Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm becoming increasingly bored with you peoploids keeping to your personality cliques.
This forum is designed to touch base with people like yourself, but an audience full of mirrors tends to put me in a funk.
(disco ball...get it?....I'm here all week..)
Tell me about you, you interesting little abstract thing, you.
I don't have any criteria lined up.
Tell me what you do for a living,or what your sister stole from you in fifth grade that dramatically affected all your close relationships, when you lost your virginity,or what songs immediately change your mood, what you thought when you first learned about slavery,whats your astrological sunsign is, where you went on vaction on spring break, your first words, your last text message, what you thought when you realized you didn't actually "grow" on your birthday (I was four and it was a shock for me..), what pisses you off,a quote or philosophy that changed your life, what's your cats name and why,a stupid memory that never fails to make you laugh, something you collect, something you can't stand, a secret,something nefarious that you're only able to share behind the pseudonym you've created here,something interesting you JUST HAVE TO SHARE that you've been enlightened with recently, hell-lie to me if that's what you want.
I just want to hear things, all kinds of things, anythings.
Tell me something that made or makes you..you.
Break the damn mold around here, Holy Jesus.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
When I was 8, I had just moved to a new school and didn't really have any friends. I mentioned this to a girl a few years older than me, and she said that I should go onto the football field and ask somebody on there to be my friend. So, I walked confidently up to one of the guys on there, and asked "Can I be your friend?" Unsurprisingly, he burst out laughing and so did all of his friends. I had no idea he'd react like that, I didn't really have many social skills at the time. I turned around and saw the girl from earlier laughing too, with her friends pointing at me.

Ever since then, I've found it really difficult to approach anybody I don't know. I'm terrified of their reactions. All because of one little practical joke that somebody played on me. I'm not angry at them, though, they had no idea it'd have this effect either. It's very strange how something so little can do so much.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was 8, I had just moved to a new school and didn't really have any friends. I mentioned this to a girl a few years older than me, and she said that I should go onto the football field and ask somebody on there to be my friend. So, I walked confidently up to one of the guys on there, and asked "Can I be your friend?" Unsurprisingly, he burst out laughing and so did all of his friends. I had no idea he'd react like that, I didn't really have many social skills at the time. I turned around and saw the girl from earlier laughing too, with her friends pointing at me.

Ever since then, I've found it really difficult to approach anybody I don't know. I'm terrified of their reactions. All because of one little practical joke that somebody played on me. I'm not angry at them, though, they had no idea it'd have this effect either. It's very strange how something so little can do so much.
I'd be honored to be your friend, as cheesy as that sounds via the interweb. Social standards are penned down lies, any way. There shouldn't be a set of formalities attached to connecting with someone and anyone who believes otherwise is hopelessly looped in a system they're going to come to harsh terms with sooner or later. I'll bet I could learn a lot from you, I can tell just by the emotion your writing radiates. I know a thing or two about anti-social and a little about classmate's ignorant cruelty, so if you're ever lonely let a fellow pen-name know. Thank you for your honesty, it means a lot even from a desk.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I'd be honored to be your friend, as cheesy as that sounds via the interweb. Social standards are penned down lies, any way. There shouldn't be a set of formalities attached to connecting with someone and anyone who believes otherwise is hopelessly looped in a system they're going to come to harsh terms with sooner or later. I'll bet I could learn a lot from you, I can tell just by the emotion your writing radiates. I know a thing or two about anti-social and a little about classmate's ignorant cruelty, so if you're ever lonely let a fellow pen-name know. Thank you for your honesty, it means a lot even from a desk.
Wow, was my writing really that emotional? I never realised, nor did I intend for it to be. To be honest that's actually a really nice compliment! I guess, haha.
Gotcha with the social standards stuff. I think social standards have had a profound effect on a lot of people's lives, they usually do more harm than they do good.
Thanks for your reply though, I wasn't expecting such a positive response from anybody!

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wasn't expecting anyone to actually be genuine, so I guess we're both just full of surprises. The way you weave the words together hints at emotional but doesn't over do it. It's refreshing and I'll give praise where it's due. You're very very welcome. Maybe more people will take the initiative to think beyond the boxes America's shrouded us in; until then, parents will continue to raise asshole children in front of a television and be oblivious to the monsters they've created. I'm moving to damn Ireland or something.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm drinking a slurpee right now.

I'm EMT certified. Everywhere I go, I look around for opportunities to swoop in and use my emergency superpowers so everyone thinks I'm cool.

Sci-fi is my preferred genre of entertainment. Stargate, Star Wars, and Doctor Who are where it's at.

I'm working toward becoming a paramedic and/or firefighter as a career.

I'm the most introverted person I know. Nobody believes me when I tell them I'd be just fine living by myself and seeing my friends just once every week or two.

I like pretty much any genre of music as long as it's well put-together, but I adore metal and orchestral music.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I'm a proud big sister to the two cutest, smartest and loving rabbits in the world. Not many people understand this or accept that they are PEOPLE too (heck, it took my own human family ages before they start to accept it).

People don't seem to have trouble recognizing adoptive families if it involves only human beings but for some reason they can't get their head around this concept when it comes to rabbits.

·
Banned
493 Posts
I'll tell you funny/weird things that happened to me this week, along with random stuff.

1) I currently started sitting next to this guy in my class because he reminds me of a good friend of mine. Yesterday, he started acting weird during lecture sayings things like, "I LIKE POTATOES... ET... PHONE HOME!" I was scared. This guy was not my friend...

2) Today this girl asks me if she could borrow a cellphone charger from me... I tell her okay and she follows me to my lab station and I am digging through my laptop bag and I pull out a thong of mine. Woops, totally forgot that was there. I apologized for my 'craziness' and she goes, "Huh? I don't get it..." I exhaled thinking, "Gawd, that would have be-," and then she gets it, "OH!!! Omg... I GET IT!" Sigh.

3) I manipulated lab results today so I could get home early. My graph looks awesome but when you do the math... it's questionable.

4) I love olives. I eat them like candy.
5) I'm fiery.

6) I suck at the whole 'about me.' So I wrote random stuff.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I wasn't expecting anyone to actually be genuine, so I guess we're both just full of surprises. The way you weave the words together hints at emotional but doesn't over do it. It's refreshing and I'll give praise where it's due. You're very very welcome. Maybe more people will take the initiative to think beyond the boxes America's shrouded us in; until then, parents will continue to raise asshole children in front of a television and be oblivious to the monsters they've created. I'm moving to damn Ireland or something.
I think this has been a good thread in the sense of allowing something resembling a free form of expression with very little idea of where the discussion is supposed to go.

It's surprisingly hard to come up with away of doing it. I actually took a couple of minutes before I decided to come up with a comment like that when there's nothing before it, and thought it'd be a shame if it otherwise languished, because you obviously had something in mind, which on some level, seemed pretty interesting.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think this has been a good thread in the sense of allowing something resembling a free form of expression with very little idea of where the discussion is supposed to go.

It's surprisingly hard to come up with away of doing it. I actually took a couple of minutes before I decided to come up with a comment like that when there's nothing before it, and thought it'd be a shame if it otherwise languished, because you obviously had something in mind, which on some level, seemed pretty interesting.
Ambiguity seriously just caught my ring finger and I'm running away forever with him. I just want everyone to think bigger, a lot bigger. Not about any subject in particular, this was an expansion excersise that didn't catch on too hot. I gave it a shot. I love hearing the weird and mangled things people would say if they weren't so cloaked in the social standards.
Everything's interesting, and I want to see a piece of all of it. I'll start here...and admittedly tank a little.
Thank you very much :). ((Your signature made me laugh, thank you for that too.))

·
Registered
92 Posts
i am sitting here amongst kids laughing, and chasing each other. husband playing some kind of war game...dinner cooking...dog barking...neighbors car honking...oh! someone knocking at the door! pure craziness here....life! My days are so busy, i hardly have a moment to myself. My nights are interupted with cries. I start the day sleep deprived, and feel like i can barely make it thru the day. People pulling me in different directions constantly, needing me for every little thing. All I want is a moment to myself. But I know...someday...everyone will grow up, and move out, and have their own lives. And I will have all the time in the world to spend on myself. And all I am going to want is for everyone to be back, laughing, fighting, crying, and living crowded under one roof again.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well I'm not good at putting something very orderly together.
So right now I'm listening to Whispering from Spring Awakening, a play I love! And next on shuffle is Once Upon a December in Icelandic, a beautiful language and one I plan to teach myself once I get through French, Japanese, Tagalog, and Korean...then someday I'll get to Italian and Finnish...I want to do something with languages when I grow up, but I recently decided I want to be a literary agent. I also want to be an actress and a writer (I'm currently attempting to get a book published, but I put one aside to write a psychological YA novel.
Anything else that's more random?
I wish my life was a Disney movie and I wish I was best friends with everyone! (that isn't dangerous or crazy-weird--I'm a good judge, so I know).
My favorite animals are ocelots and dolphins.
I want to meet David Gallagher so badly! I should probably see more of his acting, I just liked him from his interviews and Riku from Kingdom Hearts, who is one of my favorite characters of all time.
My tied favorite guy character is Zack Fair from Crisis Core and I was in mourning for like a week when he died.
My favorite girl characters of all time is Diana Ladris from the Gone series by Michael Grant.

Ok I'm done!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts