Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else read this book? If not and you're career/success oriented but are afraid that you may one day go astray you should totally buy this book and keep it with you! It makes me feel like I've got support and reminds me of how essential a support system is.

I wish I stayed with it better while I was a teen but at that time I was very lost on my own. My mom took my word for it when I said I had already done my homework and I was already dressing myself by the 5th grade. This wasnt good at all. Now I feel like my development isnt complete because I didnt have her to work with all those years and she was super smart. For a brief time, while I was little, I feel like she was stirring me in the right direction but as time went on she lost a hand for me. :[

If you're still a teen, please work with your parents on homework. XD I know thats awful of me but I believe its so important to listen to the people you have around while you're still "IN" and considered young and powerful, because you are!

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
If you're still a teen, please work with your parents on homework. XD I know thats awful of me but I believe its so important to listen to the people you have around while you're still "IN" and considered young and powerful, because you are!
Yeah, last I did homework with my parents my grades were horrid and it wasn't until I was in grade 7 and I began going it on my own when my grades improved, so I would prefer not too.

Also, if it took you until fifth grade to learn how to dress yourself, then I think your problem here underlines a strong dependency with others, not a need for a strong support system. Your whole post is mainly based off emotional regret, but for most teens I have a good assumption(or at least where I live in particular) that your story is not really the case for them(considering how they usually talk about their parents and by how close most of them are to their family). Most already have strong support systems from family, but they also have independence too.

Reactions: Lady of Clockwork
1 - 2 of 2 Posts