Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you dont mind. :kitteh:

I know 7 s are supposed to be a crazy, hyperactive bunch. I type as 7 however I'd never describe myself like that. There is this though I sometimes tell people what I have done and some actually get like "woah" and I'm like :perc2: for a moment but in reality Im :rolleyes:

So what you have done so far ? Crazy parties ? Travelling around the world ? Vacations with friends ? Throwing eggs to peolkes houses and running from police :laughing: what u got ?

This is also meant to be a check-list for me.

:tongue::kitteh:

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Fuck dude, where to begin.

I could write a novel.

But one of the crazier things I've done is when my buddy called me one morning and asked me if I wanted to ride along in his Cessna 152 two seater airplane. It has dual controls. I had some pretty potent psychedelic mushrooms on hand, so I ate them all and met him at the airfield.

Needless to say, it was AWESOME.

I got to fly the plane while tripping my balls off. Plus my buddy would do some cool tricks, nothing too fancy but like, go vertical then stall the engine and we'd freefall for a bit. And just flying around my city at a pretty low altitude. Prolly ranks in the top 20 most intense experiences of my life.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
My last post was a joke. Obviously I always drunk cry, duh.

Fuck dude, where to begin.

I could write a novel.

But one of the crazier things I've done is when my buddy called me one morning and asked me if I wanted to ride along in his Cessna 152 two seater airplane. It has dual controls. I had some pretty potent psychedelic mushrooms on hand, so I ate them all and met him at the airfield.

Needless to say, it was AWESOME.

I got to fly the plane while tripping my balls off. Plus my buddy would do some cool tricks, nothing too fancy but like, go vertical then stall the engine and we'd freefall for a bit. And just flying around my city at a pretty low altitude. Prolly ranks in the top 20 most intense experiences of my life.
There is no way anyone can top this. If this ranks in the top 20 most intense experiences of your life, I want to hear the other 19.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
My last post was a joke. Obviously I always drunk cry, duh.

There is no way anyone can top this. If this ranks in the top 20 most intense experiences of your life, I want to hear the other 19.

Ha, yeah maybe on here. I don't discount some of my wild adventures, but I've also run in social circles with some military people and LEOs so I'm always thinkin' they would probably "win." ha, maybe I'll tell some more stories, but just for comparison, I'll never forget the first time I encountered a marine just back from a tour in Iraq/Afghanistan(?) when I was a drunk and high teenager on a beach during spring break, and him telling us, like he was talking about how to use a doorknob, about getting shot at a lot, could hear bullets by his ear, because he was a gunner on a Humvee.

Plus I know TWO guys that got shot in the ass in Iraq, one guy that lost his leg NOT on his tour as an army grunt (where he was shot at all the time) but back home, some dumbass teenager T-baring him with his truck while he was on his motorcycle. I met this gentleman in an advanced Scuba Diving class, he had his line "...and in case you're wondering, no I don't swim in circles" ha, I bet he says that a lot, but still funny he had a good attitude, and the instructor of the class (more on him in a second) was cracking jokes about how he kind of had to swim like a dolphin.

I've had a lot of Scuba instructors and heard many true tales from divers, one involving a moray eel (one of the creepiest fuckers in the ocean)

biting the arm of one of my best friends, him having to get stitched up (they can be aggressive). I actually came face to face with a "giant" moray without realizing it, as its 10 foot body was tucked away inside the coral, snorkeling off the coast of Maui. I almost had a heart attack, haha, close to the time I almost stepped on a rattle snake, thank god for that rattle or I swear to god, my foot would have landed within striking distance. Similar to the time I literally ran over (unavoidable, no time to stop) a Naja Atra, or Taiwanese cobra with my scooter on a narrow paved road winding along the subtropical grasslands off the eastern coast of Taiwan. "if confronted will raise its forebody and spread its hood and strike readily if necessary." And that's exactly what it did. It came out of nowhere, 10 feet in front of me (must have heard my scooter). Statistically, 15% fatality rate if bitten. My knees practically shot up to my chin and ran right over it. I stopped after a safe distance and looked back to see it slither back into the grass. It may have died later, which is too bad.

Back to my instructor. Green Beret, Army special forces and a commander of a specialized 2nd battalion scuba team. I asked him why he he would need to dive using regular air if Nitrox (the special mixture used by most recreational divers) was so awesome. It took some prying, but his response was, "well ya know, when you have to go to extreme and ugly depths around 400-500 feet [fucking DEEP] to do ugly things, and come up out of the water to kill 10-20 ugly kinds of people....."

ha, he was intense.

Actually here's a somewhat boring underwater scuba video, but he's in there, I'm barely visible to the right of the guy (more on him) holding the camera. We were waiting for him to finish up with the noob class.

That was around a month ago, hopefully I'll have some cooler videos using my own GoPro soon.

But the guy with the camera, my scuba buddy, may have been a 7w8. Here's a youtube viral video where he's got the same camera on his forehead while the inexperienced dumbass falls around 30 feet from a jagged rock while trying to free climb (you can skip to around 1:30):

But damn, I'm just getting warmed up, and haven't really talked about more of my own adventures. So many.

Reactions: Kisshoten

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
We tried to get another thread like this going a while ago, but it fizzled out rather quickly.

A lot of the time with me, I don't consider things to be all that adventurous. But when I tell other people about them, they think they're crazy or cool. All about perspective I guess. My adventures are mostly in the travel category, but there's some thrill-seeking mixed in there too.

I've travelled to about 60-ish countries on 6 different continents (only continent left is Antarctica!). My biggest trip was an 8-9 month journey from the UK to Australia via the Middle East, Africa, India and SE Asia.

I've done bungee jumping, parasailing, white water rafting. I used to be big into rock climbing and abseiling, but haven't done either in years. Still need to try skydiving. I've piloted a glider, I'm in the process of getting my private pilot's license for fixed wing flight. I eventually want to get my chopper license too. I've SCUBA dived with sharks, rays, and sea turtles (planning on diving with giant devil rays, makos and blue sharks later this year). I've kayaked with humpback whales and dolphins. I've body-surfed with dolphins. I crashed a motorbike into a store in Thailand. I've ridden elephants, I've ridden an ostrich...

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the gist of it by now.

:ninja:

and haven't really talked about more of my own adventures.
So really, what you're telling us is that you're kinda boring, but your friends are cool :tongue:

·
Registered
ENTP
3,276 Posts
I met a girl at a gig who was the vocalist of a rock band performing that day. I met the other members and everyone was really cool. I followed them on their tour for a couple weeks. It was crazy but awesome. =)

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
We tried to get another thread like this going a while ago, but it fizzled out rather quickly.

A lot of the time with me, I don't consider things to be all that adventurous. But when I tell other people about them, they think they're crazy or cool. All about perspective I guess. My adventures are mostly in the travel category, but there's some thrill-seeking mixed in there too.

I've travelled to about 60-ish countries on 6 different continents (only continent left is Antarctica!). My biggest trip was an 8-9 month journey from the UK to Australia via the Middle East, Africa, India and SE Asia.

I've done bungee jumping, parasailing, white water rafting. I used to be big into rock climbing and abseiling, but haven't done either in years. Still need to try skydiving. I've piloted a glider, I'm in the process of getting my private pilot's license for fixed wing flight. I eventually want to get my chopper license too. I've SCUBA dived with sharks, rays, and sea turtles (planning on diving with giant devil rays, makos and blue sharks later this year). I've kayaked with humpback whales and dolphins. I've body-surfed with dolphins. I crashed a motorbike into a store in Thailand. I've ridden elephants, I've ridden an ostrich...

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the gist of it by now.

:ninja:

So really, what you're telling us is that you're kinda boring, but your friends are cool :tongue:

Pretty much! :D

Sounds like you got me beat! I do have some tales, but it always seems weird telling them. Often, I talk about stuff that is normal to me, and people's jaws drop, then I'm like, oh, yeah I guess that was pretty neat. And yah, ha, I've hung out with special forces guys, cagefighters, cops, SWAT guys, Ski Patrol EMTs, Commandos, like uh, damn, ego check.

Scuba with sharks, that's so awesome. I snorkeled with some in belize and wanted to go to Green Island to see the Hammerheads, like HUNDREDS of 'em, but had to come back to the states. I'd totally do it. Not great whites though, fuuuuuuuuck that.

I'll give a run down lata, but for now, hmmm, my travelling buddy in India wanted to ride scooters into Pondicherry where everyone drives on opposite sides and the traffic is PSYCHOTIC. I was like, uh, not sure that's a good idea, but he was all hippied out and was like, "I'll just send good prana out!" Well he apparently didn't send enough cuz as he was making a right hand turn without signaling, and a large motorcycle crashed into his little scooter from behind and everyone was ok, but the indian dude that didn't speak english (rightfully) wanted rupees and about 50 people were gathered around and my buddy was like "just drive!" and I was gonna, but the indian homeboy grabbed my keys on this long stretchy cord and it kept going until it snapped, and he got the key.

so we had to pay him.

Then there was another cobra, about 4 different kinds of scorpions in my bathroom, fireants took over my fucking hammock, and we thought we were going to get mobbed by another growing mob of indians once we pulled out a fat stack of rupees to buy some shitty souvenirs.

Then there was training with cagefighters for a few years and almost getting knocked out about 4 times, once in a cage, and losing the use of my leg for a week from a Muay Thai kick, by a huge bald white dude/kickboxer with lots of tattoos.

I'll be back!

·
Registered
6,186 Posts

Reactions: QuiteCharmed

·
Registered
421 Posts
ok here's some cools adventures :perc2:

Once when I was tubing the boat driver accelerated to 60 mph, I hit a big wave and the tube flew as high as it could possibly go and my legs flew over my head and I nearly flipped off of it. I was able to hang on though and then I crashed back down and it was epic

I've toiled papered some houses before, that's prets fun :p

I've gone off roading on a four wheeler in the mountains and it was really intense at times because we were on the edge of a cliff

My first time skiing a blue slope I nearly hit a tree XD

I've been mistaken for being high or drunk even when I wasn't

I enjoy banana boats, jet skiing, rock climbing, zip lining, ropes course, horseback riding, off road jeeping, water rafting, hiking, stand up paddle boarding, canoeing, etc, etc

I also need try bungee jumping soon
hopefully at the Roral gorge bridge in Colorado

but yeah I'm an adrenaline junkie

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Throwing rocks through windows, climbin on rooftops (and then doin some parkour back then, good times), takin a snowboard for a ludge (as in sittin between the 2 fixations) and goin down the entire track like that (insane, and hilarious since I had to like completely recover myself of snow to be able to slow down XD), rafting, canyoning, Via Ferrata at the highest point in france, mountin a runnin horse, ridin waves in the sea while the black flag was risen (fun but very dangerous I won't do that again), sailing / sand yachting with pretty crazy wind intensity, etc etc

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
I actually hate to take drugs but I dont mind drinkin if I can avoid to puke or something. Never went to that point, thank god.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
I used to ride snowmobiles. 160 horsepower plus 40 or so on the squeeze.

I'd go climb an avalanche chute and have it let go behind me on the ride down. Going down a mountain one night I realized the snow around me wasn't moving, but the stars were rotating in the sky. Pulled the pin on teh throttle and beat it down the hill.

I've hill climbed cars. raced circle track. had 3 somes with 2 ladies. had county commissioners call me an asshole cuz I caught them stealing money from accounts and asked them to stop. Had a sheriff kick me out the county. ran a county wide search and rescue unit.

Caught an 11 foot sturgeon. built cars. made ethanol.

Reactions: Kisshoten

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
aww damn... I feel so fucking jealous. I haven't done any crazy shit yet...and I ain't gettin any younger.

:(((

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,115 Posts
aww damn... I feel so fucking jealous. I haven't done any crazy shit yet...and I ain't gettin any younger.

:(((
Once I used Salsa Brava sauce on my chicken burger instead of just Mayo. I was feeling super daring that day ;)

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Once I used Salsa Brava sauce on my chicken burger instead of just Mayo. I was feeling super daring that day ;)
This one time I was almost discovered smoking weed with a friend by his mom. She even said she smelled smoke. And we accidentally had a fire in the dustbin so that kinda made things worse. That's about the closest I've been to feeling a rush of adrenaline. It was probably the weed though coz we were already high.

This one time I had a long conversation with a co-passenger when I was travelling home. We didn't even ask for each others names or anything, but we exchanged movies and TV shows.

I've giggled hysterically while riding my scooter in high traffic while high, with a friend on the pillion seat. Almost lost control a couple times.

:crying:

None of these can be considered crazy things. Oh woe is me.

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,115 Posts
This one time I was almost discovered smoking weed with a friend by his mom. She even said she smelled smoke. And we accidentally had a fire in the dustbin so that kinda made things worse. That's about the closest I've been to feeling a rush of adrenaline. It was probably the weed though coz we were already high.

This one time I had a long conversation with a co-passenger when I was travelling home. We didn't even ask for each others names or anything, but we exchanged movies and TV shows.

I've giggled hysterically while riding my scooter in high traffic while high, with a friend on the pillion seat. Almost lost control a couple times.

:crying:

None of these can be considered crazy things. Oh woe is me.
I have gotten off in class before, and almost had sex in a classroom. But we never went all the way ;)

Once I dived in the deep end of a pool, when I never knew how to swim.

Once I danced naked in my hallway.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
dub

1 - 20 of 30 Posts