Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make the assumption that a fair few INTP's don't have tattoos.

However, I also think that if we do it will be something that means a lot, has a story behind it etc.

I just can't really imagine we are the sort of people who would get a tattoo because it looks good and has no real significance.

So do you have a tattoo, if so what is it and why?

Reactions: Radiant Flux

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
I don't have a tattoo. I have been considering for the 1st time in my life of getting one done. But haven't and probably won't find anything significant enough to stamp on me permanently. Plus i don't really hold enough desire to get one anyway. In addition it seems like everyone has a fucking tattoo these days. I think it's more unique not to have one.

·
Registered
911 Posts
No, and I don't really like them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've been thinking about it, but there has yet to come a good idea which would be worth to carry for the rest of life.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have a heart with a ribbon over it on the front of my hip. The ribbon has my wife's name on it. We both got matching one's at the Gasparilla night parade in Ybor City. It's Tampa's version of Marti Gras. We were both somewhat inebriated at the time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have General Relativity and Schrodinger's wave equation on my right and left side, respectively. General Relativity describes the very big, and how the very shape of reality itself responds to the presence of what's inside it. The wave equations represent the evolution of a quantum system over time. They're both beautiful to me, in that they're incompatible with each other. I hope they're reconciled in my lifetime, so I'll be able to add.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like tattoos but I do not have any. I'm too indecisive and would have to choose something extremely meaningful... but chances are, I wouldn't like it later on no matter what. I'm too picky and I don't think tattoos are a good choice for me. lol

I do have piercings, but those can be taken out if I choose. :p

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have General Relativity and Schrodinger's wave equation on my right and left side, respectively. General Relativity describes the very big, and how the very shape of reality itself responds to the presence of what's inside it. The wave equations represent the evolution of a quantum system over time. They're both beautiful to me, in that they're incompatible with each other. I hope they're reconciled in my lifetime, so I'll be able to add.
That's just amazing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hmm...I have 3 tattoos. They are each pretty small and hidden. They don't have any major "meaning" to me...I know most people think that the only good tattoos are meaningful ones, but I just don't agree...If I like something, then that is what it means. To me, most "meaningful tattoos"= corny tattoos...those are the ones I would regret later on. I don't really like the first tattoo I got because the guy messed it up, but at the same time, it's not horrible, just not what I would have picked. It doesn't really bother me though; I just look at it and remember how stupid I was about choosing the right artist back then and it makes me laugh the same way any scars I have do. It's all just marks on my body and looks are only skin deep so I've never really had an issue with it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I don't have a tattoo. I have been considering for the 1st time in my life of getting one done. But haven't and probably won't find anything significant enough to stamp on me permanently. Plus i don't really hold enough desire to get one anyway. In addition it seems like everyone has a fucking tattoo these days. I think it's more unique not to have one.
Haha, whenever the whole tattoo thing comes up I usually tell people I'm a rebel so they say "Oh what did you have done?" to which I reply "I don't have one".... Blank stares ensue, lol.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here's mine;

I'd long wanted a tattoo, and always enjoyed them but I didn't get one until I was 32. I couldn't make up my mine upon what I wanted as it seemed to change regularly, as others here have said.

I finally decided to get a gaming tattoo, but something not especially obvious -- the pattern on my arm is taken from a PS2 game called Primal. The game is one of my favourites, but aside from that the symbol is otherwise vague enough that even without knowing that it is video game based, it still looks cool.

I will admit that a tattoo for me is a sort of litmus test, especially when they're big enough or prominent -- which is why I purposefully chose my left forearm. I'm left handed, so it's quite obvious and for a reason too. If I wouldn't get hired at a place because I have a visible tattoo, then I probably would hate working there anyway.

I want to cover my left arm in black ink, but it's a matter of finding ideas that would work together. I'd like a cohesive whole that looks good together, but has individual elements as well. I have an idea of the next tattoo just above the elbow on the outside of my arm too, but still considering if I want to do it or not.

After all, the first tattoo took me almost 32 years to decide upon.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Haha, whenever the whole tattoo thing comes up I usually tell people I'm a rebel so they say "Oh what did you have done?" to which I reply "I don't have one".... Blank stares ensue, lol.
I used to wear my tie to the alternative dive bar the girls I knew always dragged me to. When people at the bar asked me about my tie I would always say, "I'm the only different person in the room." Oh how they loved hearing that. Or maybe I just loved it I can't remember:p Same blank stare result usually.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
For years I thought about getting a bar code tattoo of my SSN. I understand bar codes and if the tat was done right it would scan my social at any bar code reader. It would have been a demonstration of my feelings on American freedom.

So I told my friend about this last year and he said, "Hey that is just like on Dark Angel." I was like wtf is Dark Angel? So I watched the show, and now I cannot get a tat commonly used on some stupid TV show.

On another occasion, I used to date a girl who told me that tattoos showed commitment in people. I thought about getting one at that time, then found out that she cheated on the last 2 guys b4 me. She cheated on the one after. So much for that theory I told myself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't have a tattoo, don't want one.
I wouldn't even know what to get.
The crazy thing is EVERY one of my guy friends has some sort of tattoo.
Because of that, everybody thinks I should have one.
And when I tell people I don't, I get a wierd look from them that says "Why DON'T you have one? Everyone else does!"
Well, since you met me, everyone else doesn't, apparently.........

·
Registered
173 Posts
I find it funny when people say something like "everyone" has a tattoo.

First, it's the sort of thing that the numbers will only get larger as the number of people being born are increasing. Likewise, since you never STOP having a tattoo unless you spend a lot of time and money to get it removed, even were you to get a tattoo and regret it, it's still there.

Percentage-wise, the numbers seem to be between 15-25% of the current adult population bearing a tattoo. Depending on the year, people polled and what not, numbers vary. These look accurate, and mention a number of different sources, but can't really find anything concrete: Tattoo Facts & Statistics - real info on tattoos and tattooing - Info you need to know.

Also, this is one of those "one drop" situations where one drop of ink means you have a tattoo. For example, both my sister and I have a tattoo. She's a year younger than me and got hers first when she was 19 or so but hasn't any desire to get any more. Her tattoo consists of three footprints upon the top of her left foot, each about an inch long. You MIGHT see this tattoo when she wears flip-flops or sandals and you happen to look down; that's even if the straps don't cover it.

Tattoos ARE more common nowadays, for partially social and technical reasons. Yes, socially they are much more acceptable and the technology is better. The tattoos now look better; the ink colours last longer, and the detail is much finer. The quality of the artists is higher and they're quicker. It's cleaner and safer too. Not just for hygiene, but also the fact that body mod shops aren't just confined to scummy and scary parts of town.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts