Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy seems like an entp to me. Some type him as an estp. I personally would say that he's an estp because he has a strong Se function.

·
Banned
141 Posts
hes neither actually hes a, LADY IN RED!!!!!!!

I see alot of websites type him as entp, he could be a extp with fairly balanced Se and Ne function

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hes neither actually hes a, LADY IN RED!!!!!!!

I see alot of websites type him as entp, he could be a extp with fairly balanced Se and Ne function
So you are learning the functions now huh? Good job Freebyrd.

EDIT: I"m loving that picture. I fell on the floor laughing when I saw it.

·
Banned
141 Posts
yep, after stalking the forum for months i finally decided to get more involved and learn more . lol, i thought that pic summed up my interests.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On second thought this guy is ENTP. I was just reading more about him. Check out these quotes.....

"As far as I can remember they were absolutely commonplace. I was a rather sickly, rather timid little boy, very fond of desultory reading and of natural history, and not excelling in any form of sport. Owing to my asthma I was not able to go to school, and I was nervous and self-conscious, so that as far as I can remember my belief is that I was rather below than above my average playmate in point of leadership; though as I had an imaginative temperament this sometimes made up for my other short-comings. Altogether, while, thanks to my father and mother, I had a very happy childhood I am inclined to look back at it with some wonder that I should have come out of it as well as I have! It was not until after I was sixteen that I began to show any prowess, or even ordinary capacity; up to that time, except making collections of natural history, reading a good deal in certain narrowly limited fields and indulging in the usual scribbling of the small boy who does not excel in sport, I cannot remember that I did anything that even lifted me up to the average."

Also

Young "Teedie", as he was nicknamed as a child (the nickname "Teddy" was from his first wife, Alice Hathaway Lee, and he later harbored an intense dislike for it due to her untimely death), was mostly home schooled by tutors and his parents. A leading biographer says: "The most obvious drawback to the home schooling Roosevelt received was uneven coverage of the various areas of human knowledge." He was solid in geography (thanks to his careful observations on all his travels) and very well read in history, strong in biology, French, and German, but deficient in mathematics, Latin and Greek. He matriculated at Harvard College in 1876. His father's death in 1878 was a tremendous blow, but Roosevelt redoubled his activities. He did well in science, philosophy and rhetoric courses but fared poorly in Latin and Greek. He studied biology with great interest and indeed was already an accomplished naturalist and published ornithologist. He had a photographic memory and developed a life-long habit of devouring books, memorizing every detail.[21] He was an eloquent conversationalist who, throughout his life, sought out the company of the smartest people. He could multitask in extraordinary fashion, dictating letters to one secretary and memoranda to another, while browsing through a new book"

This sounds like an ENTP to me. This is no ESTP

EDIT: This quote says it all

He would later recall that in the middle of Mathematics classes at Harvard, his mind would wander from his lessons to the accomplishments of the infant US Navy.[26] Reading through literature on the subject, Roosevelt found both American and British accounts heavily biased and that there had been no systematic study of the tactics employed in the war. Although a challenge for a young man with no formal military or naval education, but helped in part by his two former Confederate naval officer Bulloch uncles, he did his own research using original source materials and official US Navy records. Unlike previous American and British books that ignored quantifiable facts to push a specific agenda, Roosevelt's carefully researched book was akin to today's modern doctoral dissertations, complete with carefully researched drawings depicting individual and combined ship maneuvers, charts depicting the differences in iron throw weights of cannon shot between American and British forces, and analyses of the differences between British and American leadership down to the ship-to-ship level. It is today considered one of the first modern American historical works. Published after Roosevelt's graduation from Harvard, The Naval War of 1812 was immediately accepted by reviewers who praised the book’s scholarship and style. The newly established Naval War College adopted it for study, and the Department of the Navy ordered a copy placed in the libraries of every capital ship in the Fleet. This book would help establish Roosevelt's reputation as a serious historian.[27] Roosevelt brought out a subsequent edition including questions and answers from both scholars and critics. One modern naval historian wrote: "Roosevelt’s study of the War of 1812 influenced all subsequent scholarship on the naval aspects of the War of 1812 and continues to be reprinted. More than a classic, it remains, after 120 years, a standard study of the war

·
Banned
235 Posts
I know this thread is old but I just wanted to chime in and say yes, Teddy was absolutely an ENTP. Some say he was ESTP just because he was a complete badass, but I think that's totally unfair to ENTPs. Teddy also quit the Presidency, went across the world, got bored, changed his mind, decided his old party was not progressive enough and was not happy with the direction it was heading, so he made up a brand new party called the Bull Moose Progressive Party to sabotage the old one and he damn near got a third term with it. Total ENTP move. He also wrote dozens of books on dozens of subjects. He was an intellectual and information sponge who knew a little about everything. The fact that he loved the outdoors and took a bullet while giving a speech and what not does not make him an ESTP. Just a badass ENTP and one of my favorite Presidents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts