Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused because all of the types seem so interrelated and it is qute hard to establish differences. That's why I made this thread, so I won't answer question 1.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I like getting to know people. I haven't gotten to the core of most people I know yet, but I try and it's exciting. Also, I like adventures in the woods because I like feeling like it's me vs. the world. I like having a close group of friends that are understanding of me, because I'm very picky about my friends. I like writing and sharing creative stories with my insight.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I felt absolutely amazing when I had a self-realization moment. I felt invincible, and I felt that I could take on the world if I know what direction I have towards life.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I don't like being judged before people have truly met me. It makes me angry because you have to get past the fake layers to truly know someone.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think of how efficient it will be, if I will lead other people with my decision to follow my path, and mostly how I feel about it, then other people's feelings.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Um, duh! Of course! I like being in control! I try to direct the group and get to know them in the process.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I had a lot of fun when my INTP and INFP friends came over. We shared laughter, because we have a similar sense of humor, and we got to know each other very well. We still talked about it the following week xD

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I like to understand the concept and learn visually. Memorization is incompetent to fully grasp a subject.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
HAHAHAHA that's a funny joke. I'm disorganized!

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I first think of if it goes with how I feel, how efficient it is, how I could improve it ect.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I just make sure I'm not hurting anyone and I'm fine.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I benefit from group discussion because the more people, the more insight

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I look before I leap. I'm not a thrill seeker by any means. And I think words are better.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Depends on how good the show is.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I worry and I try to accomplish a bunch of pointless stuff to make myself feel better.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Fakeness, prejudging people, shallowness, and tactlessness.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like getting to know them in any way I can.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Sounds and promptness

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't think my friends see me as I am, sometimes try see me as a dumb extrovert who only talks about dumb things. That's just my outer layer though. If they can't see that I have more, I automatically don't like them.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd explore a random territory, meet a whole bunch of interesting people, and be with animals. I'd run 2 or 3 miles, write, read, and think.

Someone, anyone, help me!!!

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Okay, you are without a doubt an Fi user. I'd say your an ENFP.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I got to question 10 and thought ISFP. I Definitely get Se. There was a little Fe but I think that might just be Fi trying to trick me. Will read the rest now.

Ok, your extroverted? Could be ESFP, I thought I saw some Ne there at some points but I think your responses toward action, adventure, nature and in general interaction is more Se then Ne. Going with ESFP. I notice a Se over > Ne pattern in your responses. Extroverted + Se + Fi = ESFP. You seem very fun, optimistic and light that is usually a quality of Se - that doesn't mean you don't have depth by the way, it just means that you like interacting with the world you are in and being apart of it.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I got to question 10 and thought ISFP. I Definitely get Se. There was a little Fe but I think that might just be Fi trying to trick me. Will read the rest now.
She's Fi, no doubt.

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Ok, your extroverted? Could be ESFP, I thought I saw some Ne there at some points but I think your responses toward action, adventure, nature and in general interaction is more Se then Ne. Going with ESFP. I notice a Se over > Ne pattern in your responses. Extroverted + Se + Fi = ESFP. You seem very fun, optimistic and light that is usually a quality of Se - that doesn't mean you don't have depth by the way, it just means that you like interacting with the world you are in and being apart of it.
I know, the thing is, I just know I'm not an ESFP. I've considered ISFP, but I don't think I'm a Se-Dom. Tangible information is boooo-ring! *yawnz*

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If you don't relate to ESFP then ENFP would be my next guess. I just felt you put a bit more emphasis on adventure and you and the world then you did theorizing.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You trust your feelings too much to be a T of any variety, so cut all of those out (ESTJ, ENTJ). You are a proponent of your own feelings, you feel first and then you act on your feelings that is Fi. Fe would be concerned about others feelings first and foremost and would not be as in touch internally with their own feelings because others feelings would matter more to them so cut out Fe (ENFJ). That leaves these three.

INFP -> You said your extroverted, can't be an Introvert.
ENFP
ISFP -> You said you aren't an S, can't be a sensor

ENFP is the only choice left.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You trust your feelings too much to be a T of any variety, so cut all of those out (ESTJ, ENTJ). You are a proponent of your own feelings, you feel first and then you act on your feelings that is Fi. Fe would be concerned about others feelings first and foremost and would not be as in touch internally with their own feelings because others feelings would matter more to them so cut out Fe (ENFJ). That leaves these three.

INFP -> You said your extroverted, can't be an Introvert.
ENFP
ISFP -> You said you aren't an S, can't be a sensor

ENFP is the only choice left.
No, I said I wasn't a Se DOM xP I know what Se Dom people look like, because my best friend is one of them... However I usually get along great with ISFPs, so my two choices left are ENFP/ISFP... Hmmm.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
"19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't think my friends see me as I am, sometimes try see me as a dumb extrovert who only talks about dumb things. That's just my outer layer though. If they can't see that I have more, I automatically don't like them."

If you're purposefully giving off an external impression of X, one won't necessarily be able to deduce Y about you that's beyond the surface. Not everybody can read people.
... Unfortunately. Lol *kicks rock*

This shows an obvious subjective factor (Ji) ... So I'd wanna think Pe/Ji or Ji/Pe as the lead setup/axis.
And then you sound almost certain of E, so I'd wanna lean toward Pe/Ji.

But I do all that too though, and sometimes I get upset that someone can't see past my exterior... but I keep doing it as a "weed-out" process, because I tend not to see any potential in friendships where someone can't look beyond the surface. <-- subjective logic, I know. Lol.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I felt absolutely amazing when I had a self-realization moment. I felt invincible, and I felt that I could take on the world if I know what direction I have towards life.

An extravert will either have Je/Pe or Pe/Je as 1st/3rd in function stack.
This answer shows a decent strength Je function, so again I'd wanna lean toward Pe/Ji, since Je would be higher in order compared to the stack of a person with Ji/Pe as lead axis.

Ji/Pe type people tend to have an unease with external reality being "set" or "decided" since an external judging function would be last in their setup.

Although, the fact that it was a "self-realization" moment may make it sound like you just got in touch with your Je, so idk...

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I had a lot of fun when my INTP and INFP friends came over. We shared laughter, because we have a similar sense of humor, and we got to know each other very well. We still talked about it the following week xD

Suggests Ne/Si... but c'mon I thought we already knew this, lmao.

About the "We still talked about it the following week." ... Se-users tend to "never look back," even if they're Se inferior. They usually feel as if past experiences can be "haunting" if they relive them through memory instead of just objectively recall them. (Source: multiple reliable descriptions and interviews.)

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I don't like being judged before people have truly met me. It makes me angry because you have to get past the fake layers to truly know someone.

Based on this entire post, this answer in particular, and other posts in general... it sounds like you're better at explaining about the way you're feeling (Fi paired with Pe) rather than expressing your feelings directly (Fe paired with Pi).

Makes me wanna think Te/Fi combination.

======================

Overall, I agree with @The Great One . Sounds like you're ENFP. But only you can know for certain.

General Suggestion (and what I told The Great One earlier today):

Check descriptions all over PerC.
There's one most useful article called "Fi vs Fe 101" or something like that in the main article section.
If you can conclude either Fi or Fe, then naturally you can deduce your Te/Ti function.

Reading four or five articles/descriptions annihilated any possibility of me being an Fi-user at all.
(I thought I was possibly an xNFP before joining.)

Basic Descriptions:

Ti/Fi cares to reflect, define, and understand each nuance of thought/emotion it develops. They don't like to stop until they get this done (doesn't necessarily require action). The support function, either Ne/Se will help to explain the thoughts/emotions, but not necessarily express them directly.

Te/Fe doesn't really care to define thoughts/emotions as much as resolve them externally, which usually requires action. One would be better at expressing thoughts/emotions directly with structure instead of explaining or reflecting upon them.

==================

Edit: Just for further info, I'd wanna say ENFP with a well-developed Fi. You seem to focus well on how others feel as well as yourself... So, yeah. lol

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
you're young so your personality type isn't really going to be set.

But umm You are an F for sure, and i'd say N as well, and you say yourself than you're E

Probably ENFP but maybe ENFJ(type 2 ENFPs can seem ENFJ-ish)

·
Banned
600 Posts
@Some Kind of Blue I've told you before, you're as ENFP as it gets in my opinion. :laughing: But in true Ne fashion, I'm going to doubt myself for a moment and say that ESFP is possible. Try not to rule it out just because you're not like the ESFPs you know. Just because some people share cognitive function preferences doesn't mean they use them the same way.

Also, I think you should read this, it might help you figure out if you're truly a Ne-dom.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Some Kind of Blue I've told you before, you're as ENFP as it gets in my opinion. :laughing: But in true Ne fashion, I'm going to doubt myself for a moment and say that ESFP is possible. Try not to rule it out just because you're not like the ESFPs you know. Just because some people share cognitive function preferences doesn't mean they use them the same way.

Also, I think you should read this, it might help you figure out if you're truly a Ne-dom.
Omg... This article is so me. It's like someone read my mind :O Thanks for sharing! ^^

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
you're young so your personality type isn't really going to be set.

But umm You are an F for sure, and i'd say N as well, and you say yourself than you're E

Probably ENFP but maybe ENFJ(type 2 ENFPs can seem ENFJ-ish)
No she has way too much Fi to be ENFJ

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
Yes, extroverted Fi user. I'm tempted to lean ENFP but I don't have enough info to fully discount ESFP.

What about you do you think is "definitely not Se dom"?

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
I think you're an ENFP for more reasons than I have time to list right now, but here are a few:

Your focus on efficiency, particularly in conjunction with leadership, sounds more Te than Ti, and "I think of...how I feel about it, then other people's feelings" = more Fi than Fe. And the pronounced concern about understanding the core of a person and/or having your own core understood (alluded to several times) = quintessential Fi.

I think I remember you talking about your father being a very giving/hardworking ENFJ. Anyway, that certainly could play a role in shaping your values (but probably not your cognitive functions).

And again, all your answers about efficiency, leadership, and being in control? Not saying IxFPs don't care about those things, but an IxFP teenager fixating on it that much seems less likely than an ExFP doing so. As well as the fact that people see you as an extrovert.

"I benefit from group discussion because the more people, the more insight"

Methinks: Ne.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts