1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What things you like to talk about?
can you get excited from talking?
can you excite other people?
are you able to talk about things with passion?
do you enjoy telling stories?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I get excited telling stories of exciting situations I've been in. My hands come out, my face gets full of movement and my voice gets full of expression and drama.
Nothing quite like having a group of people hooked on your every well timed word (and finishing it off with a good, well timed jokey observation type thing that ties back to the story somehow)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I suck at story telling, can't seem to convey an exciting or funny situation well through spoken words.

I do like to talk about solving problems, about life philosophy, and about my various interests though.

It seems like when I'm in a conversation where we're analyzing life in some way and discussing it, I'm excited somewhat.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Life, ideas about problem solving approaches and steps, ideas and plans of Se-chocked activities
Yes.
Yes...maybe?
Sometimes...not sure.
Usually only if they involve a witty one-liner in them or is humorously ironic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you give me examples for problem solving, im not sure what it's like?... i mean, i dont understand how you talk about it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Generally anything except personal things about myself [b/c its nobody's business] and personal things about other people [b/c I cant pretend to care]. More specifically a dash of social issues, "hot topics"/controversy, a little bit of philosophy and psychology, and thats about it. I dont like talking.

I think I can get excited by talking about something but its rare. Its usually when I feel that someone is looking through the same lens of life as I. That "aha" lightbulb moment!

Can I talk about things with a passion? Hmmm... Not so sure. I can be rather monotonous. I generally dont find myself emotionally invested in things even when I may find it important. I tend to be nonchalant about things. Ive gotten points off presentations for not sounding excited [obviously it was something I didn't really care about].

Can I excite other people? Wellllllll... *looks at self* Id like to think so. Ive caused quite the reactions before :tongue:
No but seriously probably not. I just dont care enough. Is there a reason I would want one to be excited? Maybe the kids I mentor but I probably suck at that. Luckily my authority is enough to get them to do what they are supposed to. I dont really like being around excited people.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I generally don't. Not about anything in particular, anyway.
No.
No, but I can upset them, which is close enough.
No.
No.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
can you give me examples for problem solving, im not sure what it's like?... i mean, i dont understand how you talk about it.
Well maybe someone will mention some issue they're having and you both start thinking about it and offering up advice that may help, kind of troubleshooting things. Not when people are just venting though, when they are actually trying to come up with solutions to try out.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I can get very excited from talking lol, case in point being when I was making a video for my friends of random people saying hi to them. I sound like I'm hyperventilating on the video.

·
Registered
715 Posts
about: tech-talk, whatever fascinates me, sometimes venting, ideas if they are somehow practical,
get excited: when talking of ideas changes to planning the implementation, yes.
make excited: i've been told my excitement can be infectious.
with passion: i argue with passion. (if i'm not passionate about the topic, why would i argue?)
storytelling: nope. i am an awful storyteller.

Reactions: U-80 and Benja

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I have two completely different speaking voices IRL, depending on whether I'm engaged or disengaged in the conversation or topic at hand. By default my dislike of talking borders on a speech impediment: the words stick in my throat, I stutter, other people talk right over me. But on the rare occasion where I get a chance to talk about something relevant to me, I do so in my real voice which is strangely loud, clear and articulate, full of emphasis and dramatic ostentation. It's hard to shut me up when I get on a roll. But it's a rare occurrence.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I suck at telling stories, I was talking to my brother about how when my dad(ESTP) tells storys he over exagurates his stories to the point of it being annoying, I asked him if my stories ever get annoying and he said "Well you just get to the point, you dont really have time to get annoyed with it because by the time you've regestered whats going on its over" I laughed at that. XD

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I'm like Dietrich from Barney Miller in the sense that my contribution to the conversation is mostly random facts that are only semi-related to the topic. I love sharing my knowledge with others and I can ramble on about the most obscure things. I'm very passionate when argueing. I'm decent at telling stories, especially if I was there when it happened.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts