Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please talk to me!

Okay it's been the case of social deprivation for me these days... but first allow me to describe my situation lately.

I am now still in university but in my final semester, my exam less than 3 weeks away and now my final 2 assignments are gonna be due next week. I haven't studied much nor am I closing in to finishing my assignments. The pressure from this plus the fact that I am finishing my uni life and closing to a working life is making me feel dry - I want to have the best of my last moments here! But I don't think I am getting that. My usual friends are not around these days, off somewhere like going back to their hometown... and I find myself wanting to be around new people instead of being with them... probably because I realised that these people aren't exactly the type of people I actually enjoy myself with, despite the fact that I have been with them since the past few years. Possibly because I like people who are able to do things mostly on their own, not think much about what other people say about them, adventurous, independent, able to think from other people's point of view, not easily believing in what other people say... you probably won't get all these in one person, but generally something like this, do you get the idea? The usual friends I have though are kinda usually the opposite... there is not much fun in the conversations we have, all that they are talking about is usually about having fun in the most superficial ways... it's making me want to be in a new environment with different people. It could be an INFP thing in me, to have some content in the conversations I have with others, not just something without any base. But I only have less than 5 weeks left in uni life... and suddenly wanting to be around new people might be odd, as most people I know here are already getting ready to graduate and finish off everything as they hang out with their own clique. I usually go to uni these days wondering where my usual friends are and they only come to class sometimes, and when they aren't around I wonder to whom else to talk to. It makes me wonder why I never made more friends before this and this phase of life is already about to end for me. If for these usual friends of mine they may have their own boyfriends/girlfriends or housemates and family to talk to, but for me I don't have much interesting stuff to talk to my family that will last for long and I don't have anyone else much, it seems like everyone else is always off to somewhere.

And so it feels incomplete when a day passes by and I realise I didn't talk much to anyone. There should be a quota to be filled of how much a person should speak in a day for them to feel complete!

I feel sad and dry :frustrating: Is there something I could do? Is there something in the way I am doing things that I should change? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
You are just going through a transition. Maybe you should concentrate on the last few weeks of school and then start fresh.
Once you get on with your working life, you will make new friends. You are young, these changes happen sometimes in life. Find fulfillment in each day, it sounds like everyone else is out doing that!
Are you looking for something to do or someone to talk to as a way of putting off what you know you really need to do now, your work? I do that a lot!
Good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
the real world isn't fun.
the real world is totally fun! it's whatever you want it to be!

there's still annoying bits, but you're free to do whatever. all the endings and beginnings coming up will give you chances to make new friends as well.

just ride the waves and smile at the dolphins! :laughing:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are just going through a transition. Maybe you should concentrate on the last few weeks of school and then start fresh.
Once you get on with your working life, you will make new friends. You are young, these changes happen sometimes in life. Find fulfillment in each day, it sounds like everyone else is out doing that!
Are you looking for something to do or someone to talk to as a way of putting off what you know you really need to do now, your work? I do that a lot!
Good luck!

I'd like to find fulfillment with all the days remaining... but when the day passes that I have no one to talk to, there is not much fulfillment anymore.

I am not trying to put things off though... I find that if I have a good friend around, I will be all happy to do my work!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the real world is totally fun! it's whatever you want it to be!

there's still annoying bits, but you're free to do whatever. all the endings and beginnings coming up will give you chances to make new friends as well.

just ride the waves and smile at the dolphins! :laughing:
Hope the chances will come up... thank you :happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts