Personality Cafe banner

Taylor Swift: Enneatype 2 or Enneatype 3?

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Aiwass 
#1 ·
I have been accompanying Swift's career closely and I can't see her as anything but a 3w2. I think her album reputation made her E type even clearer:

"Big reputation". Public image. Stomping on your enemies. Being "on top". These are all E3 themes, and Swift reproduces them consistently through her songs.

I saw someone making a decent case for 2w3 once, but I still vastly prefer the core 3 argument. I see her as the "smooth" and "soft" type of 3 (3w2), instead of the tempestuous and harder 3 (3w4) that would be better represented IMO by people like Madonna or Christina Aguilera.

It is true that she is a relationship-focused person, but I don't understand why 3s can't be relationship-focused (especially as the image types they are). Being relationship-focused doesn't make someone a core 2.

#3 ·
The Enneagram Institute says she's a 3:

Interesting to know, but I don't find the Enneagram Institute 100% reliable. I mean they are fairly decent as a source, but I don't agree with all of their typings.

For example, I disagree with their assessment of Kurt Cobain as a 5 (who IMO was a clear 4) and I disagree with their assessment of David Bowie as a 3.

Good to know I am on the same page as the Enneagram Institute is about Taylor Swift, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.