Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I just had more dreams last night than I usually do in a week and it was crazy o_O I wished I could've stayed asleep for longer :laughing:

Anyway, I'd like this thread to be about people's dreams, what do you dream about? Share your otherworldy experiences here :happy:

I'll kick this off by trying to remember one of my dreams LOL ok...

I was running in a green plain with short grass, the sky was blue and it was a clear day, probably around midday. I came across a hill with trees, and... dinosaurs and men popped out, there were manholes and there seemed to be an air of panic and urgency so I slid into one as a figure beckoned. I peeped outside, and then I kind of came outside again, but I was invisible O_O. I watched as an red orcish guard looking person stood looking left to right, but not behind him where I was floating, he had a green hat and had a gun of some sort. I watched as a kid stepped on something in the grass, he was further ahead probably but I couldn't see his surroundings. He put his foot down and a square on the top left of the hill opened up, revealing a sort of launch pad looking area. He did it again and then the top right opened, Two more times and the bottom left and right opened then he shouted out like yeaaaaaaaah! I then viewed the orc from the front in a double take, with my eyes swiftly moving from object to object, it was as if I was looking through a camera though o_O. An alarm sounded and then the kid had a jetpack looking object on his back. Someone shouted out "hahaha look at him run!" Then from a view like Diablo II, (lol) I saw the kid running with his body angled at 90 degrees to the front. I saw was his hands flailing out beside him and the large jetpack shaped object flashing red and a jet of flame coming out of the back.

He ran inside and now from a 1st person view I saw him enter through a mechanical door, it seemed to be like the typical elevator doors. The boy wasn't happy, he was screaming all the time as he was running through. Then I remember seeing the inside of the room he entered, the boy was gone, I don't know where he went. The room was dimly lit with only the colour of grey. It seemed like an abandoned meeting room, it wasn't at all big, maybe 7 metres by 3.5. I walked up to a real elevator this time, with two seethrough panes of glass on either side of the door. All I could see in the glass was white, it was kind of foggy so I could see nothing else. Before I reached the elevator it activated, I paused and heard it coming down. The room shook as I heard but not saw a chain snap and the elevator crash to the ground deep below. Then for some reason I was at the edge of the elevator ledge, my view was fixed at the pit below, I couldn't really see anything, just bits of grey amongst black. Then as I looked up the view changed.

Shingled rooves of buildings were everywhere. I stood still at the ledge and I could see... sunlight, but the day was ending this time. I saw an archway to my right and a building's wall to my left. Ahead of me was a large wall that I could see across, but the sun's glare prevented me from doing so. All of the buildings were tightly packed together, and they formed the boundaries of the now larger pit. It seemed that I was looking at the end of an alleyway, it was only dimly lit down there. I heard a screech and looked to my right, there was a mini t-rex rampaging through the archway I mentioned before. It walked through the archway and started stumbling on lots of the shingles, they flied everywhere. Oh yeah now on the upper edges of the alleyway to my left, right and front there were shingles of buildings, the archway and building to my left seemed to be the 2nd storey. The shingles were all angled down into the alleyway. Anyway back to the mini t-rex, he was causing quite a ruckus and fell into the alleyway on his side, then another dinosaur that I don't know the name of, (looked like a rhino with two horns though) came through and crashed below as well.

Then that dream ended.

I'd post my second one but I don't have time right now, how about you guys?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Walking through a field of flowers with crystal blue luster you feel a force driving you forward and you know it is the Wind (thought: the Wind is alive). Far in the distance you see a range of snowy mountains and a small carmine Sun on the sky behind them. You reach out as if to touch the Sun and...it squirms! The surprise almost scares you and you move back a few steps reluctant to go on (thought: home).

As soon as you've thought this the Sun jumps from the sky in front of you and curiously it doesn't change its size. It resembles a small spherical typhoon of fire. You protrude your palm and it jumps into the palm and starts moving around (thought: what is your name?). "My name is Zara".

The field becomes a rainbow.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am an avid dreamer. I've kept a dream journal for as long as I can remember, writing down my dreams when I wake up. I am also learning how to lucid dream (realize that you're dreaming in your dream and then controlling yourself and your surroundings). I've had about 12 lucid dreams so far, all of them have been awesome. I'm really fascinated by dreams. The events in my dreams are pretty random but I find that the settings stay the same: House, Maze, School, Church, Mall, Big City, Movie Theater, Wilderness, Store, Cruise Ship; those are my most frequent dream settings. Every once in a while I'll have a very vivid dream that I feel is symbolic in some way.

Here's my favorite that I still wonder what the meaning of it is:

"-(Cruise ship) I am in the ocean, swimming, it is dark and the sun is rising, the sky is orange and purple and the colors are reflecting on the water, I feel like there’s another ship that I just jumped off of behind me but I don’t look, I see a rope in the water ahead of me, it goes up into the air and is attached to a huge ship, like the Titanic, there are people/voices with me and they marvel at the size of the ship, I grab onto the rope and climb up to the bow of the ship, which is coming towards me, I finally get to the top of the rope, then I grab the ship with my left hand then my right hand, my legs are hanging free, I try to wrap them around the ship, there are some small crevices carved into the ship, and I put them in those, I rest for a few seconds, catching my breath, then I reach up with my left hand and grab a railing, I then grab it with my right hand and pull myself up, my legs are still hanging over the edge of the ship, with one last burst of strength, I pull myself completely onto the ship, then I scramble over the railing onto the bow of the ship"

When I had this dream, I was at a big transition point in my life (between high school and college) and I was thinking a lot about my future and what I wanted to acheive in college, so I think the dream had a lot to do with that.

Sorry to ramble, but I really enjoy the subject of dreams. :tongue:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well, does anyone remember that scene from Inception where Cobb (that is his name, right?) says that you dream, you "wake up" in the middle of it? Well, I fell asleep and right away I dreamt that I was in a closet with my friend, and then I got this weird sense of someone coming upstairs and I felt this IMMENSE feeling of dread; I woke up right away.

.____.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Uh, I have really vivid smoking dreams and I don't smoke cigarettes.
Oh I've had these. Ones were smoking is great and I did it all the time, ones were I just couldn't stop smoking and it was horrible and burned up my lungs. That was before I'd even tried a cigarette (I've since tried a grand total of two, I even inhaled on the second one), but I just had another one of those dreams a night or two ago.

I have dreams where people close to me die and it is largely my fault. I also have dreams where I am just in normal conversations with people I know and suddenly say something really horrible, like I had been holding it back and trying not to say it and it just slips out, and it's something so awful that I can't take it back and our relationship, whatever it may be, is ruined forever. Sometimes I just start ranting or swearing or shouting at people about little issues that annoy me a bit in real life, but are suddenly huge huge ones in the dream. I wake up feeling pretty awful. I have other sort of repeated ones too but some are kind of horrible and I don't really feel like writing about them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have two recurring dreams:

Tornados and:

I'm in the 1800's in a barn petting a horse and someone walks in behind me and I don't turn to look who it is because I already know. I can just sense it. It's this man who I don't really know and I can't see his face, is like fog where his face should be. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me up against him and hugs me close. After a few seconds he leaves because there is some kind of trouble outside but as he's leaving me he tell s me don't worry, I'll be back love. It varies slightly sometimes but this basic thing each time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My dreams are not anything I really want to share to be honest. My most recent one did pissed me off when I woke up, because I would never be such a **** in real life, it was odd. Dammit! I want some dreams about the stories I write instead of this nonsense, but the closest get to that is thinking about them when I wake up in the morning. That is only because my subconscious mind is still somewhat active at the time.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I've had this one kind theme in my dreams since grade 4. my house-almost always my basement is full of water-sometimes i'm going into the water sometimes i'm already in it-but i can't remember once where i came our of the water. in these dreams i'm like immune to drowning so it never bothers me that i'm underwater. i only just realized it's a recurring theme this year-one of the dreams like it was very vivid about someone i love being pulling away by a whirlpool or something

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't really remember my dreams :( I really want to know why.
Try keeping a dream diary. That is, immediately write down whatever bits and pieces you can remember from your dreams when you wake up. I did this for a while and while I did it I progressively remembered more and more details of my dreams, I even began to have (short) lucid moments once in a while.

Quite a lot of the dreams I jotted down in my diary are epic scale nonsense, like this one:

I'm on holiday with my best friends. We're in some sort of extremely futuristic holiday complex. In the gardens surrounding the hotel, there is a Creature Building Device (kind of like the game 'Spore') where you can design your own real living pets and buy them. You just select the body parts/organs you want, then the computer code is 'translated' into genetic code, et voilà, your own customized pet is built in about 5 seconds. I design something that looks like a giant slug with big, red muscles on the outside and a human head on its back. I'm kinda disgusted and decide to not let it get built.
When I get back to the hotel room, I discover one of my friends had secretly gone to the Creature Building Device with our dog (note: the dog is ficticious, we don't share a dog IRL o_O) to upgrade it to some weird purple monster. I sit down in the couch and pick up a newspaper. Suddenly, a pop-up window appears in front of my eyes informing me on the latest soccer news.
After this, I decide I need new glasses, so naturally I decide to go to... a pharmacy. That's right, in my dreams apparently opticians don't exist. Anyway, in the pharmacy there's a long queue, and I'm quite anxious because I'm not sure what model I want. Then I see a poster advertizing"customizable glasses" which you can plug into your computer to modifythem. When it's my turn, I point to the poster, after which the pharmacist gives me grey Harry Potter glasses with question marks on it. I pay for it and leave, only for my dream to segue into a wholly different scene.

I sometimes dream some weird-ass shit, that's for sure.
(BTW, here's a similar thread I made some time ago: http://personalitycafe.com/infp-for...am-discussion-sharing-analyzing-thread-2.html not to advertize my own threads or anything but hey, it's on topic :crazy: )

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm in the 1800's in a barn petting a horse and someone walks in behind me and I don't turn to look who it is because I already know. I can just sense it. It's this man who I don't really know and I can't see his face, is like fog where his face should be. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me up against him and hugs me close. After a few seconds he leaves because there is some kind of trouble outside but as he's leaving me he tell s me don't worry, I'll be back love. It varies slightly sometimes but this basic thing each time.
Spooky. I have a recurring dream kind of similar to yours. I'm in a dimly lit, deserted drug store looking at cosmetics when ... pretty much the same thing happens with a girl. I'm completely, entirely content until she breaks away a few seconds later. Not because of any trouble outside, but because she doesn't love me. It's simultaneously the most comforting and depressing thing in the world. I wake up melancholy again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Spooky. I have a recurring dream kind of similar to yours. I'm in a dimly lit, deserted drug store looking at cosmetics when ... pretty much the same thing happens with a girl. I'm completely, entirely content until she breaks away a few seconds later. Not because of any trouble outside, but because she doesn't love me. It's simultaneously the most comforting and depressing thing in the world. I wake up melancholy again.
Yah, the total contentment, sometimes I feel happy afterward, like that couldn't keep happening in my dream unless it was meant to be for me someday. But then after years of waiting for that sort of thing now it just depresses me when I wake-up from it. I guess this dream is just about longing isn't it. When I visited Ireland a couple of years ago an Irish woman came up to me and said "you've got the longin' on ya, haven't ya". I must of had some sort of look on my face that was pretty telling!:laughing:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a dream a few nights ago where i was trapped in some creepy, horrendously frightening world with ghosts and murderers and stuff. And I finally escaped through a door in THIS world (the... reality world) and met my friend. so we were walking back together and she suddenly turned around and said, 'you haven't actually left that world. you think it's over, but you're still trapped inside it'. and, of course, i was bloody freaked out. but we carried on walking home, and suddenly she disappeared and i started singing christian band songs because i was scared out of my mind, and i woke up :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
My dreams are almost always about love...sometimes about loss...longing...I have had about four recurring Victorian era dreams...two about love/loss two about coming into love and success...My favorite is me approaching/coming into a Victorian Ball...I can see the night...my hair and clothes...a carriage...the stairs and hear the people inside...it's very clear at times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts