Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this is a bad habit of mine: I get over-ambitious and take on too many obligations at once without realizing the workload until I potentially crash and burn from over-working myself. Dx

I feel my ambitions give me unrealistic ideas of my ability, but the idea of taking on many things at once and being BUSYYY excites me. :blushed:

I wonder if this has ever happened to you?

How do you keep yourself from taking too many obligations at once?

Does it usually turn out well or not so well?

If you have any experiences where you kept yourself pretty busy, it would be interesting to know too! :)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I know that because I am an INTJ this is probably of no use to you, but I am equally as ambitious only I limit my ambitions to one goal at a time. I used to want to do everything at once (I had so many developing ideas, so much to do) until I cultivated the ability to stop myself before taking on too much. I actually speak to myself aloud and say something like: "Do you really need to overwork yourself? Sure, it seems fine at the moment but I know later on I will regret it." Besides, I much prefer working on one goal at a time. Since I've started doing that, surprisingly, I've gotten more done.

Here, @Ahiko. This will help:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@SocioApathetic - Thanks for the song. I was actually having a hard time sleeping..was feeling kinda restless and pounding through dozens of failed games of solitaire, but after hearing this song, my mind is at ease. I can rest easy now. :)

Good night!

PS. On the contrary, your approach to the situation helped me realize that I have to make a conscious effort to not be so impulsive with my ambitions so that I don't get overworked. Your input is another perfect example of how TJs ground ENFPs. :)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
@SocioApathetic - Thanks for the song. I was actually having a hard time sleeping..was feeling kinda restless and pounding through dozens of failed games of solitaire, but after hearing this song, my mind is at ease. I can rest easy now. :)

Good night!

PS. On the contrary, your approach to the situation helped me realize that I have to make a conscious effort to not be so impulsive with my ambitions so that I don't get overworked. Your input is another perfect example of how TJs ground ENFPs. :)
Why, thank you. The more you listen to it, the more it will make sense to you.

Sleep well. ;)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I noticed this is a bad habit of mine: I get over-ambitious and take on too many obligations at once without realizing the workload until I potentially crash and burn from over-working myself. Dx

I feel my ambitions give me unrealistic ideas of my ability, but the idea of taking on many things at once and being BUSYYY excites me. :blushed:

I wonder if this has ever happened to you?

How do you keep yourself from taking too many obligations at once?

Does it usually turn out well or not so well?

If you have any experiences where you kept yourself pretty busy, it would be interesting to know too! :)
That happens. I generally fail succeeding them, but it's really awesome to imagine myself succeeding someday with my obligations.

Reactions: Cher Zee

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Do I know about this?

Sigh, yes.

It was incredibly hard to not volunteer to help with 5th grade recognition, go on the kids field trip, and not go to super kids day. I hated telling neighbor no I couldn't help plan an after school end of the year party. Because I already had one final paper due, a 2 hour final test I had to study for, 5tg grade recognition to attend, a talent show my daughter got herself involved in, soccer awards to attend, and a band concert to attend. Not to mention one billion loads of laundry, grocery shopping, cooking dinner, lunch with my oldest daughter and the drop off and pck up of my son who works but doesn't have his license yet. Oh and date night with my husband tonight.

And the thought passed through my mind today that I want to paint our bedroom. Haha!

My husban is INTJ and he likes to stay busy too. So half of what I am involved in isn't even my idea. But then again, half of what he is involved in isn't his idea.

For a person who gets stressed out by too many activities --- I have a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts