Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone. Name the craziest, most wild, exciting idea you have ever had. The more out there, the better.

Example:

My most recent idea was to draw energy. What colors it would be, what it would look like.
Making an entire mini mechanical city out of cardboard and other recycled items.
Adding gears and springs to my skateboard wheels to make it self propelled and faster. Like somehow making it so that it would game more speed as I was going up hills.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Seeing that roads take up a lot of land, and get really hot in summer - we could save land and energy by having solar panels on the roads. XD But they might not be strong enough to withstand trucks and other larger vehicles.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The craziest idea I've had lately is withdrawing from dA and moving to here. And it's worked! ;D
Good for you! I'm glad it worked out.
Seeing that roads take up a lot of land, and get really hot in summer - we could save land and energy by having solar panels on the roads. XD But they might not be strong enough to withstand trucks and other larger vehicles.
Whoa, that's such a good idea. I'm sure that they could figure out a way to make them firm enough for larger vehicles to drive over, especially at the rate technology is moving.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Might as well just put them in fields and such where the problem of running them over doesn't occur. And it's not about heat, it's about solar radiation. XD

We should just put them on the tops of cars, buildings, airplanes and so on. : D

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don’t know about the thermal conductivity of asphalt, but run water pipes through the roadway and use the steam to turn a generator.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Once there was a fly infestation in my house, and I decided to remedy the problem myself. I read that flies (most insects anyways) are attracted to light, since it helps with their flight pattern so I decided at night I would turn all the lights in my house off, turn on the porch lights in my backyard, open the back door, and watch them all swarm out of the house as they buzz towards to backyard lights!!! Then I would slide the door shut to my new fly-free place.

Needless to say it didn't work (doh), so instead I grabbed a vacuum cleaner and sucked those little buggers. Nothing can escape the powerful force of atmospheric pressure, I tell you, nothing!!!!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Anything crazy/stupid that I've done recently ex. jumping off a high cliff into water twice despite being afraid of heights or sitting in the middle of the road while my friend and his friend change the tires of his car.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Once there was a fly infestation in my house, and I decided to remedy the problem myself. I read that flies (most insects anyways) are attracted to light, since it helps with their flight pattern so I decided at night I would turn all the lights in my house off, turn on the porch lights in my backyard, open the back door, and watch them all swarm out of the house as they buzz towards to backyard lights!!! Then I would slide the door shut to my new fly-free place.

Needless to say it didn't work (doh), so instead I grabbed a vacuum cleaner and sucked those little buggers. Nothing can escape the powerful force of atmospheric pressure, I tell you, nothing!!!!
That sounds like it could've backfired soooooooo bad. >.>

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
"Hm. When I'm unhappy, I'm more creative and inspired. So, maybe if I were able to somehow make myself miserable..."

[shakes head]

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
shakalaka, when I had a fruit fly infestation, one of my friends gave me a sundew plant to eat them. That actually worked, but took a little while. Also, I had to look at the poor little dead flies when the plant trapped them. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
That sounds like it could've backfired soooooooo bad. >.>
Really? Seemed like a pretty ingenious plan to me, except that the flies were stupid.

shakalaka, when I had a fruit fly infestation, one of my friends gave me a sundew plant to eat them. That actually worked, but took a little while. Also, I had to look at the poor little dead flies when the plant trapped them. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Snail, you have just reminded me how much I want a venus flytrap. If I ever have another fly problem, I'll plant those suckers all over my place. I looove carnivorous plants.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Everyone could cut down the cost of their electric lighting by 50%, if they painted the left hand side of every light bulb black.

I did think of applying for a patent for a solar powered tanning booth- you laugh, but I bet the US patents office would go for it... :wink:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
haha. That's brilliant. A solar powered tanning booth!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Here's mine. I have probably equivocated immensely and played fast and loose with the involved science, but here goes:
1. Grab a batch of programmable matter (the self-replicating sort).
2. Program it to program itself and other matter (a la Lisp and the Automated Mathematician programs).
3. Sit back, drink some cold lemonade, and watch as the universe awakens.

Go ahead, you science geeks. Tear it to shreds. :laughing:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Regional work centers. In major cities there are lots of white collar workers who live in the suburbs and commute downtown to work. This could be changed by setting up local work centers. This would be an office building with very high-speed internet and video conferencing and office space business would share. They would be located in various suburban neighborhoods so people could either walk or have a short commute to the office.

There is this mindset in major businesses that everyone needs to work in the same building, well this just isn’t true anymore, especially for technology workers. Granted it would be even easier if everyone worked from home, but that is not always feasible for lots of reasons. This way people would still have a place to go for work, but different businesses share the space and it would be close to home for everyone.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts