Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I guess I just want to better understand how people think, and I don't want to go all over the internet for vagueness by experts.

Contradictions are fine. Just talk about yourself..(you do enjoy that, right). How do you think, feel? What annoys you, what do you enjoy?

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ramble. You want to write and I want to read it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
This question is so so broad and you're asking a bunch of introverts to just ramble about themselves without really any direction. I don't see this going anywhere...xD
Quoted for emphasis. I have no idea what kind of thing you want. I hate talking about myself without a meaningful context.

·
Registered
946 Posts
There's a lot to tell. We're pretty interesting. :wink: Anything specific? The best way to get to know our type (over this forum, anyway) is to lurk around, and pipe up when you have something you're particularly curious about. You might get something from asking open-ended questions, but it won't be much better than what you'll get from articles. The intricacy of INTJ's comes out the best when we're talking about ideas, not when we're talking about ourselves.

So... ask a better question? Something specific, yet random and novel, and perhaps controversial.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's your favorite topic?

·
Registered
262 Posts
What's your favorite topic?
My favorite topic would be the human mind, how it works, what makes someone happy, what hardships they went through, their thought process. What makes a person unique. How it relates to me. So mostly people and human behavior.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So how does your mind work? lol. Ok I'll be specific. What do you think of democracy? Never fair? Best you can hope for? Do you think it can get better? Are people naturally evil and not able to handle power?

·
Registered
262 Posts
So how does your mind work? lol. Ok I'll be specific. What do you think of democracy? Never fair? Best you can hope for? Do you think it can get better? Are people naturally evil and not able to handle power?
This is a hard topic for me. I think anything can get better as long as people try to grow and constantly find out what can help benefit everyone. I don't think of everything in black and white, it's really gray for me most of the time. I can feel 10 different ways about a topic that can all be contradictory. It's hard to explain..

I think people are not naturally evil. I would believe that people are more naturally selfish than anything else.. But that can be debated too because they are lots of people who put others before themselves.

Hmmm I think it's hard because some people can handle power better than others. I would think that it would take someone with equal parts wisdom strength patience forgiveness selflessness as well as selfishness (in some areas)- a self actualized person- to handle power in the right way.

I don't know I have alot of thoughts. Hahah sorry If I confused you or wasn't clear in some spots.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No..I think I understand. So then do you think some types handle power better than others, or does type have nothing to do with it?

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So then do you think some types handle power better than others, or does type have nothing to do with it?

·
Registered
262 Posts
No..I think I understand. So then do you think some types handle power better than others, or does type have nothing to do with it?
Well i think that some types may be better qualified in leadership/power positions just because it may be something they enjoy, or their though processes navigate through it better, or they have more interest in that type of work. But I believe it comes more down to the individual and what they can bring to the table, what growth and vision they have that can help them in that position to help others.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So then a person in power is no good unless he helps people? What about bosses that do what's best for some people, but not what's best for others? Is there always a choice that's best for everyone, or do you have to choose what's best for the most people?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I can feel 10 different ways about a topic that can all be contradictory. It's hard to explain..
Do you feel any urge to reconcile your contradictory thoughts? Personally I spend a lot of time reconciling contradictory ideas and can't stand ambiguity.

I think it'd take a mature manifestation of any type to handle power. Both underdeveloped Ts and underdeveloped Fs would be poor leader choices despite the strength that both approaches can have in leadership.

·
Registered
262 Posts
So then a person in power is no good unless he helps people? What about bosses that do what's best for some people, but not what's best for others? Is there always a choice that's best for everyone, or do you have to choose what's best for the most people?
I wouldn't say he wasn't good, but you would have to look at the goal here... Lets say that it didn't help some of the people but it achieved the ultimate goal... Then I think it would be a success. This is a hard topic because it can be situational.

Hmm bosses, now not every single thing that's done can be good for every single person, but I would imagine that it would be better if there was success at the same time as benefiting the most people. It would take a well rounded person to be able to figure out the inns and outs and navigate through it to an ultimate conclusion achieving those two things.

Maybe there isn't always a way to benefit every single person, but I believe that helping the most people would be the way to go even if some were left out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Do you feel any urge to reconcile your contradictory thoughts? Personally I spend a lot of time reconciling contradictory ideas and can't stand ambiguity.

I think it'd take a mature manifestation of any type to handle power. Both underdeveloped Ts and underdeveloped Fs would be poor leader choices despite the strength that both approaches can have in leadership.

Yes, I do feel the need to reconcile.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So would you rather be in charge, or an assistant to the person in charge? Or maybe another position?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts