Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellow INTJ's, are there environments where you talk A LOT? I speak waaaay too much in PC repair. Being surrounded by fellow nerds provokes me to speak to the point of annoying others. I speak quite a bit too in the next class, another nerd friend sits right behind me and we crack jokes the entire class. However last class I say very little.

Are there any environments where you also come out and speak?

Edit: I just found out a lot of INTJ's talk a lot. I thought it was a result of my ADD. And I know I classify myself as a nerd, I'm very big on labels. Classifications make life so much easier.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Never. Unless the subject is of a spiritual matter, typology, or a form of media I'm passionate about. I can go on for hours about my favorite movie, Inception, given a good listener. Also, I'm not above discussing the connections found between Ted Dekker's novels or that really cool kill I got in TF2 last night.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never. Unless the subject is of a spiritual matter, typology, or a form of media I'm passionate about. I can go on for hours about my favorite movie, Inception, given a good listener. Also, I'm not above discussing the connections found between Ted Dekker's novels or that really cool kill I got in TF2 last night.
In PC repair it is almost always something I am interested in. And I am interested in a great many things. Small talk is a no go.

Or when I just feel like saying something I say " I'mma deck you in the face. " My ADD makes me wanna say stuff, but I almost never have the patience to listen.

I do monologues about video games.

EDIT: Well, it seems I have gotten better at small talk. Though most of the time it is socially inappropriate.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If someone asks me more than one questions in a subject I both enjoy, and an knowledgeable in. It takes a few though, because I know a great many things, and am asked a great many questions. If the topic is on subject that doesn't have a right answer. (Because I view my answer as the right one, but I am willing to be persuaded to view it a new way. I also do my best to persuade them... although I do it through destroying arguments and pointing out logical inconsistencies... I need a new method.) The back and forth can literally last forever, and I will do it until they don't want to anymore.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
when im in an environment where i need to.

or

i have something to say

or

when i believe someone "wants" or "needs" me to.

i can talk all fucking day, it wont make sense though... thats quantity over quality.

if i listen a lot i can usually quantify into something short... at least i used to be able to do this... then its quality over quantity.

there doesnt appear to be one universal intj template... otherwise war... when they all tried to take over the same world. i think its a random number generator in the main incubator that spits out intjs with different ideas of what is "taking over the world"

ahh digression

and avoiding doing stuff...

i want my day over.... again..

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I'm with loved ones or close friends, I'm a chatterbox; flitting from subject to subject like a caffeine-afflicted hummingbird.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I speak about things I care about like crazy... do not get me talking about things like philosophy, certain politics, operating systems, etc... unless you don't mind me talking your ear off. Otherwise I will seem like a hermit and people will ask "are you okay"... I am thinking,
"I'm great! I just have nothing to add of relevance, or your conversation is boring me. "
I'm definitely fine sitting back and watching until I feel the need to interject.
I've actually had it said sometimes something along the lines of "wow, i thought you were extremely quiet... but I started talking about web development and you just went ballistic"
So yeah, if it is something I am interested in I will talk, I hate small talk though, it's like going through the motions.
Sometimes regrettably I zone people out ... but that zone usually has a "word" filter on it so if I do hear them talk about something interesting I will pick back up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I grew up on TFC, dude! Memories...

Never played Fortress Forever.
It's alright. I'm into Super MNC and FireFall right now. Both have similarities, and not just the art styling!

Yes, this is on topic. It's something I talk a lot about. Yes, it is also a conversation that should be kept in PM's, but I'm tired and lazy and uncaring.

More on topic: I open up around my ENFP. She probably can't remember what I'm like around people I don't care for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I will talk about almost anything until those that I am speaking to start to mentally wonder off. Their eyes glaze over. I can read their disinterest immediately. Deep conversation is really hard to come by.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pretty much the same as others, If the subject is of interest then I'm difficult to shut up.

When it comes to general small talk though, I can't hold a conversation and I'd rather just sit with a poker face thinking to myself.

The main reason I hate going to pubs/bars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts