Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about this a lot, and I've come to the conclusion that she is an ESFJ.

Loves to perform, has said before that she never gets tired of being around people, always has to talk to someone about her problems, loves to hug her fans and just people in general, seems to have amazing people skills = E

Has mentioned being a very detail oriented person, down to earth and humble, uses lots of details in her song lyrics, likes to plan every tiny detail in her shows, seems to be grounded in reality, has mentioned trusting people too easily and not thinking about the consequences, she also seems somewhat old fashioned and conservative in her ways of thinking = S

Just listen to her music. It's obvious that emotions dominate her way of living. = F

Seems very put together, and likes to organize and plan. = J

Also, if you just watch how she interacts with people, it's clear that she is an Fe dom. She loves hugging and show affection to others, and she also loves expressing her emotions and wearing her heart on her sleeve. Also, ESFJs are typically very easily wounded, and their emotions kind of spin out of control afterwards. This seems to be a common pattern in her life. She is also a very feminine and sensitive person. Always wearing pretty and sparkly dresses, daydreaming about falling in love and getting married, being on record saying that she wants a minimum of FOUR kids....ESFJ women are typically the very epitome of femininity, and all of those things I just mentioned are traditionally feminine characteristics.

What do you think? ESFJ or ENFJ??

·
Banned
465 Posts
Taylor Swift is an F. That's for damn sure. Fi to be more specific. Taylor Swift is an S. Se to be more specific. All one has to do is listen to her lyrics. She is either an ISFP or ESFP.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Taylor Swift is an F. That's for damn sure. Fi to be more specific. Taylor Swift is an S. Se to be more specific. All one has to do is listen to her lyrics. She is either an ISFP or ESFP.
I always thought she was either ESFJ or ENFJ. She uses Si too often when looking back at old relationships to be ESFP or ISFP. I definitely think she's an extrovert...I can't see an introvert speaking so candidly about her love life. What makes you think she's Fi-dom?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely think she's an extrovert...I can't see an introvert speaking so candidly about her love life. What makes you think she's Fi-dom?
I agree completely. I really don't see a lot of introversion in her. She's so open and expressive with her emotions, and that's not a trait that a typical introvert would have, especially ISFPs. I honestly think she's Fe. I mean, she literally came off stage in the middle of a concert and walked through the crowd, hugging and kissing all of her fans. Yeah, she writes about her own life and her own problems, but throughout her daily life, she seems incredibly focused on others and their needs. Sounds like Fe dom to me. :p

·
Banned
465 Posts
I always thought she was either ESFJ or ENFJ. She uses Si too often when looking back at old relationships to be ESFP or ISFP. I definitely think she's an extrovert...I can't see an introvert speaking so candidly about her love life. What makes you think she's Fi-dom?
Si? I always thought she was using Se to express her Fi emotions (from what I understand pretty much everything she has ever written is personal in nature; all her songs are like diary entries or something) in song. Can't see N at all. Her lyrics aren't exactly deep and complex. "She wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts." Very profound connection there, Taylor. Sure sounds like Se-Fi to me. You might be right about introversion being unlikely, though. That being said, it is possible for introverts to express themselves more comfortably in song, writing, art, etc. There are plenty of introverted musicians who have written about their personal lives. Socially, Taylor may be an ambivert, extrovert or introvert, but in a Jungian sense she could very well be an "I" if Fi is her dominant function, which wouldn't surprise me. Could very well be an ESFP, though. And yeah, it could be inverted from what I'm thinking; she could be Si-Fe xSFJ. And I will admit I'm not a fan and haven't exactly listened to all her music, so I'm only going by what little I do know. But I will say that the "SF" seems pretty indisputable based on that alone.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Her lyrics strike me as sensor-like, not that they're shallow but that they're concrete. She tends to express feelings through things (guitars, t-shirts, etc.) rather than by writing about them all abstractly. Just an observation. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I would assume she could be a N or NF due to her romantic songs.
xSFJs are extremely romantic people too; they just get more jaded as they grow older and have a more practical attitude towards their romantic feelings than do NFs.

Reasons why I think she's Fe+Si (ESFJ) not Se+Fi (ESFP):
--She rehashes a lot of the events and people who have hurt her in her songs, and seems to like to live in the past instead of the present.
--In her everyday life, she is very traditional. She has a squeaky clean image, dresses conservatively, worships the Kennedys, wants the fairytale romance of prince rescuing the princess, etc.
--She gets extremely hurt by negative comments directed at her and lashes out at people who she feels are responsible (Fe). Her reaction towards Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's joke about her (the whole "special place in hell for women who don't help other women" fiasco) is representative of this.
--She cares a lot about how her fans view her. She has said in interviews before that her biggest goal is to make her fans happy. (Fe). I feel like an artist who was Se + Fi would say that their biggest goal is to be original, or to be true to themselves.
--I feel like Se would manifest in more attention-getting behavior and more risk-taking (for example, I feel like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are both ESFPs).

·
Registered
15 Posts
xSFJs are extremely romantic people too; they just get more jaded as they grow older and have a more practical attitude towards their romantic feelings than do NFs. Reasons why I think she's Fe+Si (ESFJ) not Se+Fi (ESFP): --She rehashes a lot of the events and people who have hurt her in her songs, and seems to like to live in the past instead of the present. --In her everyday life, she is very traditional. She has a squeaky clean image, dresses conservatively, worships the Kennedys, wants the fairytale romance of prince rescuing the princess, etc. --She gets extremely hurt by negative comments directed at her and lashes out at people who she feels are responsible (Fe). Her reaction towards Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's joke about her (the whole "special place in hell for women who don't help other women" fiasco) is representative of this. --She cares a lot about how her fans view her. She has said in interviews before that her biggest goal is to make her fans happy. (Fe). I feel like an artist who was Se + Fi would say that their biggest goal is to be original, or to be true to themselves. --I feel like Se would manifest in more attention-getting behavior and more risk-taking (for example, I feel like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are both ESFPs).
These are good points, and you could be right about Taylor.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I've been thinking about this a lot, and I've come to the conclusion that she is an ESFJ.

Loves to perform, has said before that she never gets tired of being around people, always has to talk to someone about her problems, loves to hug her fans and just people in general, seems to have amazing people skills = E

Has mentioned being a very detail oriented person, down to earth and humble, uses lots of details in her song lyrics, likes to plan every tiny detail in her shows, seems to be grounded in reality, has mentioned trusting people too easily and not thinking about the consequences, she also seems somewhat old fashioned and conservative in her ways of thinking = S

Just listen to her music. It's obvious that emotions dominate her way of living. = F

Seems very put together, and likes to organize and plan. = J

Also, if you just watch how she interacts with people, it's clear that she is an Fe dom. She loves hugging and show affection to others, and she also loves expressing her emotions and wearing her heart on her sleeve. Also, ESFJs are typically very easily wounded, and their emotions kind of spin out of control afterwards. This seems to be a common pattern in her life. She is also a very feminine and sensitive person. Always wearing pretty and sparkly dresses, daydreaming about falling in love and getting married, being on record saying that she wants a minimum of FOUR kids....ESFJ women are typically the very epitome of femininity, and all of those things I just mentioned are traditionally feminine characteristics.

What do you think? ESFJ or ENFJ??
11infamousx, I think your post is extremely perceptive. If pressed without thinking about it, I would have guessed ESFP or ISFP. But upon reflection I think your ESFJ is the correct and non obvious choice.

See this link that talks about judging versus perceiving, and I think you are spot-on here. Taylor meets the list of activities for "People who prefer Judging" down the page:

Judging (J) or Perceiving (P)? | MyEVT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts