Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my list:

(1) I am quite introverted, but i don't know why I scored as ENTP on the MBTI test.
(2) I love to take risks and do things no one dared to do, courage defines who I am
(3) I love wargames and strategy games. My favorite computer games so far are Alpha Centauri (The futuristic sequel of civilization game series), Rise of Nations, Starcraft, and the Total War series
(4)I am different from other ENTPs in the sense that I am not very 7 (ennegram type). I am machieveillian and an opportunist, and I don't hesistate to crush my enemies to reach my goal. I am also quite ruthless and sadistic when I am pissed
(5)My childhood desire was to overthrow my country's government and become its ruler. I haven't given up on that dream so far.
(6)My favorite leader in history was Chairman Mao. My favorite entrepreneur was Larry Ellison.
(7) I love to hear the latest technology trends, and the latest ideas, and anything about the future. My goal is now to find out what kind ot technology will have the most exciting potential in the coming century.
(8)My current goal is to become a billionare and an entrepreneur now. I love to hear ideas about how to make money and anything business related.
(8) I am from an Asian country (guess which one it is)
(9)My favorite quote was said by larry Ellison " Its not enough I succeed, other people must fail"
(10)I have both an introverted and extroverted side to my personality. My introverted side is usally dominant. Most of the time, I like to read, sit silently and observe the world. But I am pretty reckless and risk-taking, which is an uncommon trait for introverts. I don't believe in not taking advantage of an opportunity when it drops by your pants.
(11)I suffered from OCD (Obssessive Compulsive Disorder), but its getting better as I grow olde
(12) I am a serial procrastinator, it is extremely hard for me to concentrate for a long time and get things done, but I am working on ways to motivate myself while maintaing flexibility.
(13)I love talking to people and meeting new friends, despite my introvertedness.
(14)I absolutely hate rigid people with a passion. People should keep their standards to themselves and not impose it on other people
(15)My life philosophy is summed up in the book "Tao Te Ching" by Lao Tzu
(16) I have an extreme interest in the human brain and any technology that can improve one's intelligence.
I am a futurist in these kind of matters
(17)My favorite book is "Sun Tzu the Art of War"
(18)Most of the time, i wanted to be the leader, and I don't hesistate to act out when no one takes that position, but I don't mind following if someone is good at what they do and are not over authoritan.
(19)I absolutely hate dominant personalities (especially ENTJs), who try to control everything and get everything organized. I will fight to the death to resist being controlled.
(20)Most of the time, you will find me in the library reading, studying, or sterring revolts and organizing rebellions and political rallies.

·
Registered
410 Posts
1) I get irritated by stupidity
2) I like to live out of my comfort zone
3) I don't trust anyone
4) I don't like where I am right now with my life
5) I love challenges that aren't too exerting
6) I like using fancy words to look even smarter
7) I am self-confident
8) I don't like corny stuff
9) I am basically anorectic because I don't eat almost at all
10) I'm thin, but not skinny
11) I say things that nobody else even dares to think about
12) I don't feel connected to anyone - in essence I am alone
13) I love music
14) I fear death
15) I am eighteen years old
16) I practice escapism
17) I like to deal with philosophy
18) I hope that I'm intelligent
19) I am Estonian
20) I read more mangas than books

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
1) Extraversion is based on where you draw your energy from.
IT does not make you a "people" person.

ENTP's may draw their energy from things in the internal environment.
As long as they have something to tinker with they're good.

You can "choose" to be become more people oriented, but thats a conscientious decision.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
1) Extraversion is based on where you draw your energy from.
IT does not make you a "people" person.
Agreed. That's why I consistently score as an introvert, but know I'm an extrovert.

·
Registered
722 Posts
1) This forum is the only place in existence where i've been 100 percent open and honest about my perspective and personal feelings.
2) I think that I am addicted to music
3) Currently I use my creative energy to compose music and come up with manga ideas
4) I'm undecided as to whether I have a superiority complex or if i'm just surrounded by idiots
5) I feel a disconnect from most of the people I know. I value them, but our friendships are not as deep as they could be.
6) I love the 90's and i'm connected to alot of things from my childhood. Music and other forms of entertainment was at is peak then in my mind.
7) I have cycles of depression and over the past 7 years it has slowly chipped away at everything I used to value and hold dear.
8) I wonder sometimes how I came from such scatterbrained family.
9) I am Agnostic
10) I grew up in St. Albans, New York and moved to Wilmington, Delaware just before High School started.
11) I joke all the time when i'm with my friends. No matter how depressed I am I light up when people are around me.
12) I've never really known my father and he died recently and it brought alot of closure to everything. I'm not sorry at all that he's gone.
13) After thinking I had 3 half-siblings I found out I have 7 half brothers and sisters (Thanx dad)
14) My depression tends to get in my way alot. It stifles my creativity and has set me back quite a bit.
15) I am obsessed with the MBTI and learning as much as I can about it.
16) I love animals especially dogs. I'm starting to like cats as well.
17) I think turning 21 was overrated. It took the fun out of drinking.
18) I recently have become fond of beer. Used to hate the taste of it.
19) I am addicted to technology.
20) According to iTunes the song that i've played the most is "Blood On My Hands" by The Sundays.
21) I'll say anything for shock value. I love messing with people.
22) I like improv and sketch-comedy. The new type of improv where they interact with real people is genius.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
1) I was very uptight, constrained and fearful in most of my 20's. I act younger as a 40-something than I did all those years ago.
2) My dad was 28 years older than my mom. She was his mid-life trophy wife. He lost almost everything he owned to follow the relationship with my mom.
3) I grew up isolated and was home-schooled through highschool. I barely knew how to relate to anyone my age until I went to college.
4) I am chronically depressed but hide it well. It's chemical, mainly, and occasionally I need to go back on SSRI's. My sister and mother say they can't remember a time when I wasn't depressed. It's probably genetic, though circumstances can make it worse.
5) I love riding motorcycles. Just about any kind of motorcycle, wherever.
6) I love hearing live music in bars, clubs, concerts, etc.
7) I have a 4-year old son who spends most of his time with me. His mother turned out to be emotionally-unbalanced and chemically-dependent. He's the light of my life and is really the only reason for me to not regret the relationship with his mother.
8) I have only gotten to really know myself very recently. I credit MBTI and forums like this.
9) I've been called unempathetic, but the real truth is that I am so empathetic that my feelings sometimes overwhelm me, and having two hurt and overwhelmed people instead of one is my idea of a nightmare. So I learned to control the expression of empathy so as to "be the strong one"--too much it turns out. My attempt at controlling my emotions was futile.
10) I believe in God but my notions of Him are different than those of most others. I believe organized religions are social clubs organized around symbols that point to something far above human understanding. They are also in the entertainment business. But . . to me atheists are well-intentioned people who yearn for a sort of consistency that isn't really proper to humans. I think they are more theistic than the theists in that way--thus inconsistent. ;-)
11) I spend far too much time on the 'Net. I'm probably addicted to it.
12) I've been married twice but I feel the only real relationship I've ever had has been to my current ENTP girlfriend. We've known each other 20 years but only got intimate in the last year or so. She's the one who can hold up a mirror to me and keep me from turning away to avoid what I don't want to see.
13) I think marriage is an outdated institution in the western world and have started leaning towards a relaxed, natural polyamory as the honest state of life. The people who can really pull off a dedicated monogamous lifetime marriage are now in the minority and people who try to force themselves into that mold are hurtful to themselves and others.
14) I tend to be able to do just about anything pretty well, provided I'm able to pay attention to it. I lack the drive to consider anything my life's work.
15) I've been labeled a narcissist with tendencies towards APD and anger issues. However, I took that to mean that I am actually really fucking cool. If you think about it, that makes sense.
16) There is no such thing as a free lunch.
17) I like traditional things like large sedans with leather interiors, single-malt scotch, weekends at the club, that sort of thing. At times I've felt like I should be living in about 1962 or so. This is probably a vestige of things I learned from my father.
18) I like women who look like hootchie-mama pinup girls. I've been lucky to have been with a few of them, including one who was my wife. I'll tell you that walking into a bar with a woman who stops the band from playing was a wonderful--albeit superficial--experience for me.
19) I can talk to the same people about coupon specials at Gymboree, acid flashbacks, anal sex, Catholic saints, European auto parts, and long-dead talkshow hosts and relate them all together in some way. They expect this from me.
20) I like Spanish ham.

·
Banned
998 Posts
1) I'm taller than you. Unless you're as tall as me or taller than me. But you're probably shorter. I'm 6'6.
2) I like to eat "crap". I think humans have a tendency to like what is labelled as "bad" for them. If they really want people to start eating healthy they should tell them that things like fruits and vegetables will kill you and cause cancer. I predict the farming industry to explode if they did that.
3) I hit on almost every hot girl I see. I fail a lot, but I get more girls than most guys with my method.
4) I enjoy solving problems and finding solutions. I don't like all the detail work, but I enjoy thinking of the "how".
5) I also have OCD, but I don't say I "suffer" from it, because the word "suffer" sounds negative. I am better than to think I suffer from anything. Suffer = self-pity = a weakness.
6) I like math, logic and wit.
7) I don't generally think before speaking. I also talk a lot.
8) I ask a lot of questions. This is due to me always wanting to understand the world to completion. I am incredibly good at digging for information as a result, because I've had so many questions about everything and I've had to find them.
9) I view people more as tools that can be used in a variety of ways than as emotional beings. I recognize they have emotions, but I see their emotions more as a feature that can be tinkered with (kind of like a knob on a radio) to get various results.
10) That sounded kind of cold. I think I am kind of cold on the inside, but I come across as very friendly and charming. Older women (40+), especially, really find me charming. I don't know if they see me as a sexual being or not though (as I am 21), so I'm not quite sure why they react so nicely to my charm.
11) I have a fetish for lesbians.
12) I'm an entrepreneur. I started an energy consulting company a few months ago, and it's looking like it's gonna be a success. I love what I do, and it puts my engineering education to good use. I don't plan on ever having a full-time salary job. I see the comfort from salary-based jobs as a negative thing, because when you get comfortable you slack off and essentially prevent yourself from going further in life. Or at the very least it slows you down. Right now my economic situation isn't as fantastic as I'd like it to be, but I'm working hard and am connecting with people everywhere. It will pay off, I'm certain of it.
13) I don't want to live in one place my whole life. I like moving around and meeting new people. I find people more interesting when I don't know them well. Once I get to know people well they usually bore me. What I want to do is take my business around the globe, live in hotels basically. I'd love to do that for a couple of years. The challenge is going to be to assemble a team of employees who'd like to do that as well, since most people aren't like that.
14) My social skills are excellent when meeting new people. I don't think this is completely natural though, as I do a lot of social experimenting to see how people react when I tinker with phrases, body language and voice tones. For example, I've found that if I go up to a girl all smiles they are more likely to want to get rid of me than if I were to go up to them with a neutral face. A neutral face is more sincere than a face with a big smile on it for no reason. Sincerity is much more important subconsciously than it is consciously.
15) I like myself. I think I am fascinating. Most people are pretty much the same. But not me. I don't anyone in the world like me. The closest is probably one of my good friends from university (who tested as ENTJ).
16) I honestly believe that I can do anything in the world (unless there are physical constraints such as athleticism). But I am confident that I could be a great lawyer, politician, teacher, CEO, professor, writer, actor, musician, TV host. Anything. What it comes down to is if I can see the fun in it. If it tickles me on some level then I can learn and apply the skills. All the things I listed above (except for teacher) I want to try in my life. I wish life was longer than it is.
17) Given the opportunity to die slightly younger than I should or to be the last of my friends and family to go, I would undoubtedly choose the latter. Life is far too much fun to die young. I wish we didn't have to sleep either. 33% of your life is spent sleeping. What a waste of time. Think how much more we could accomplish if we didn't have to sleep.
18) I have recently realized that I should show off my intelligence more often. I used to dumb myself down as to "fit in" with whichever group I was in. I guess I was scared of coming across as a nerd or a brainiac. But now I realize that I don't like stupid people, and they can think whatever they want of me. I show off my intelligence now, as it is one of my biggest strengths, and people tend to find it interesting.
19) People always say "If only I could go back in time and give myself advice on this". I don't want to do that. I'd much rather go back in time and meet my parents when they were my age. My dad is INTJ and doesn't tell us anything about his past. My mom is xNFJ and tells us a lot about her past, but is a great exaggerator. I want to know the truth.
20) My mind works in tangents. I love it about myself. Often times to other people I seem COMPLETELY random, but there is always a connection, I just tend to forget to verbalize the connection.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed. That's why I consistently score as an introvert, but know I'm an extrovert.
Its like yin and yang for me. I am a pretty yin person most of the time, but I have burst of yang moments.
I considered myself to be an introvert, but not as introverted as most INTPs are.
I am like an XNTP with ESTP tendencies.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
This MBTI stuff, man ... threads like this really make me think it's genius. I have so much in common with ENTPs here even though we all have different styles and everything.

Ok.

1. I'm almost obsessively willing to try anything once. If you tell me something is intimidating, taboo, challenging, I want to try it.
2. I go through so many phases, I've finally decided my phases weren't ever just a phase and I'm always going to be doing this.
3. I despise cynicism but I'm a big fan of hypocrisy.
4. I like men and I like women, I just like people, and I tend to have boundary issues with friends because I'm really comfortable being close with people without it having to "mean" anything. So I feel like I have to let others call the shots in relationships because my judgment is so off.
5. I get bored of people once I know them well or get too close. I don't like this about myself because I never have a large reserve of friends.
6. I believe in perfection, because it's subjective, and I think it's completely healthy to aim for your point of perfection. My life would be boring without that, actually.
7. I like disasters like plane crashes and head-on high-speed collisions and violence. Because it's exciting.
8. I also like horrible tragedies because I think it's interesting from a social-behavioural perspective. I'm into studying human nature.
9. I really love dogs and I can start tearing up or having a small panic attack when I learn about animal cruelty.
10. But I also make jokes about killing puppies and that sort of thing.
11. I can create comprehensive, complex analogies like for ever. I actually have to repress my instinct to turn every conversation into comparison and analogy.
12. I'm good at giving the impression I want to give regardless of my true nature. So depending on who you talk to, I'd be described as a lot of different personalities ...
13. I'm not naturally reserved, I'd like if I could just be completely open with everyone. And often I am. But I also have to think about people's reactions, so when I have to do small talk and not say what's on my mind, I'll come across distant and probably spiteful and condescending.
14. I'm really sensitive to my surroundings and atmosphere. I need a lot of natural light in a room or else I get pretty depressed. I'm partial to hardwood and other flooring brings me mild distress.
15. I'm so lazy. I have bursts of energy, and I'm really good at working despite fatigue, but I'm just so lazy.
16. To be honest, I can't do math very fast in my head. And I forget how to do it on paper. But then when I pick it up again, I'm exceptionally good at it.
17. I space out all the time. I can't watch a movie and catch all the details and dialogue because something always sets me off making associations and thinking.
18. Sometimes I get really really emo and self-pitying over how alone I am because of my differences from humanity. These episodes are rare and brief and I'm usually not in touch with my sadness at all. I can't feel it right now as I think about it.
19. I like going for walks at 3am, exploring strange places, overloading my senses like listening to music loud enough that I can't tell if it's pain or pleasure, driving too fast with the air in my face and it's difficult to breathe .. it's probably an expression of my inner sadness.
20. I like to analyse things and consider if they're expressions of my inner sadness. Like writing 20 things about myself in a forum. Why do I want to do that? I want to know my motivations for things. It's a challenge.

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 dont like doing homework
2 hate stupid people
3 love math
4 can read all day and all night without getting tired, reading takes away whatever pain or anger i have
5 bipolar
6 get very angry
7 love manipulation, have done it many times, love putting pressure on people
8 have a tendency to hurt those around me, not physical my mentaly, i usualy play mind games on people and have them around my little finger.
9 narcissistic
10 very analytical of people
11 very disconnected with things in my life get tired of people easy
12 perfectionist
13 like to be in charge, very dominant person, even in sex
14 hate talking about my feelings, and dont enjoy people talking about their feelings with me
15 respect people who challenge me, i dont like it but i respect it. I hate people who show intimidation, i admire strength in people
16 obsessed with this forum and MBTI
17 Love philosophy
18 enjoy physical pain, enjoy putting others through mental pain- only when they piss me of
19 dont trust anyone
20 would marry Dr. Philip Zimbardo

·
Registered
160 Posts
... why did this thread have way more comments than this last night?

·
Registered
722 Posts
... why did this thread have way more comments than this last night?
I just asked the moderator and he said that they had an issue and had to roll the forum back...bummer for those who actually made long posts yesterday. Thank goodness I just made one post that really didn't matter one way or another.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I just dont have the strength to rewrite mine.... I doubted posting it the first time. Privacy issues....

·
Registered
722 Posts
I just dont have the strength to rewrite mine.... I doubted posting it the first time. Privacy issues....
But you gotta post it again for your own sake...no...for the sake of mankind!!!! I mean what if it was your post that was supposed to save someone on this forum but now that we've gone back in time that person will DIE! THEY WILL DIE!!! LOL...well not really but being that you have "privacy issues" it might help you to get it out there.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
But you gotta post it again for your own sake...no...for the sake of mankind!!!! I mean what if it was your post that was supposed to save someone on this forum but now that we've gone back in time that person will DIE! THEY WILL DIE!!! LOL...well not really but being that you have "privacy issues" it might help you to get it out there.
The 8th wonder of mankind was lost then.....:)

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
What was Kirsty Alley doing on our Forums?
Although she might be visible from the moon, she doesnt qualify as a wonder. Sorry...

Reactions: Ray Mabry

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
A tip for those tugging at their hair because of losing yesterdays posts: Someone might have it through email notification. Post a request and perhaps someone has the text....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts