Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi beloved individuals from a very lovely type!

I would love if you guys could teach us ENTPs to be creative with our Fe.

For now I feel like it s just a function I need to expand my conscious control over.

1 hug per thank :D

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, so I ll start with a question :

What do you think of this expression pattern?

Fake Fi statement "Shitty World"!

Wait... (not too long) + smirks

"You guys are awesome and I suck" kind of statement/attitude.

Reactions: Windblownhair

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Since I doubt there would be any other INFJ willing to help you through sharing knowledge based on experience (maybe one or two more)...

You could always PM me or any other more open INFJ here (but not random ones you've never spoken to) since it'd take pages and pages of explanation.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<3

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Alright, so I ll start with a question :

What do you think of this expression pattern?

Fake Fi statement "Shitty World"!

Wait... (not too long) + smirks
I'll be honest, if you said and did that, I wouldn't think think the subtext was this:

"You guys are awesome and I suck" kind of statement/attitude.
It reads as kind of blasé.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be honest, if you said and did that, I wouldn't think think the subtext was this:

It reads as kind of blasé.
What's a blasé? Sounds like a French word I know but I m not sure what you meant by this.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh ok, so it s the same in French :D

Well, you are right and I suppose it depends on the situation. I meant it in relaxed social settings. Step 2 is about communicating through stupid inferior S that we actually don't mean everything we just said. It s just about wrapping some idea into F friendly material.

·
Registered
144 Posts
@WikiRevolution One of the best advice I can give is simply drop any sort of ego for the day and spend your time figuring out exactly what makes people tic. You'll just feel if there's a connection with that person and get to know what inspires the person... Then use Ne Fe to paint beautiful pictures with words in people's minds. Just remember for that day, it is all about the other person.

Then repeat if you've found someone worth using the Fe on!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
F friendly is always much appreciated :kitteh:

For me, an ENTP doesn't have to focus too much on specific wording. You guys are hilarious and charming. Being teased by an ENTP is lots of fun, provided it doesn't go too far. Can you use your Fe to read the INFJ? A lot of INFJs will sort of tense up or mentally pull back if they are uncomfortable.

·
Registered
798 Posts
One of the best advice I can give is simply drop any sort of ego for the day and spend your time figuring out exactly what makes people tic.
I second this. It's how I first started developing my Fe after realizing how much other people have to offer me. Take a day to observe and absorb instead of create. If it helps, think of people and their behaviours as puzzles.

My Fe is just not as powerful and conscious as INFJ's Fe...
I'm not exactly sure how Fe manifests in FJs, other than the whole being able to read people naturally bit. Is that what you mean?

I think you can compensate adequately for that by making it a more intellectual exercise. I've heard of a lot of TPs (and even more TJs, which I suppose makes sense) studying body language and micro-expressions. I personally don't, because I think I can read people and social situations well enough now that I rarely grossly misstep; I don't fret over minor mistakes so much since those are always going to happen (and sometimes it's funny to other people). I started out a complete derp at anything social, but I've gotten much better at it over the years. Part of it is Fe maturing, yes, but I think Ti is still the main player. Ti builds systems and theories and gradually perfects them over time, and those can also extend into the social sphere. How I'm able to read people somewhat decently now was like 30% trial and error and 70% observation/rationalization (largely by examining my own behavioural and thought patterns and comparing them to others', and for what I don't experience myself, observing others and extrapolating from what they say and do). I make up for what I can't read (which is still a lot) by being straightforward and asking people if they are okay with something beforehand if I think it could be a problem, which has worked wonderfully for me so far.

Honestly, I think being forthright and sincere is more important to an ENTP than being able to read people. Straightforward is our natural communication style; put it to good use. People are naturally attracted to honesty and openness, and I think many would be more willing to be honest and open with you in return. I have had several people, including many FJs, praise me for that and work to improve themselves in this regard. Yes, there is some degree of tactfulness involved and it helps immensely to be able to know when not to criticize, but let that be something you tackle later. Even if you suck at the execution, most people will at least appreciate your honesty.

... so I d rather not go in a Fe all in against an INFJ. I think I could get hurt :/
Mature Fe in ENTPs is gorgeous, but it's also never going to be able to rival an FJ's Fe. It doesn't need to, and you don't need to be afraid of their Fe. I can't match up to my FJ friends in this regard, but I get along wonderfully with them regardless. They have stronger Fe, but you have stronger Ti. Not to mention Ne! :tongue: TPs and FJs have a lot to learn from each other, since they share (Judging) functions but in opposite order of preference. So think of it as a learning experience.

Also, I have a hard time imagining how (IN)FJs could hurt you with their Fe. ??? Not that Fe can't be nasty, but...

·
Registered
25,972 Posts
How adverse are you to the idea of showing up somewhere publicly with an oversized or tailored to fit trench coat wearing only provocative undergarments underneath while having the same smirk you mentioned from your example?

Reactions: TimeWillTell

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How adverse are you to the idea of showing up somewhere publicly with an oversized or tailored to fit trench coat wearing only provocative undergarments underneath while having the same smirk you mentioned from your example?
Really hard to imagine! Wow!!!!

But I m curious about your take on it :D

·
Registered
25,972 Posts
Really hard to imagine! Wow!!!!
Are you sure about your ENTP?

But I m curious about your take on it :D
Well I can't say if you'll invoke others - or properly express your(especially without the smirk) - Fe, but it certainly makes life easier not having to put much thought into what you're going to wear out for a night on the town.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
My Fe is just not as powerful and conscious as INFJ's Fe, so I d rather not go in a Fe all in against an INFJ. I think I could get hurt :/
Pussy :p
-Ob.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Hi beloved individuals from a very lovely type!

I would love if you guys could teach us ENTPs to be creative with our Fe.

For now I feel like it s just a function I need to expand my conscious control over.

1 hug per thank :D
Awh, way to integrate to type 2 ^_^ Good for you, wikirev

Well, though I have to say the process is somewhat unconscious for me, I will try to explain it.

Basically, I think about the person, the whole person and every little thing about them that makes them special, special to me.
They make me so happy and they're such a beautiful person -- I have to show it in the physical world. Dat Ni, Judging prefering ;)

Then I will center in on a happy memory, a time they meaningfully glanced at something, a time they enjoyed. And then I take all those little nuggets of info about the person and try to think what would logically please this person?

I also try to consider love languages. It's best to make people feel loved and appreciated on their own terms after all!

I'm medded out on sleep aids... so if this makes no sense, that's why. Haha, I feel such a buzz ^_^

Anywho. There are just so many outlets for love and as you go, you see little things that make you think of another person and how it fits with what you know of them - the little nuggets I told you about. The investigative stuff >:)

They call it being "thoughtful" because it's just that - being mindful of others and getting used to having them in your thoughts.
If you just start with that, you'll be on a golden path my friend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts