Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an INFJ friend who is a non-stop talker... Golly that girl can talk for hours! I think this may be an aspect of Fe because I know many xxFJs who talk a lot too... but the INFJ is up there. She only talks a lot to people she knows well, as I am one of her close friends, but not with everyone. Do any of you talk a lot as well?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Only if the other person is sincerely interested in the conversation and then they're my good friends. I can sense when someone doesn't want to be in a conversation with me and if they don't I turn it off and walk away. We want to share. We love to share and be valued for our unique abilities so when we feel we have the connection with someone it becomes extraordinarily precious to us. Let the flood gates be opened and we will spill forth all of ourselves... So I would say that this INFJ loves you very much, feels valued and appreciated by you, and loves her connection to you. However, if her chattiness bothers you at times she would care enough about your happiness to listen if you gently told her you need her to talk less. :proud: I love sharing silence with the people I love, too. If someone is part of me I don't care how they want to spend time with me/connect with me... I just want to be there.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If someone is actually sincerely interested in listening, I could probably go on for hours. Hmm... maybe I have too much stored up inside... :unsure:

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
I need to warm-up to people. I don't talk to strangers. Once I feel comfortable, you'd probably think of me as an ENFJ, but if I was in that mode for a long period of time, I would need a lot of sleep/introspection to recover.

This is the only reason that I am an introvert. It has nothing to do with "not being a people person" or anything like that. I think my life would be easier if it wasn't this way. This is why I feel that it must indeed be my brain. I would not choose for it to be like this.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I talk a lot. My wife is an ISFP (they don't talk much) and sometimes I catch her mumbling "always talking, talking...". :wink:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
A lot of the time I keep to myself and usually never have any contact with anyone some days. Then when I go to talk to my closest friend, sometimes I just go on about everything I've just been contemplating. Or family members that I haven't seen in awhile.

Reactions: alicetheinfj

·
Registered
92 Posts
i ask bucket loads of questions most of the time and am generally the listener. i never spill much unless i am completely at ease and sense no judgement. i am not comfortable sharing about myself unless you understand and accept me for who i am.

when i am with my parents (whom i get along with very well.....INFP and INTP) i spill for hours!!!! and they just sit patiently and listen :tongue: i talk way too much to them!!! but i know they accept me completely.....oh and my sister (ENFP) and two friends (INFP & ESFP).......but that is it!

so in answer to the question....yes i talk a lot.....but probably like your friend........only to special people :happy:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I don't know, this is going to gets me some shit, but I've noticed many INFJ talk a lot. They don't really say anything though. It's more that they ramble. Which is strange because it's like they're unsure about themselves but if they don't talk, things might be weird so they're like hyper aware of things but it ends up with the opposite outcome of what they probably wanted.

Also I find when they put themselves down, I find that's annoying also because eventually you just want to tell them to stop being so wishy washy and be a little bit more confident. And some of them only do it to get you to reassure them. Again, very annoying.

They're very corny also and me having Fi, I end up feeling a bit like uncomfortable around them because there's an expectation to match their Fe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts