Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
This seems to apply when talking to non-nfs. In times of trouble, NFs only speak NF.
well duh. when NF's are in times of distress, they are usually emotions related. why would you dump your emotions on a T. they would just stare are you strangely and tell you to get over it. :crazy:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Lol. Totally agree with this. As soon as a small bit opens up, we spill.

Everything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I took Lexapro (an SSRI) because my emotional cup was full and spilling out. At the time, those that attempted to carry my emotional burden were, in time, broken down. For 8 months I was ruthless, devoid of emotion... and I loved it. After Six years and copious amounts of mediation/self introspection, I'm finally at a point where I can weave emotion back into the folds of my life.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Apathy is increasing in me. I may be headed over to the dark side.:sad:

·
Registered
303 Posts
fuck that. You say that because you can see someone is in pain and the normal solution would be to talk about it. When you experience your request you will know that you have been mistaken.
hell yeah!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
well duh. when NF's are in times of distress, they are usually emotions related. why would you dump your emotions on a T. they would just stare are you strangely and tell you to get over it. :crazy:
My big mistake. My first love was a T. And that's exactly what happened. I'm not sure if it's any different when the person is causing all the distress, though. Before I met her I kept everything to myself and she hated it, then a year or two down the road I communicate my emotions and she hated that, too. One big mind fuck.
She had plenty of other insecurity issues as well as other emotional issues that just didn't go well for me. So. Whatever.

·
MOTM February 2014
4,775 Posts

Everything.
Ha, true. I have to be careful to avoid this. It's part of the reason why I don't share much.

why would you dump your emotions on a T. they would just stare are you strangely and tell you to get over it. :crazy:
Don't know if this is true. Some would, definitely! But I've met some that acknowledge (fully or partially) emotional issues. Usually those with emotional issues themselves!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Don't know if this is true. Some would, definitely! But I've met some that acknowledge (fully or partially) emotional issues. Usually those with emotional issues themselves!
my ENTJ friend has very low T. he is perfectly capable of sharing his emotions with his friends, albeit a little awkwardly. but he maintains his T thinking at the workplace and everywhere else.

i think anyone with a high T preference is pretty much hopeless when it comes to understanding emotions

·
Registered
242 Posts

Everything.

I did this on Friday... to a co-worker who barely knows me. I held back some of the deeper stuff, but I still feel so embarrassed. I think she is at least 'NF' though...not the worst person in the world to talk to about feelings.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
I did this on Friday... to a co-worker who barely knows me. I held back some of the deeper stuff, but I still feel so embarrassed. I think she is at least 'NF' though...not the worst person in the world to talk to about feelings.
If they are nice, I hear from people that peoples in the ENFJ category like me listen well to emotional troubles...though we can be a bit nosy and want fix...

Though I'd like you to know...if you planning on "dark Side" of apathy, I suggest changing your F to T...that way you be INTP and the apathy be normal...least from personal experience.

·
MOTM February 2014
4,775 Posts
my ENTJ friend has very low T. he is perfectly capable of sharing his emotions with his friends, albeit a little awkwardly. but he maintains his T thinking at the workplace and everywhere else.

i think anyone with a high T preference is pretty much hopeless when it comes to understanding emotions
Well, that may be more comfort than anything else. I agree, those with low T are more apt to do it--my ISTJ friend is the same way. But my ENTP friend is fairly good at it as well, and I would say he's a pretty high T. Maybe he just feels more comfortable sharing emotions with me; he doesn't always do it when others are around.

I say it's more of a TJ thing to awkwardly handle emotions, though, if specifics are wanted :wink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts