Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here. I said it. I've seen the woman typed as ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTP...
But I think she is an ENFJ. Especially after the recent changes and revelations in her career.

I don't think Type 3 ENFJ is uncommon at all.
What do you think, ENFJs?

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taylor Swift has INFP written all over her. Either that, or an ambiverted NFP.
Why INFP? Everything about her screams Fe lead so much. She is the postergirl of Fe, at least as I understand Fe.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,207 Posts
If you look at her earlier video interviews, you can see how she's a lot more introverted. Also, ENFJs tend to have a different structured approach to life in how they deal with others. I just don't see her as an ENFJ. INFPs can also be posh in appearance. And being NF, in general, will make you likely to care for humanitarian concerns. So naturally, it would appear that she's more of the ENFJ community organizing type, but at the heart of it all, I read INFP in her. ENFJs tend to be gregarious in ways that are very different from INFPs.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you look at her earlier video interviews, you can see how she's a lot more introverted. Also, ENFJs tend to have a different structured approach to life in how they deal with others. I just don't see her as an ENFJ. INFPs can also be posh in appearance. And being NF, in general, will make you likely to care for humanitarian concerns. So naturally, it would appear that she's more of the ENFJ community organizing type, but at the heart of it all, I read INFP in her. ENFJs tend to be gregarious in ways that are very different from INFPs.
INFPs are nothing like Taylor Swift IMO. She is too other-focused; she changes to adapt to the environment, which is Fe. Fi doesn't really change to adapt to the environment like she does. Fi is static, unmovable like a rock. Fi doms are always consistently themselves. They aren't chamaleonic or flexible.

I used to type Taylor as ESFJ, but now I see that Ni aux makes much more sense. Listen to this song and see how much Fe and Enneatype 3 it expresses:

I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball
I'll show you every version of yourself tonight

I'll get you out on the floor
Shimmering beautiful
And when I break, it's in a million pieces

[...]
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball
I can change everything about me to fit in

You are not like the regulars
The masquerade revelers
Drunk as they watch
my shattered edges glisten

This is what Fe is like. A mirrorball. It absorves everything around it. It adapts, and seeks to understand the emotions of others. In some ways, it becomes the emotion of others.

All of Swift's songs are focused on a significant other - almost none of them are self-focused. She is one of the least self-absorbed people on Earth.

·
Registered
442 Posts
eeuughg...mmhmhmhmmmh...I dunnnoo......Lol. Doesn't feel right to me? Taylor Switch is a ENFJ like Drake and Tupac? Nah, idk about that.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eeuughg...mmhmhmhmmmh...I dunnnoo......Lol. Doesn't feel right to me? Taylor Switch is a ENFJ like Drake and Tupac? Nah, idk about that.
I could see ESFJ, but nothing different from Fe lead, really.

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
I agree with Fe dom -enfj is a possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aiwass

·
Registered
442 Posts
I could see ESFJ, but nothing different from Fe lead, really.
Someone who said INFP makes more sense to me. But its Taylor Swift, I don't care enough at the moment to type him anyway, She could be Fe but she gives a Fi vibe some my gut and intuition says INFP like the guy said before.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Someone who said INFP makes more sense to me. But its Taylor Swift, I don't care enough at the moment to type him anyway, She could be Fe but she gives a Fi vibe some my gut and intuition says INFP like the guy said before.
I think INFP is very unlikely but I'm open to the possibility. Why do you get this INFP vibe, though? Do you think you can explain your perceptions?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think INFP is very unlikely but I'm open to the possibility. Why do you get this INFP vibe, though? Do you think you can explain your perceptions?
She has the typical Fi sensitive inner values vibe to her, not feeling Fe with her honestly like Jennifer Lawrence for instance an ENFJ, some others I type ENFJ are Oprah Winfrey and Morgan Freeman.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She has the typical Fi sensitive inner values vibe to her, not feeling Fe with her honestly like Jennifer Lawrence for instance an ENFJ, some others I type ENFJ are Oprah Winfrey and Morgan Freeman.
Could you give me examples of people you type as INFP? Just to understand more what you mean when you say "sensitive inner values".

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
Course she doesn’t act like Jennifer Lawrence who’s an Esfp - Jennifer Lawrence is extroverted in the sense of embracing what is surrounding her in the moment and react to it then and there / she lacks Fe - doesn’t strive in group interaction nor does she ever talk about what others think or want- or how other people should change /act /help each other out etc etc

Taylor Swift is an Fe dom - her focus is outward - observing other people and the world around her - collecting crowd reaction and up until past 30 she admitted to acting accordingly to what everyone expected of her . She strive in group situation and gain energy from it .
Her songs along with her choice of action is in tune to the emotional flow surrounding her, and she responds to it spontaneously and directly which opposes from Fi which is more focus inward .
She also seeks out and creates activities where people are totally engaged in what they are doing ( whether it’s throwing a large party for her friends /fans /love ones )

Both Oprah and Swift are concern about how they impact others and uses their voice to try to help advocate - they both react to what is objectively happening around the world and strive within crowds and group interaction- both are very people focus and forcing their belief on what’s is right onto others . Both reads crowd reaction and act accordingly to it .
Swift is very much an Fe dom

I’m leaning towards esfj for her though but I’m not quite certain

Reactions: Aiwass

·
Registered
442 Posts
Course she doesn’t act like Jennifer Lawrence who’s an Esfp - Jennifer Lawrence is extroverted in the sense of embracing what is surrounding her in the moment and react to it then and there / she lacks Fe - doesn’t strive in group interaction nor does she ever talk about what others think or want- or how other people should change /act /help each other out etc etc

Taylor Swift is an Fe dom - her focus is outward - observing other people and the world around her - collecting crowd reaction and up until past 30 she admitted to acting accordingly to what everyone expected of her . She strive in group situation and gain energy from it .
Her songs along with her choice of action is in tune to the emotional flow surrounding her, and she responds to it spontaneously and directly which opposes from Fi which is more focus inward .
She also seeks out and creates activities where people are totally engaged in what they are doing ( whether it’s throwing a large party for her friends /fans /love ones )

Both Oprah and Swift are concern about how they impact others and uses their voice to try to help advocate - they both react to what is objectively happening around the world and strive within crowds and group interaction- both are very people focus and forcing their belief on what’s is right onto others . Both reads crowd reaction and act accordingly to it .
Swift is very much an Fe dom

I’m leaning towards esfj for her though but I’m not quite certain

Nah Jennifer Lawrence is ENFJ, reads the emotional state of others a lot and cares for society values and read between the lines with her Ni and is future oriented and has Ni insight. ESFP girl examples are Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, and Miley Cyrus, those are real ESFP girls.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mbti/comments/6cdivt

·
Registered
442 Posts
Could you give me examples of people you type as INFP? Just to understand more what you mean when you say "sensitive inner values".
Sure, these people are definitely INFP in my opinion. JK Rowling INFP, mistyped herself INFJ hard like Oprah who is an ENFJ extrovert. JRR Tolkien, Tim Burton, Edgar Allan Poe, Willaim Shakespear (A lot of old guys lol) AA Milne I think his name is, Bill Waterson, INFPs are the best writers of all time what can I say haha. Ray Bradbury is also INFP and my favorite author of all time. Kurt Cobain is DEFINITELY INFP lol. John Lennon is the INFP Archetype.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure, these people are definitely INFP in my opinion. JK Rowling INFP, mistyped herself INFJ hard like Oprah who is an ENFJ extrovert. JRR Tolkien, Tim Burton, Edgar Allan Poe, Willaim Shakespear (A lot of old guys lol) AA Milne I think his name is, Bill Waterson, INFPs are the best writers of all time what can I say haha. Ray Bradbury is also INFP and my favorite author of all time. Kurt Cobain is DEFINITELY INFP lol. John Lennon is the INFP Archetype.
Ok fine, at least I can agree that most of these people are INFP, with the exception of Rowling who I suspect to be ISFJ.
But I don't think Taylor Swift is similar to them at all. She is much less self-absorbed and much more focused on others, like @ai.tran.75 mentioned. She seems to quickly change in any given environment to adapt to those around her (this includes all interviews I've watched). I don't think she is a classical introvert but rather an ambiverted extrovert.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ok fine, at least I can agree that most of these people are INFP, with the exception of Rowling who I suspect to be ISFJ.
But I don't think Taylor Swift is similar to them at all. She is much less self-absorbed and much more focused on others, like @ai.tran.75 mentioned. She seems to quickly change in any given environment to adapt to those around her (this includes all interviews I've watched). I don't think she is a classical introvert but rather an ambiverted extrovert.

I disagree, Rowling follows her inner values and is very sensitive and wants to do what's right based on his strong Fi values, people think Fe is the helping others and community function a lot. Usually Fe is community oriented like Deku or All Might who are both NFJ characters but Fi users also like to do these things with their strong Fi empathy and feelings on things and bonds and emotions to others they feel inside and especially for an INFP idealist type like that too. Rowling is also scattered and imaginative and is very curious and loves asking questions and sees multiple possibilities in everything she does and writes, Harry Potter is the ultimate INFP magical story of wizards and it has an excellent ISFP main character in Harry. JK Rowling is INFP in my opinion for sure.

Also remember Fi is not the self absorbed selfish function even if there known for and people stereotype them badly with this a lot and Fi users both care about others too, Fe is not the care about other people function, Fe users care about people's emotional state and society values more often but Fi users also care a lot about people and want to help them with their Fi empathy and love for humanity and people too, Fi lives by its own values separate from society and do what they feels is right which can lead to a person that wants to help people all the time too, wanting to help others is not an exclusive Fe trait remember this. This is not exclusive to Fe users at all and is a bad stereotype. I talk about this in a recent thread I made on the reddit briefly here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mbti/comments/i53kms

·
Registered
442 Posts

Also by the way I'm not really arguing too much on this, your probably right on Fe dom but I'm just against the logic you used in my opinion since Fi vs Fe is more nuanced than that, the consensus online right now seems that Taylor Swift is ESFJ currently it seems. I don't care for Taylor Swift enough to care, I'm just in here for some reason since I know you and I think your typing triggered people which I found amusing so I came in to chat about it lol and share my opinion. But I don't even follow her so I can only argue on impression and thats it, Fe is probably right but consider the ESFJ opinion people are saying for her.

Edit: Sometimes Fi users can be open to but her being so open as a person and with her fans seems very Fe and she has a very community oriented feel in a Fe way not Fi inner value way so yeah I agree now Fe dom, ESFJ makes sense to me from watching that video. She's very down to earth and practical like sensors and SFJs are known for. NFs are the most idealistic types yes but people forget how idealistic sensors can be sometimes too, my ESFJ family member is very idealistic sensor and ESFJ for example, ESFJs are some of the most idealistic sensors out there. You don't have to forget to move on seems like a very Si line for her and she still feels like forgiving and moving on with her Ne ter as well and focusing on the past deed with her Si and sorting it out in her mind and with the person if she can. Reflecting on past experiences with her Si seems to be everything to her here as a Si aux ESFJ user for her with Fe of course being her most prominent and important function.

And proof that she's a Si user and not a Ni user at all is at the end of the video when the interviewer asks where do you see yourself 20-30 years in the future? She says I have no idea and never have been able to do that and think super far into where my life will be in the future, showing low Ni or intuiton at all since intuitives are all future oriented in general, she's more focused on past experiences with her Si and storing details and memories now currently to save and treasure and remember for later with her Si as an ESFJ.

Interviewer asks "Why?" in terms of why you can't think of the future.
Taylor Swift "It just freaks me out, when I zoom out too far I freak out. Do I know where I'm gonna be in 20 years or even want to be in 20 years, absolutely not, not taking one single thing for granted" Si fearing the future and focusing on Si security and what they do know and understand based on the past and Ne ter fearing future possibilities at all costs and not knowing where there going and freaking out because the possibilities scary them as SJs and Si users for an ESFJ with Taylow Swift here. When she answers how far she can look ahead, she says hesitantly 6 months because you know I have to plan shows and stuff, she can't think that far in the future and hates it and the future scares her at all costs, she doesn't want to take anything for granted in life ever and values every personal experience she's been through in the past with her Si. Taylor Swift is definitely an ESFJ for sure. This video proved that perfectly here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts