Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that 90% of the time, when I see someone that's heavily tattooed, they wind up being an SP?

·
Registered
751 Posts
That statistic somehow doesn't sound very reliable.

Personally, I don't know if I would get a tattoo because I don't really like permanence. Depending on the tattoo itself, I can find some totally aesthetically pleasing, which could be a reason for an ISFP to have one. The other SPs though, I'm not sure. If I were to get one though, it'd be one like these: Imageshack - tattookx.jpg / Imageshack - tattoo4g.jpg

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I find tattoos repulsive. However, if I did like them, I'm sure I'd overdo it just like I overdo everything else that I like.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I'm sure I'd overdo it just like I overdo everything else that I like.
LOL :laughing:

Tattoos... There are some really beautiful, meaningful ones out there. And there are even more that are supremely dumb.

I've thought about getting one. Except, knowing me, I'd get sick of it. Permanent and I just don't mix.

Reactions: madhatter

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NateTheGreat I never know what to make of your questions, lol
I just have hypotheses and I test them by posting questions on this site. Sometimes they are good, and sometimes they are bad. The people of the this site are my test subjects. Sigmeund Freud had Ne, and I have Ne as well. It's what we do man.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
I have two, I would like more, but where I want them, they are job stoppers.

·
Banned
932 Posts
I just have hypotheses and I test them by posting questions on this site. Sometimes they are good, and sometimes they are bad. The people of the this site are my test subjects. Sigmeund Freud had Ne, and I have Ne as well. It's what we do man.

Okay man. lol I will try to lay off...

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
You again. :crazy:

Based on the stereotypes about SPs (which can tend to be truer for SPs than others), it'd make sense that they'd get tattoos. It's just the culture it tends to be associated with: motorcycles, mechanics, blue-collar kind of stuff.

Seriously, you should conduct this experiment at a random tattoo parlor one day. Print out 20 copies of the MBTI quiz and pass it around to everyone in the tattoo parlor.

But be sure to give them free nipple rings for the effort.

And me? No tattoos. Just too permanent for me. I've modeled before (wouldn't be possible with tattoos, they'd rather not have to cover up tats if they can avoid it), and there will no doubt be events in my life where a tattoo would send the wrong message or just get in the way. I'm always tempted though.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You again. :crazy:

Based on the stereotypes about SPs (which can tend to be truer for SPs than others), it'd make sense that they'd get tattoos. It's just the culture it tends to be associated with: motorcycles, mechanics, blue-collar kind of stuff.

Seriously, you should conduct this experiment at a random tattoo parlor one day. Print out 20 copies of the MBTI quiz and pass it around to everyone in the tattoo parlor.

But be sure to give them free nipple rings for the effort.

And me? No tattoos. Just too permanent for me. I've modeled before (wouldn't be possible with tattoos, they'd rather not have to cover up tats if they can avoid it), and there will no doubt be events in my life where a tattoo would send the wrong message or just get in the way. I'm always tempted though.
lol, what do you mean you again?

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
Why is it that 90% of the time, when I see someone that's heavily tattooed, they wind up being an SP?
....Or for some odd reason people associate the SP types as most likely having or wanting tattoos. Unfortunately they're both inaccurate and I can't even label them as stereotypes since some descriptions refer to at least how anti-tattoo the ISTP type may be.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
lol, what do you mean you again?
Meh, I'm not an ESTP anymore, so that comment is no longer in effect.

Hi! Nice to meet you. *handshake* Nate, is it?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
....Or for some odd reason people associate the SP types as most likely having or wanting tattoos. Unfortunately they're both inaccurate and I can't even label them as stereotypes since some descriptions refer to at least how anti-tattoo the ISTP type may be.
That's bullshit, damn near every ISTP that I know has a tattoo.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't care if others have tattoos, but I would never get a tattoo. Just don't care for any, nor do I want to have it all odd-looking when I'm older, not to mention the health risks involved. Also not sure if most tattoo-getters are SPs...

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm going to feed into it and tell you all that I love tattoos, if done well. I'm going to get a few, somewhere I can hide them.

I like simple ones, you know...just words sort of thing. I like them a lot better than just designs and pictures.

I think a design paired up with words too is super pretty.

And if you're curious as to what I like: uno dos tres.

I love piercings to death, but I don't know if that's related so I'll shut up about it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
LOL :laughing:

Tattoos... There are some really beautiful, meaningful ones out there. And there are even more that are supremely dumb.
Meaningful? Nah. Tattoos just mean you paid somebody to carve up your skin. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Only if they are temporary:happy:, and even then not really.
I guess I see tattoos like permanent jewellery or clothing, and there is nothing that I'd want to wear 24/7 for the rest of my life. I want to be free. I don't want to wear some shirt or a word on my back for the rest of my life. I don't even wear makeup.

Reactions: madhatter
1 - 20 of 45 Posts