·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh? Yeah? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
i can see taylor swift as INFP. hayley williams of paramore? i don't know enough about her.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep hayley williams of paramore.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hayley Williams = ENFP 4w3, based on what I've read.

Reactions: viva

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know very much about Hayley William's personality, but Taylor Swift is not an INFP because she loves organizing, planning, and analyzing. I agree with the INF completely though. Some people think she's extraverted, but she's really not. She loves reading, spending time alone, and wasn't very popular in middle and high school because she was quiet and liked different things. This is why I'm pretty sure she's an INFJ.

Reactions: Feather Yewfrost

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am certainly an INFJ. :) I'm basically the complete opposite of ENTPs. Hahah. What made you say ENTP though? Vert interesting!
By the way, I've been getting to know an INTP lately and she's awesome. You guys are like crazy scientists. -- I love it. :)

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
I am certainly an INFJ. :) I'm basically the complete opposite of ENTPs. Hahah. What made you say ENTP though? Vert interesting!
By the way, I've been getting to know an INTP lately and she's awesome. You guys are like crazy scientists. -- I love it. :)
Thank you :) You remind me of an ENTP girl I know who thinks that she is an introvert. I'm fairly sure that if she knew about personality tests she'd identify herself as INFJ, despite the fact that she quite clearly isn't one. What specifically about ENTP do you think is unlike you?

Edit: Again, I don't mean to say you are not INFJ. I have no opinion whatsoever, I am just curious.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't think I need to explain because INFJ fits me to a T. (Hahah you have no idea how defensive I am getting because I am really bad with criticism and extremely protective of my identity. I promise I'm not this annoying in person :[ )
But, um. I am 100% not an extravert. INFJs are people based introverts. But I do tend to prefer thinking about and romanticizing all of my interactions after they happened. Haha, I do not know how to live in the moment... AT ALL. I'm obsessed with future (and the past too). And, I NEED things to be organized. (I am NOT a perceiver). And oh goodness, I am not even nearly an NT! I envy your ability to rationalize things rather than base everything off of your feelings though!! Hehe, I am extremely emotional. And obsessed with anything art/English related. (Writing, playing guitar or piano, singing, photography, etc.) Yeah, I'm kind of like that typically portrayed character who's a huge dreamer, but also tries really hard to obtain those dreams. (GATSBY, GATSBY, GATSBY!!!)
Trust me, I am an INFJ. And I know a TON about Myers Briggs. You should tell your ENTP friend to do more research on myers briggs. So fascinating. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Aw, no!! I'm sorry!!!! I didn't mean to target you in any way or anything! :(
I've always felt I've had a very tight grasp on who I am and am rarely doing things for myself, so when someone puts who I am, that one thing that's kinda mine, into question, it shakes me up a bit.
SORRY!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aw, no!! I'm sorry!!!! I didn't mean to target you in any way or anything! :(
I've always felt I've had a very tight grasp on who I am and am rarely doing things for myself, so when someone puts who I am, that one thing that's kinda mine, into question, it shakes me up a bit.
SORRY!
Haha, you sound similar to my roommate when I questioned if she was an INFJ. She became EXTREMELY defensive and we got into an argument. Due to my persistence however, I asked her if she would consider doing some research on ISFP, and when she calmed down to listen, and we watched a video comparing the two, and I sat her down and explained how the four functions work, she said she hated me and that I was right. Whoops.

I have noticed a pretty strong bias towards INFJ typing in people, which is why I think people tend to be skeptical upon meeting one. For some reason every girl I'm around lately wants to be an INFJ, even though most of them are not.

You didn't mention researching the four functions (Ni, Fe, Ti, Se for INFJ) so incase you haven't, you may enjoy learning about them and comparing them to other functions - for me that has been the more important part of MBTI in understanding myself and others, especially for healthy communication with types very different than mine own.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Aw, ISFPs are adorable though! They're the sweetest. :)
Thank you so much for trying to help me out! I've been researching myers briggs incessantly for the past year though, so I already know about all of that! (It's kind of pathetic how much time I spend reading article after article on MBTI, hehe.) I'm positive that I'm an INFJ. I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE FAKE INFJS, PROMISE!! ;)
I don't know what it is with people wanting to be an INFJ when they CLEARLY aren't lately. I've noticed that too, and as someone who STRONGLY identifies as one, it bothers me more than most people. I think it's that people have this idea that 'rare' means better or more special, when that just isn't the case. I've dealt with false uniqueness myself, but it is VERY FRUSTRATING when people try to be something that they aren't. I kind of don't know how to deal with these situations because I probably seem really calm or friendly about it, but inside I'M FUMING. Hahha. :)
BUT AHHH. HELLO INFP. INFPs are LITERALLY MY FAVORITE PEOPLE. My closest friend is an INFP and all we talk about half the time is myers briggs (we're extremely nerdy hehe).
But, thanks for trying to help out. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can tell you're an INFJ even through type, you guys are both terrifying and fascinating. May God have mercy on the soul that crosses you on the wrong day!

Flattered to hear we're your favorite! INFJ's are actually my favorite type as well, though I don't really know of any male ones (my other roommate claims he scored as it as well, but he thinks MBTI is all false and he lacks the organized passion inherent in INFJs - though he's certainly the strangest dude I've ever met and I love him). I can spot a female INFJ a mile away however, because all's I want to do is talk to them for hours immediately and there's a 30% chance I fall in love with them the first time they even slightly touch me - it's like they have super powers.

For a while I thought I was an ENFP, I always tend to score about 50/50 on the E/I, but when I learned more about the functions and such I realized I was Fi dominant, just not as much as most INFPs. So I tend to crave meeting new people and at times can be pretty open - it's only in stressful times in my life I fall into the closed off-ness and solitude INFPs are known for. Often at a party however, I'm easily mistaken for an ENFP.

Haha, I'm really starting to love my little ISFP roommate, she's too good to me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts