. Such as maybe to why in an atom the angle is such and such or maybe sit down for 5 hours o solve a single maths question haha.
I love to solve and answer questions and such and at times I just keep looking for questions to solve. I am quite absent minded as I tend to spend alot of my time in my head thinking about possibilities and questions and answers. At times I go thinking to what to think next xD, and to top it all of I love to logic xD. I debate and discuss about concepts and stuff alot. It's the main reason why I became an atheist it's due to how the logic of it doesn't hold up and I became skeptic. So if you guys don't mind I have also been considering ENFP so please elaborate on it ^.^

·
Registered
INTP 5
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm just to correct something I am pretty sure of being a type 6w7 right now :3

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Ti is SUBjective logic. Te is objective. Or at least tries to. I'm questioning the existence of objectivity. Why do you think you are Fe-Ti rather than Te-Fi? What is Fe to you? How do you see Te?

A lot of what you describe is NP (Ne) traits that are not exclusive to either of 4 types.

I used to just sit down and prove already built concepts. Such as maybe to why in an atom the angle is such and such
Te. Proof is unnecessary if it makes sense to a Ti user. SUBjective logic. I'd say these 2 sentences are anti-Ti.

maybe sit down for 5 hours o solve a single maths question haha.
You are a lot more patient than you give yourself a credit, then. :wink:

Hmm just to correct something I am pretty sure of being a type 6w7 right now :3
What led you to that conclusion? Questionnaire shows clear 7.

http://personalitycafe.com/type-6-f...re-beliefs-6-according-beatrice-chestnut.html
http://personalitycafe.com/type-7-f...e-beliefs-7s-according-beatrice-chestnut.html
(read the replies too)

Or did you post on what's my enneagram type? forum and got typed there?

Remember that you main enneagram type is something that you do all the time. Your most basic constant normal behavior. Not under stress. Not in a bad mental place. Just normal you.

Those could help.
https://youtu.be/s_-4ybKPxjE
https://youtu.be/1wQXkIjdAJk

I could give you links to recent very very long thread where person went from NTP to wow I'm NFP. There's lots of examples and explanations there. She's very erm nerdy-minded person too. I think it's just common among NPs. Nerdiness. Science offers possibilities. Though, I wouldn't discard artists of various kinds for both NTPs and NFPs.

Also good Fi Fe thread going on nearby.
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/539250-do-i-use-fe-fi-omg-so-annoyed.html

Remember it's not "What?" it's "Why?". Any types can come to similar conclusions or act in a same way but the difference will be in what motivates them.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
[double]

·
Registered
INTP 5
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Greyhart

Haha I understand what you meant by questioning the existence of objectivity as everything is subjective but its only when something is collective and everyone agrees on a subjective then it's considered objective...well some people agree some disagree xD. It's philosophy:3.

Well between the two I see myself as more Ti-Fe but now skeptical of it.
Fe is a feeling function that is based on other people and self sacrifices oneself for others as he relies on others emotions or needs to fuel his needs?
Te is objective thinking function that is based on cold hard facts and making decisions based on that.

For enneagram: http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-enneagram-type/520034-after-month-rumination-type-6-maybe.html
It took me awhile but I came to the conclusion of being type 6. I got more sure as I found out type 6 is based around uncertainty and such (ironically xD)

To all the links you gave I will be reading them later but for now...I need to prepare for school xD. See you later~

Reactions: Greyhart

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
As it is with all the functions they change depending on where they are in the "stack".

For Te "the cold hard facts" sounds so impersonal. It's as you say
its only when something is collective and everyone agrees on a subjective then it's considered objective
It's however is paired with Fi which is opposite of that. The balance.

So for Fe in tertiary it's actually fairly selfish. I've only gotten out of asshole mememe stage maybe 2-ish years ago. I'm relishing in it now, though.

For this person it is important that everyone is positively predisposed towards him. He does not like ambiguity in this matter and will strive to clarify the situation: "Lets get this straight - do you respect me or not?" Even small changes can bring about these clarification attempts: different facial expression, gaze, and so on. Often with age he becomes a good psychologists as it allows him to keep up his self-esteem. Fixed on the attitude of certain people and ignores the "public opinion". Very fond of social recognition: honor, glory, respect, diplomas, regalia, etc. For the sake of good relations can even work for free. Can offer to help out of sense of camaraderie. If there is someone in his surrounding who shows negative feelings towards him, it decreases his self-esteem. In active defense, he will try to win the good attitude of this person at any cost, in passive defense, on the contrary, may admit to behaving poorly. If positive relations do not exist, he can try to fix them at any price, or conversely, fall into avoidance upon realizing the impossibility of changing anything. Fond of flattery, is ready to support any opinion as well as come to compromise only to keep the positive predisposition towards himself. If he does not agree with someone, can conduct conversation very diplomatically. Communicating with people of this type one can feel internal tension associated with fear of evoking negative response. Often they will think ten times before saying anything, as if it is an important task. Move up the career ladder often due to their ability to be considerate of others.

I've read the ennea post. That sounds like a lot of stress in the school. Because school is that. It's stress. Also it's (the post) points towards NFP too. I would wager on 7w6. I've made the exactly same mistake when stressing over my type. I equated social anxiety disorder to 6, and depression I've had for year to type 9. So I went from 5 to 7 to 6 to 4 to 9 to dammit it's so obvious that I am 7 when healthy (as I currently am... relatively to average person, I suppose). So as I said look at the healthy happy you. If you have that state. I didn't back in school. Summer with friends maybe?

P.S. sorry that I edit so much.

[edit]

OK, let's admit it, I am a fangirl. So to compare NP nerds: ENFP - Flash in the TV show, xNTP - Felicity in the Arrow. There's a debate about later one whether she's inferior Si or Fe, though. For me perfect ENTPs are Tyrion Lannister and Claudia Donovan.

[edit2]
Just to clarify about religion. It's not based on type either. There are religions xxTx-s, just like there are atheist xxFx-s. As someone said in a nearby thread, spirituality is more complex than that.

[edit3] I'll link @TelepathicGoose thread anyway here. It's so so long, though. Maybe it'll just bring more confusion. But some many good replies down there.

Reactions: Telepathis Goosus
1 - 20 of 72 Posts