Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good ISFP friend just moved into my apartment complex. I haven't really been around him much for 2 years since he went to some art college in another city, but now that he's here, he's around me pretty frequently now.

Well, he's starting to annoy me already, because now he's constantly asking how I'm always able to think of comebacks and make people laugh. Since he's all of a sudden concerned about his repartee, I was like "Ok Artiste, what girl are you trying to pick up?"

But he just says that this issue had been "eating at him for a while", and continues to beg for my secrets.

I don't even see myself as "witty" or "funny", I just act like my insane self, and I love it. Hilarity is only a side effect. Whatever I am, I was just born this way. I told him all that, and he won't accept it. He really thinks I'm "holding out" on him. I'm not. Though he's a really nice guy, he doesn't need to change.

Since ENTPs are known to be the masters of wit & humor though, I thought I'd get your input. Is there some kind of training regimen that I can get him on? :crazy: Maybe you guys can better articulate what gives your tongue le zing. If you can, FANTASTIC. This is a royal opportunity to make $$$ off his desperation.

·
Registered
722 Posts
A good ISFP friend just moved into my apartment complex. I haven't really been around him much for 2 years since he went to some art college in another city, but now that he's here, he's around me pretty frequently now.

Well, he's starting to annoy me already, because now he's constantly asking how I'm always able to think of comebacks and make people laugh. Since he's all of a sudden concerned about his repartee, I was like "Ok Artiste, what girl are you trying to pick up?"

But he just says that this issue had been "eating at him for a while", and continues to beg for my secrets.

I don't even see myself as "witty" or "funny", I just act like my insane self, and I love it. Hilarity is only a side effect. Whatever I am, I was just born this way. I told him all that, and he won't accept it. He really thinks I'm "holding out" on him. I'm not. Though he's a really nice guy, he doesn't need to change.

Since ENTPs are known to be the masters of wit & humor though, I thought I'd get your input. Is there some kind of training regimen that I can get him on? :crazy: Maybe you guys can better articulate what gives your tongue le zing. If you can, FANTASTIC. This is a royal opportunity to make $$$ off his desperation.
Much like intelligence, I don't think it can be taught. Perhaps you can show him how to perfect the positive qualities that already exist in him?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have solved your problem:

I have, very recently, had an issue quite similar to this. I have this dog. He is really lazy and lacks a rich sense of humor and jutt plain fails to make me laugh. I've expressed my concern at his inability to entertain me, so I decided to enroll him in my course: Good Doggy; Make People Laugh 104.

Step one- Peanut Butter. That is all. Peanut Butter is always funny no matter how it is utilized.

Step two- Place animal in species-innapropriate clothing. The more colorful the better (as long as it's not from the 'sexy drawer'... no inter-speciecies naughty touching allowed)

Step three- Get dog inebriated. (or high, depending on what type of mind-altering substance you can steal from the homeless guy down the street when he's too busy painting his box (the cardboard kind, geesh))

Step four- Enter cat.

SUCCESS. My dog proved to be swimmingly hilarious when these steps were followed religiously. Thank you me. I would put money on the fact that applied to your friend, my four step process would succeed in making someone laugh.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have solved your problem:

I have, very recently, had an issue quite similar to this. I have this dog. He is really lazy and lacks a rich sense of humor and jutt plain fails to make me laugh. I've expressed my concern at his inability to entertain me, so I decided to enroll him in my course: Good Doggy; Make People Laugh 104.

Step one- Peanut Butter. That is all. Peanut Butter is always funny no matter how it is utilized.

Step two- Place animal in species-innapropriate clothing. The more colorful the better (as long as it's not from the 'sexy drawer'... no inter-speciecies naughty touching allowed)

Step three- Get dog inebriated. (or high, depending on what type of mind-altering substance you can steal from the homeless guy down the street when he's too busy painting his box (the cardboard kind, geesh))

Step four- Enter cat.

SUCCESS. My dog proved to be swimmingly hilarious when these steps were followed religiously. Thank you me. I would put money on the fact that applied to your friend, my four step process would succeed in making someone laugh.
Peanut butter? Sounds great!! Can you lend me that spoon? Looks like you don't have much use for it.

Ah, and actually he already wear species inappropriate clothing.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Your dog is eventually going to whiz in that drawer and blame it on the cat...you know this, right?
Are you really warning me that my dog is going to piss on my lingerie and blame it on my pussy? I'll have to remember that next time: "no, it was my dog, promise". Yea, that'll go over well.

·
Registered
ENTP
359 Posts
Are you really warning me that my dog is going to piss on my lingerie and blame it on my pussy? I'll have to remember that next time: "no, it was my dog, promise". Yea, that'll go over well.
Just tell him to smell the peanut butter on the inebriated dog's lips, point at the pussy and let him use his powers of deduction. A test, if you will.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Just tell him to smell the peanut butter on the inebriated dog's lips, point at the pussy and let him use his powers of deduction. A test, if you will.
*Bows down*

Well played, Sir. Well Played.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Peanut butter is a great teaching tool. When I was young and smoking dope a friend wanted to try getting high. We went out and smoked a joint or two and went back to another friends house. When we were there, we decided to make something to eat. I started to make a peanut butter sandwich. My friend who had just smoked up for the first time, wasn't sure if he was high or what. So I pointed at my piece of bread that I was spreading peanut butter on and asked him if it was funny. He said yes and I said you're high.

To the OP, my one hint is timing. Good comedic timing helps a lot.

·
Registered
733 Posts
ISFPs enjoy our humor but don't really have any of their own. My ISFP friend will come up with some jokes but nothing that will make burst into laughter. He also says that I blow him away with the stuff I say and I'll just take something ordinary and add some bizarre and unrelated element.

People arguing when a photo was taken? Tell them they're all wrong. It came from the future.

Scroll down to the bottom of someone's facebook page and leave a comment saying you fell off their wall. Complement them on their farm development from 2 years back.

When texting/IMing say you're the playstation that they are conversing with and you're being bullied by the stereo system.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
She: "You were trying to get in my proverbial pants"
Me: "Are your pants truly proverbial? And if so, which proverb?"
She: "'What goes up must come down'"
Me: "Oh, I thought it was 'abandon hope all ye who enter' HAHAHAHAAHA"
She: "WTF? You're not getting any tonight you dick.'"
Me: "But wait. . . hon . . . I was only. . . "
She: "Just shut up before you dig yourself in deeper"
Me: "Hehehehe . . . you said 'deeper'"
She: "ARGHHHH!!"

See, you can't teach something like that. How would you even start???

·
Banned
998 Posts
Mom: You're looking for trouble
Me: The word "looking" implies that I don't know where to find it. I know exactly where to find it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
lol as an ISFP, I know what your friend is going through. There's a point in our teenage life where we need someone to just take us out and push us to do some shit that we wouldn't do. Luckily I had a whole group of friends who helped me get out of my shell since we partied so much and stuff. As for the humor, xrevolutionx is wrong, personality type doesn't matter, maybe that certain ISFP feels too weird to say what he truly wants to say. Some people got it and other's dont. I can make girls wet their pants laughing and make them smile whenever I want..., only because I don't have fear of being my true self around people anymore and I can say all the creative shit I got running through my mind.

Your thinking in the wrong way to help him, he doesn't care about you telling him anything verbally. We learn by doing, so go out and push him to talk to some random girls, or meet some new people. If he can get a little bit of confidence, you'll be surprised how much a person can change.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I actually feel kinda sorry for anyone who isn't an ENTP. ENTPs are endowed with quick wit and intelligence, leading to perfect timing in jokes, and jokes that aren't corny and actually make sense.
Being a former INFP, I'm glad my life turned around and allowed me to have to ENTP awesome glory.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually feel kinda sorry for anyone who isn't an ENTP. ENTPs are endowed with quick wit and intelligence, leading to perfect timing in jokes, and jokes that aren't corny and actually make sense.
Being a former INFP, I'm glad my life turned around and allowed me to have to ENTP awesome glory.
*applauds*

Glad to hear you have your life in control again. If you're ever tempted by a fluffy kitten or a pink lollipop, remember the first Step.

I. Admit that you are powerless over your type. Your life has become unmanageable.

That said, we're extroverts. We use the buddy system. Call me and I'll eat the lollipop for you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts