Personality Cafe banner

Te-dom behavior when stressed? Typical for which type?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  a HeatherSawyer 
#1 ·
My brother has a weird personality. He's actually very idealistic, calm, a bit artsy, relaxed and questions everything. However, I realized that when he's stressed he becomes toxic and behaves like a steretypical Te-dom. He becomes bossy, decisive, materialistic, dogmatic, judging (I'm not talking about the letter J) and even starts adoring authority. When he gets relaxed again, which can take weeks or even months depending on what he's up to at work, he suddenly changes back. Sometimes that is funny to watch because within days he goes from "We need strong leaders and the purpose of a human being is to work hard" to "freedom is the highest good and life is too short to waste it thinking about money".

Is there a type which is known for becoming that when under negative stressed?

#2 ·
Probably any type with tertiary Te, such as ESFP and ENFP. The theory is when someone is stressed, they may fall into the loop.
Loop means you use your dominant and tertiary function, and you disregard the auxiliary function. And it's unhealthy.

Or types with inferior Te, if you are talking about grip stress (more than just stress): INFP and ISFP.
Under extreme stress, you heavily use your undeveloped inferior function, which is unhealthy as well.

#3 ·
I get demanding and turn into a kind of swat team when I am stressed. Or distressed. Very impatient with irrelevance. And I reach hard for concrete facts.

Never recall spinning that into opinions about The System and what it should be though. In fact people who want to stand around pontificating about big oil and how matches should be outlawed when their own feet are on fire make me nuts.

#4 ·
Te dom or aux

Probably any type with tertiary Te, such as ESFP and ENFP. The theory is when someone is stressed, they may fall into the loop.
Loop means you use your dominant and tertiary function, and you disregard the auxiliary function. And it's unhealthy.

Or types with inferior Te, if you are talking about grip stress (more than just stress): INFP and ISFP.
Under extreme stress, you heavily use your undeveloped inferior function, which is unhealthy as well.

seems very unlikely
stress makes me withdrawn, my primary mode is to not affect anyone else. Stress is part of life, each person deals with it according to their personality preferences as those are the most trained & habitual reactions to what's happening to us.

#6 ·
Te dom or aux

seems very unlikely
stress makes me withdrawn, my primary mode is to not affect anyone else. Stress is part of life, each person deals with it according to their personality preferences as those are the most trained & habitual reactions to what's happening to us.
I see I see

My sister is an ESFP and she does get defensive and demanding when the situation is out of her control.

Thanks for replying.

Maybe it has something to do with enneagram, socionics and/or upbringing style as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.