Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I guess I just want to better understand how people think, and I don't want to go all over the internet for vagueness by experts.

Contradictions are fine. Just talk about yourself..(you do enjoy that, right). How do you think, feel? What annoys you, what do you enjoy?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Oh thank you for indulging me! Well where to start.

How I think? I don't. I take the day moment by moment. Of course I plan things, but they aren't very intricate at all or in-depth for that matter. They are plain and simple. For example, I know that I have work sometime this week but I won't find out when until I decide to follow up on it and then work my playtime around that. Honestly though, I don't really enjoy talking about myself. I love finding out things about the other person though, it makes me a great conversationist in that aspect because I'm actually genuinely interested in the other person which allows for an easier time to make friends.

My feelings? I'm not too in touch with that stuff. Don't worry about it too much but I believe I am a hopeless romantic sometimes. In my relationships I noticed I am emotionally reserved sometimes but not too often. I am a total people pleaser, if my gf tells me to do something, I do it (but not like a bitch, nomsayin? I do it with esteem)

What annoys me? You. Jk, no but really...many things. Spelling mistakes to be one, grammar is up there and definitely people who are full of themselves. It's like dude, you aren't the shit so don't think that. Many other things but I guess the more I list, the more negative I will sound so I will cut it out right there.

I enjoy sex. Gives me an opportunity to express myself in levels in which I rarely get to (because I don't have time to pick up girls that often because I have a gf) BUT I can't speak for her myself so that's it for that. I also enjoy talking to humans and anything else involving people. I am such a people person! I love people! I read somewhere that ESTPs are one of the more sociable extroverts out there and I guess it holds true to the most part.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
(Tap tap tap on the microphone, in a low romantic voice that reminds one of Barry White) Hello, yes someone was asking a few questions about my personality E S T P. E S T P, stands for especially sexy typed people. We set the mood, here let me pour you some red wine, and a good glass for me. We tend to be great lovers, always trying something new to please our partner. Very Playful. We're funny, kind and people pleasing type people. Here, invite us into your world won't you and we'll make the night sizzle. Let's do something spontaneous and romantic, shall we?

Reactions: ENTrePreneur

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Oh thank you for indulging me! Well where to start.

How I think? I don't. I take the day moment by moment. Of course I plan things, but they aren't very intricate at all or in-depth for that matter. They are plain and simple. For example, I know that I have work sometime this week but I won't find out when until I decide to follow up on it and then work my playtime around that.

Honestly though, I don't really enjoy talking about myself. I love finding out things about the other person though, it makes me a great conversationist in that aspect because I'm actually genuinely interested in the other person which allows for an easier time to make friends.
What kinds of things do you enjoy talking about? What kinds of things do you like to hear from others? What makes a good conversation to an ESTP?

·
Registered
276 Posts
That doesn't matter. I'm pro at tuning people out.
In that case, try me. I dare you.

What kinds of things do you enjoy talking about? What kinds of things do you like to hear from others? What makes a good conversation to an ESTP?
With my close friends, I enjoy very enjoy gossip about everything and anyone that we all mutually know. I really like talking about theories and scientific stuff like that for a very short amount of time because it gets boring after the first few ideas. Looking back now, I like talking about people alot! For example, whenever I meet a new person, I talk about them and ask them questions about their interests. I make it so that I know everything about them, and they know almost nothing about me. Makes me come off as the mysterious person who you wanna get to know more I suppose. I find that this way of making friends is easiest for me because I'm genuinely interested in what the other person has to say for the most part lol.

What I like to hear from others? Hmmmm. "Bold, daring, badass, courageous, honorable, skillful, deft, genius, handsome, *compliments about my physical appearance are a definite plus* I like to believe I am a narcissist at times which is why I enjoy typing up this answer for you NNNN ehehhe i like your name.

If you wanna really delve into our minds, just be genuinely interested in us. We like down to earth people. Not so much the people with their heads in the clouds (or maybe that's just me because I can only take so much of my INFP friends before I tell them that they're boring and I leave). What I recommend talking about with us is fashion and trendy things currently...trending? Have an esoteric choice of jokes to tell us but with a twist to catch us off balance so you catch our attention.

Happy hunting :)

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
With my close friends, I enjoy very enjoy gossip about everything and anyone that we all mutually know. I really like talking about theories and scientific stuff like that for a very short amount of time because it gets boring after the first few ideas. Looking back now, I like talking about people alot! For example, whenever I meet a new person, I talk about them and ask them questions about their interests. I make it so that I know everything about them, and they know almost nothing about me. Makes me come off as the mysterious person who you wanna get to know more I suppose. I find that this way of making friends is easiest for me because I'm genuinely interested in what the other person has to say for the most part lol.

What I like to hear from others? Hmmmm. "Bold, daring, badass, courageous, honorable, skillful, deft, genius, handsome, *compliments about my physical appearance are a definite plus* I like to believe I am a narcissist at times which is why I enjoy typing up this answer for you NNNN ehehhe i like your name.
Haha, thanks!

If you wanna really delve into our minds, just be genuinely interested in us. We like down to earth people. Not so much the people with their heads in the clouds (or maybe that's just me because I can only take so much of my INFP friends before I tell them that they're boring and I leave). What I recommend talking about with us is fashion and trendy things currently...trending? Have an esoteric choice of jokes to tell us but with a twist to catch us off balance so you catch our attention.
If I like someone, I'll engage them on their level. If I appear to be 'in the clouds' it means I'm not enjoying their company very much. I really don't like talking about things the other person has no interest in

What you said sounds like the conversations I have with my estp gf. But the problem I keep having is when I start talking about what's on my mind, it doesn't take long before I feel like I'm rambling and just want to clam up. It's not based on any feedback from her, probably my own bias against oversharing. Like I feel like I'll bore her if I keep talking.

So I'll do one of two things- mix it up with humor and whatever else to keep it interesting, or if she's talking, I'll just let her talk and ask questions. And then after awhile I'll feel ok to open up again.

So I guess ESTPs and INTPs are similar when it comes to sharing personal info, except you guys do talk a lot more :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts