Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well do different types work within teams?

For me, I need a certain amount of freedom, but I'm good at team work. I want mutual respect and trust. When one of these things is lacking, results are compromised. When I have respect and trust, I'll see a project through from beginning to end. I like team work, because I am willing to let myself down, but I won't let other people down that are depending on me.

How is team work for other types?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm good at teamwork just let me contribute what I'm creating, thinking, etc. and don't give me many rules (or any at all) to follow. I do enjoy working with people and groups so team work does go well usually. That's how my experience is with it.

For other types, I can't say for all types but I've done group projects in school with ESFJ, ENFP, ENTP, INFP, ISFP, ENTJ, INTP, and that's all I can think of at the moment. The ENFP, ENTP, ENTJ, and INTP were far by the easiest to work with. The ISFP's and the INFP's never wanted to get work done and wanted to just copy off everyone else and (not trying to enforce the stereotypes about ISFP and INFP) but talk about music that got in touch with their feels. The ESFJ wanted to take over everything and not surprisingly would get very impatient but were good at making sure everything got done.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I hate to admit this but I am a really great assistant to the leader, or sometimes co-leader, but I hate groups where there is no strong leader or if there are like a bunch of slacker type people that just say, I hate school/this job, I don't care, I don't want to do this project, the teacher/boss is dumb, etc and I end up stepping up because I feel like someone has to do it. I'm not the best at that but I can do it. So my best role is as an assistant to the leader, someone else who is actually organizing but I am supporting them and helping brainstorm ideas etc.

I guess the way I view a team is someone is a "leader" and helps get the team thinking about the goals and what they can contribute then the other members hopefully give their two cents as to what they would like to do for their part and then it helps to have a clear understanding of what to do and what is expected.

I'm INFP, however, I think because my mom is ESTJ it drilled in me the way she handles things, so I can easily put on that business sense when it's time to get work done and often I do more than my fair share, and sometimes I've done the parts for others because I'm too nice at times.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I usually sit and watch for a little while, then contribute what I want if I have anything.

If there isn't another leader, I'll assume the leadership position, even though I'm an "introvert"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts