Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like any single guy, I dream of a woman. Yet she is so different from the average woman that I fear she might not exist. She is a woman who is wise, kindhearted, reverent and holy, one who has saved herself for her husband. She wouldn't mind me holding her, doting on her, and inundating her with love to the point that she gets sick of it. In this modern world, is there even such a one? Am I a fool to dream of Snow White?
Perhaps it's my destiny to go the route of Vincent van Gogh, but even if so, I'd rather know the truth. If the venerable INFJ community takes me as a fool, then I shall know that I am truly screwed. But tell me honestly. Don't spare my feelings.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Yeah, like Sleeping Beauty :tongue:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Like any single guy, I dream of a woman. Yet she is so different from the average woman that I fear she might not exist. She is a woman who is wise, kindhearted, reverent and holy, one who has saved herself for her husband. She wouldn't mind me holding her, doting on her, and inundating her with love to the point that she gets sick of it. In this modern world, is there even such a one? Am I a fool to dream of Snow White?
Perhaps it's my destiny to go the route of Vincent van Gogh, but even if so, I'd rather know the truth. If the venerable INFJ community takes me as a fool, then I shall know that I am truly screwed. But tell me honestly. Don't spare my feelings.
You're not a fool. I'm sure she's out there somewhere. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I found a woman almost exactly fitting your description a little over two years ago and now she's my fiancee', so...yes! Absolutely people like this exist!

Of course, they'll end up being so much deeper and more wonderful than any written description :)

I *do* wish I could tell you where to find someone for you, but I met mine almost purely by chance and almost without trying, so...not much help there =/

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'll say that yes, to some extent you're being foolish. Perhaps it'll work out for you anyway, though.

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
Yeah - you're pretty much living in a land of fantasy. Sorry to break it to you. I suffered similar delusions a few years back, so you certainly aren't alone in your want for the perfect partner.

Fortunately, reality finally shat on my parade one too many times and I came crashing down to earth.

I say "Fortunately" because I then found someone. Someone who cares about me so deeply that I still can't believe it. We can spend hours just laying next to each other, staring into each others eyes and whispering sweet nothings. She's incredible... and I make her as happy as she makes me.

Neither of us have unblemished pasts (though she is very principled). Sometimes you just have to take a risk and make the journey.

For all you know, every step you take might be one step closer to your highest ideal - your true love.

/a happy ENFJ

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wouldn't say that you're entirely foolish, but perhaps somewhat unrealistic in your expectations. Although you may find a woman similar to that description, I would hope that you would still be able to see her as a flawed human being rather than some sort of saint. It could lead to disappointment for both of you otherwise. That said, of course there are women out there who share your values. I hope that you eventually find the person who is right for you.

·
Banned
1,096 Posts
Nope. To tell you would spoil the ending. You'll just have to find out, dear one. That is the way it works, you know.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found a woman almost exactly fitting your description a little over two years ago and now she's my fiancee', so...yes! Absolutely people like this exist!

Of course, they'll end up being so much deeper and more wonderful than any written description :)

I *do* wish I could tell you where to find someone for you, but I met mine almost purely by chance and almost without trying, so...not much help there =/
Forgive me for the understatement, but LUCKY!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dreamers have always been called fools.

But if you can't dream, you're as good as dead.
I like that. What's the point of living without something to die for?

Reactions: Holunder

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
You're not a fool... however, she may look like Mr. Ed and laugh like some strange creature that was just tickled by a space alien... Humans are interesting creatures. Idealistically I want a hot model who cooks for me on a regular, pays me money, and enjoys being rolled in honey and eaten like a buttery biscuit. I haven't found her yet but I'll keep looking (okay I found her but she's a hand model, hops around on a pogo stick for transportation, and LOOKS like a buttery biscut.) Really though... if you have high expectations you should temper them with a counterbalancing disposition. Perfection is in your eyes and I suppose if you are the spiritual type the Good One above will send down a fare angel for you to love some day. In life, I find, the more you open yourself to possibilities beyond your preconceived notions of what you desire... the more uncountable blessings you receive regardless of your disposition.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wouldn't say that you're entirely foolish, but perhaps somewhat unrealistic in your expectations. Although you may find a woman similar to that description, I would hope that you would still be able to see her as a flawed human being rather than some sort of saint. It could lead to disappointment for both of you otherwise. That said, of course there are women out there who share your values. I hope that you eventually find the person who is right for you.
This, so much this. You've only become a fool when you've lost sight of the humanity of the person. Mythologizing people is toxic for relationships, so as long as you keep in mind that everybody's flawed even if they have all of the virtues that you yearn for. Best of luck out there!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
This thread makes me wish my username were still Snow White so I could have cheekily said, "here I am!"

In all seriousness, yes - girls like that exist, and you will find one. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts