Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please?

Hoping to see if anyone will back up my current theory.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
I'm thinking INFP, Fi-Ne-Si-Te. She almost seems like a T, but not when the Fi shines through. Apparently she likes J. D. Salinger, so there's that, and then there's the way she talks and uses her facial expressions.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking INFP, Fi-Ne-Si-Te. She almost seems like a T, but not when the Fi shines through. Apparently she likes J. D. Salinger, so there's that, and then there's the way she talks and uses her facial expressions.
Explain where you're seeing Fi?

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Explain where you're seeing Fi?
[video]https://youtu.be/5b5Ucoylais?t=3m11s[/video]

Fi doesn't seek to adapt. She does her own thing and disregards how others feel about it, because it makes her feel good for being different.

She seems to be in tune with her own emotions, and I think she has a Te way of expressing herself, the way she talks.

What do you think anyway?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[video]https://youtu.be/5b5Ucoylais?t=3m11s[/video]

Fi doesn't seek to adapt. She does her own thing and disregards how others feel about it, because it makes her feel good for being different.

She seems to be in tune with her own emotions, and I think she has a Te way of expressing herself, the way she talks.

What do you think anyway?
Yeah that's what's difficult... that response seems rather Fi, but then I watched her unqualified advice video and noticed her obsession with personal role models to adapt and look up to...

I also wouldn't say she disregards how others feel about her... clearly attuned to emotions of others, and clearly enjoyed gaining reactions from others when she was in middle school. I can relate... doing things solely to get a reaction from others or piss them off, like a game. To evoke a response. But maybe she wasn't simply trying to evoke a response, just show others that she doesn't really care through Te.

It's hard. I'm really torn between Fe/Ti Fi/Te... but I'm pretty sure she's Se/Ni. Everything is aesthetic for her, focusing on references aesthetics or context in her room or outfit...

blah.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Yeah that's what's difficult... that response seems rather Fi, but then I watched her unqualified advice video and noticed her obsession with personal role models to adapt and look up to...

I also wouldn't say she disregards how others feel about her... clearly attuned to emotions of others, and clearly enjoyed gaining reactions from others when she was in middle school. I can relate... doing things solely to get a reaction from others or piss them off, like a game. To evoke a response. But maybe she wasn't simply trying to evoke a response, just show others that she doesn't really care through Te.

It's hard. I'm really torn between Fe/Ti Fi/Te... but I'm pretty sure she's Se/Ni. Everything is aesthetic for her, focusing on references aesthetics or context in her room or outfit...

blah.
ISFP could be another possibility, that would be Fi-Se-Ni-Te. What makes you sure on Se/Ni? I thought I saw Si in her nostalgia, so I honestly tried her out as an ISTJ at first, but she seems to be way too genuinely warm and expressive for that (but it doesn't show immediately).

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ISFP could be another possibility, that would be Fi-Se-Ni-Te. What makes you sure on Se/Ni? I thought I saw Si in her nostalgia, so I honestly tried her out as an ISTJ at first, but she seems to be way too genuinely warm and expressive for that (but it doesn't show immediately).
I don't think nostalgia is necessarily Si. Nostalgia is too vague of a concept, and I've never met a single person who never experiences nostalgia on some level or is reminded of a past event or archetype. Perhaps everyone I know is Si/Ne Ne/Si. :p

"Aesthetically cataloging things". Enough said. Well, not necessarily. What does that mean? Seems for Tavi, the immediate world is her source of inspiration- fashion, film, music, the vintage. She's attracted to the very aesthetic of these things, and reinvents those very aesthetics in a tangible way, through her art and references. Everything is an aesthetic with a meaning or association behind it. A meaning I imagine is very ruminated and calculated... she doesn't strike me as an individual who expands on concepts outwardly, but keeps them tucked away. Her very idea of concept seems highly stemmed from the aesthetic, what lurks underneath it.

Her abstractions themselves are not very expansive. "It has a good spirit to it". "Deconstructed... bride.... thing". Her ideas don't expand at all. They're based on the aesthetics of things... the flowy mysticism of stevie nix, the kinderwhore of courtney love, and as you can see, expressing them verbally is not necessarily her strong suit. She takes the image and deconstructs what it symbolizes into a central concept, and doesn't really expand upon that concept. X is kinderwhore, making it Y. Those are her concepts.... the underpinnings of the tangible sensory world, and what lurks behind these objects, and what symbolizes them. I think an INFP would be more expansive and would jump from concept to concept... not seeing that whatsoever. She jumps from aesthetic to aesthetic instead.

As for nostalgia, nostalgia to her are the things she loved as a child, as they are, and then she references them aesthetically. Nostalgia for an Si is more a myth. It's how something was before, and therefore all things you see are that previous thing, until new data (Ne) reinvents itself and allows for more fodder and choices of what reality can be. I don't see how that's Tavi.

Interesting because I had a feeling people were going to pick INFP for her. Unfortunately you're the only person participating in my musings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts