• Other

Votes: 6 31.6%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys ,
Since we seek mindless experiences by nature, I'm interested in knowing about ENFP's experience with drugs.. :topsy_turvy: :hampster: :brocoli:

1- what have you tried?
2- how long/often do or did u do it?
3- which is your favorite?
4- how old are you?
5- how did you try it ? (describe the setting)

*do let us know if you've never tried any at all, along with age and reason why not (eg: value system, health, awareness etc...)
*Alcohol does not count
*This is my 1st thread , be nice ;P

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
...Can I please just add one more question on to that?

5- HOW did you try it?
(Because the environment you were in at the time and the people you were with make a really big difference..)

And alcohol should totally count! xD It is a mind-altering substance..Who knows, there may even be an ENFP on PerC who's never drank it and never intends to?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
*do let us know if you've never tried any at all, along with age and reason why not (eg: value system, health, awareness etc...)
They do not appeal at all. I don't know why I would pay for drugs when I can have fun and awesome experiences without them. I'm not curious. I think it's pretty silly to waste money and risk totally fucking myself up just for fun. Totally not worth it.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
If we're talking about weed it isn't a drug, it's a herb. I smoked my first Joint around 16, at that time I didn't really enjoy it, I was mostly following the crowd. They would get high and look for a party, I would get high and want to go home and listening to music, alone. I dropped it once I started having kids and didn't miss it one bit. When I met my husband he smoked weed, I picked it up again, although it didn't become a habit, off and on kind of thing, depending on our social activities. Never in my home or in front of the kids. Once again I dropped it for quite some time, probably 5-7 years.

It wasn't until later in life I picked it up again. Things I couldn't do when high. Drive, be in a crowd of people and have to talk, work, go into public places I wasn't familiar with, talk on the phone ( about anything responsible ). I smoked it off and on, not a daily thing.

Today I still smoke weed off and on, some weeks I will smoke everyday, other weeks I can go without it. I don't crave it, I'm not addicted, I don't need it to make my way through the day. It relaxes me, it takes away anxiety and makes me really calm. I can function normal however I still choose never to drive high, I still don't like making responsible decisions high, it is for down time only.

I snorted coke for the first time in my 20's, a relative from the USA brought it down one summer. Did I like it, yeah it actually was cool high on coke, however I knew it wasn't for me in the long run, one time was enough at that time. I used it again in my 30's, It was fade for a week or so, one line every few days for a week, the done, never picked it up again or interested in using it again. In my current city women snort a lot of coke. Then don`t look like those women you see on Dr. Phil either, they are polished, work in high positions, nurses, dentist assistance, lawyers, office admins etc, I was shocked to be honest, you can`t judge a book by its cover. People who are addicted don`t generally go around talking about it, they snort and go about their day as if they are normal.

Lastly I tried Ecstasy. When raves were the at its peak everyone was doing it. I tried it and liked it. I think I may have done it for a summer, weekends only, then dropped it and never picked it back up again.

Pot is my high of choice, whether I smoke it everyday or a few times a Mnt, it will always be my high of choice. I'm not or ever will be into Alcohol ( which is a drug ). I'd rather be sitting around high at night from pot, then drunk off Alcohol. If pot was ever to become extinct, I wouldn't miss or crave it because it isn't addictive. I don't have an addictive personality when it comes to drugs, heck it takes a lot of convincing for me to pop a pill for pain, drugs hasn't and never will be an issue for me....oh and I probably should add I've never spent a dime on drugs, coke and ecstasy when I was experiencing with it was given to me everysingletime. I don`t spend money on pot either, I`m well connected .

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
1- what have you tried?
weed - regular toker
acid - maybe 5 times about 40 years ago. I never had a bad trip but decided it was more intense than I wanted.
mushrooms - about the same as acid
peyote - one time. It was a blast.
cocaine - a few times in the late 70s. I never liked it and decided not to do it when everybody else was partying all night and I wanted to get up early.
opium - only in thai stick, which is weed dipped in an opium solution. I don't like opiates of any kind.
speed - was given to me without my knowledge and I hated it.

I smoke weed almost every day. It's legal where I live. I didn't touch it for 17 years but when I was sick, I got the red card and could buy it legally. Now it's just legal and almost (or sometimes) free. It helps me deal with chronic nerve pain in my head and face and it also eases my anxiety. I use very low doses, only a toke or two at night after dinner. It helps me sleep and it actually calms my nerves enough that I am more productive. I don't do it at work, however.

weed and only weed -- indicas more than sativas

4- how old are you?

weed - hiking in the woods with my best friend in high school
acid - hanging out with friends in college playing foosball and listening to Jimi Hendrix
mushrooms - skiing
peyote - with a girl I knew in college
cocaine - working in the restaurant business
opium - it was just part of weed in the 70s
speed - was playing quarters while hanging out in a hotel room when I was working seismic and we couldn't fly due to weather. I had no idea until I caught a dude dumping black beauties into the beer cup that I kept drinking because I sucked at playing quarters.

moderation in everything, including moderation

·
Registered
100 Posts
They do not appeal at all. I don't know why I would pay for drugs when I can have fun and awesome experiences without them. I'm not curious. I think it's pretty silly to waste money and risk totally fucking myself up just for fun. Totally not worth it.
And what about Alcohol, have you ever used that? (It was listed in the post that alcohol did not count, but for me it does :p).
I always find it really interesting that so many people respond to the word drug: I would neverrr do that!
And then later you see them smoking a cigarette or drinking alcohol.... (So i'm curious if this counts for you as well, that's why I asked ;))

In my opinion (and i think in opinion of many people who know something about neurobiology) alcohol is a far more severe drug than marijuana is...
It's just that alcohol is so socially accepted, that people have forgotten what effect alcohol on your body has (in fact it could be considered a hard drug based on this).

Anyway back on topic (A)

1- what have you tried? - 2- how long/often do or did u do it? - 5- how did you try it ? (describe the setting)

Marijuana - It's legal where I'm from so I use it on a quite regular basis (2 times a month)
I started with it when I was about 17 so I've been using it for 7 years now.
I mostly smoke when I'm with good friends, drinking thee and watching nature documentary's or having discussions about scientific topics ;). For me it's great... It makes things a little bit more enjoyable and a bit more relaxed... And my creativity in my thoughts is even more than normal :D

Nitrous oxide - Also legal, I've used it approximately 10 times, only during parties (small friends birthday parties etc).
I find it always quite funny, somehow your brain is just in slowmotion for about 60 seconds... And it gives a weird feeling in the muscles of your mouth (which make me usually laugh a bit) and then I have to laugh because I hear myself laughing in slowmotion (and usually also the sounds are doubled :p). However it's not a drug I want to do often....

On my list of going to try next are:

MDMA - I want to try it during a festival me and my brother go :D
Magic mushrooms (the not so intense ones) - I'm going to try this in a few months with my brother in his garden ;)

My brother is always my safe place... When i'm trying something (alcohol-weed-nitrous oxide) he was always there :D

So far marijuana - It's just a really easy going drug, not intense, not addictive, doesn't make anyone aggressive (unlike alcohol) and it makes you even more creative :D

4- how old are you?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Hey guys ,
Since we seek mindless experiences by nature, I'm interested in knowing about ENFP's experience with drugs.. :topsy_turvy: :hampster: :brocoli:

1- what have you tried?
4- how old are you?

*Alcohol does not count
1. Pot, coke, LSD, shrooms, opium, DXM, hash, and a variety of pills (morphine, valium, vicodin, ritalin, focalin, adderall).
2. Up until my early 20s, and then I quit everything cold turkey. It was fun, but eventually got old. Only one I would even consider doing again are the psychedelics. They were incredibly fun. Everything else is meh...
3. LSD and shrooms were my favorite. LSD>shrooms...I have had so many crazy hallucinations on LSD like gnomes running through the carpet and the devil popping up on the floor.
4. 30
5. Um...house, dorm room, car, forest, top of a hill, and beach.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
And what about Alcohol, have you ever used that? (It was listed in the post that alcohol did not count, but for me it does :p).
I always find it really interesting that so many people respond to the word drug: I would neverrr do that!
And then later you see them smoking a cigarette or drinking alcohol.... (So i'm curious if this counts for you as well, that's why I asked ;))
I don't smoke and never have, I used to drink occasionally and then I went through a period of depression when I drank a bottle of vodka per day for a month so now I don't drink at all. But I don't consider that "recreational". I've also overdosed on my psych meds and mixed them with alcohol, but again I don't consider that recreational because I was playing russian roulette with my life. Finally when I was anorexic I used to use dexamphetamines so I could exercise and not eat.

So I have misused drugs, I'd just never do it for fun or seeking a positive experience. Also, because I'm pretty fucked up, that gives me an extra reason to never try illicit drugs because I'd probably get addicted.

But yeah all my life I've never understood drugs for fun, and that includes alcohol. I tried it a few times when I was about 19 but that's it. I've only ever used alcohol and meds to self destruct.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't smoke and never have, I used to drink occasionally and then I went through a period of depression when I drank a bottle of vodka per day for a month so now I don't drink at all. But I don't consider that "recreational". I've also overdosed on my psych meds and mixed them with alcohol, but again I don't consider that recreational because I was playing russian roulette with my life. Finally when I was anorexic I used to use dexamphetamines so I could exercise and not eat.

So I have misused drugs, I'd just never do it for fun or seeking a positive experience. Also, because I'm pretty fucked up, that gives me an extra reason to never try illicit drugs because I'd probably get addicted.

But yeah all my life I've never understood drugs for fun, and that includes alcohol. I tried it a few times when I was about 19 but that's it. I've only ever used alcohol and meds to self destruct.
I would not consider that recreational either no.... :(
And I completely respect the fact that you don't want to try them for this purpose (I can understand this very well ;))!
(I would prefer you would have used them for this instead of self destruction though...)
I'm sorry to hear that you've been through such rough period in your life....
I guess you went through a lot! (If you ever feel like talking about it then you're always welcome to send me a message)
I truly hope you're in a better stage now and you do not have the needs for self destruction anymore

And indeed you don't need drugs to have fun and awesome experiences ;)
When I'm going to a club I'm often the one who is most sober, but is also dancing the most/weirdest :p
Having fun only requires the right mindset :D

And PS.... I guess we all are at least a little fucked up from time to time....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Love is my drug! It get's me so high! XD

But more seriously... I've never tried anything. I'm too scared I'm going to scratch my eyes out of my head and lose control. I am also aware that I have a personality that is prone to addiction so I don't want to use something which I could potentially become dependent upon.

I generally don't feel like I need drugs to enhance my experiences or help me to cope with life. I have no problems with others doing it so long as they aren't harming themselves.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey guys ,

1- what have you tried?
4- how old are you?

*Alcohol does not count
1 - have sort of smoked a joint
2 - once or twice in my life
3 - I don't see what the big deal is with weed
4 - mature
5 - at a party once and on a beach with a guy I was seeing

I have no desire whatsoever to experiment with drugs. I don't do drugs. I don't feel I'm missing out on anything whatsoever by not doing them. Recreational drugs only do harm, especially to young people who seem to run their lives on drugs. I don't give money to beggers on the street because I can tell a druggie when I see one. I just don't believe in helping anyone's pathetic habit. If my employer fired someone for doing drugs, I would wholly support it. I support drug testing in the workplace and in sport.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Drugs are very bad and evil and people should not talk about them. If you are going to do drugs at least do it alone and don't tell anybody about it.

I have never tried drugs and never will because it is bad.

The only good drugs are the legal ones. I have taken these that I can remember:

Latuda
Abilify
Neurontin
Lamictal
Zoloft
Lexapro
Celexa
Paxil
Prozac
Cymbalta

·
Registered
100 Posts
Drugs are very bad and evil and people should not talk about them. If you are going to do drugs at least do it alone and don't tell anybody about it.

Latuda
Abilify
Neurontin
Lamictal
Zoloft
Lexapro
Celexa
Paxil
Prozac
Cymbalta
Why do you think drugs are bad?
I do agree that they are not for all people and I truly understand that some people don't want to try them....
But I would not consider them to be bad in general... It also kind of depends on the drugs you are taking..
And I also disagree on the : do it alone and don't tell anybody about it.

If that is your advise to some who uses hallucinogens and they end up having a bad trip...
Then I for sure think its better if there is someone around whom you can trust to calm you down

And the drugs you are describing...
Well they are legal if you have a severe mental illness such as bio-polar disorder, severe depression or schizophrenia...
However these drugs are only legally available if they are subscribed by a doctor (at least in the Netherlands)
If you do not suffer from a mental disorder I would never use these kind of drugs...
In most people I've seen using these type of drugs, their depression got better, but their general joy was also pretty much gone...

Why did you use all these kind of antidepressant drugs if I may ask?

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Why do you think drugs are bad?
I do agree that they are not for all people and I truly understand that some people don't want to try them....
But I would not consider them to be bad in general... It also kind of depends on the drugs you are taking..
And I also disagree on the : do it alone and don't tell anybody about it.

If that is your advise to some who uses hallucinogens and they end up having a bad trip...
Then I for sure think its better if there is someone around whom you can trust to calm you down

And the drugs you are describing...
Well they are legal if you have a severe mental illness such as bio-polar disorder, severe depression or schizophrenia...
However these drugs are only legally available if they are subscribed by a doctor (at least in the Netherlands)
If you do not suffer from a mental disorder I would never use these kind of drugs...
In most people I've seen using these type of drugs, their depression got better, but their general joy was also pretty much gone...

Why did you use all these kind of antidepressant drugs if I may ask?
Drugs are bad because the people who do them left me out. And I used all those antidepressants because they make me feel better.

15 Posts
weed and shrooms. Both when I was 15, when I started losing my value system (don't do drugs) for the sake of experience. Weed was my favorite, but only because I never have bad trips. Weed still is kinda boring to me, I can be happier without it. I took shrooms with my friend, very naive to the fact that I would get completely fucked. We were driving across the border to another state for a" festival" we told her ***STRICT mom we were "going to" and we popped a few shrooms on the car ride there. Before shrooms I had little experience with even weed. It was chill while we were parked in the back of her car in the Burger King parking lot, until we realized we needed to drive home and we couldn't even stand on our feet. She was the only one with a license. We walk into Burger King and i'm completely fucked. I start eating my hand, I can't stand straight, my vision sees light as tie dye spirals. We drive past the festival at night and watch while cops surround every corner directing traffic. Driving home in the dark with highway lights everywhere while you're completely fucked is quite frightening. It was one bad trip, I was freaked out the whole time. I think now my vision even stunts and I can see things with a more "shroomy" twist.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

Latuda
Abilify
Neurontin
Lamictal
Zoloft
Lexapro
Celexa
Paxil
Prozac
Cymbalta
I'm thanking this post because I found it hilarious. Drugs are bad mmkay? And have you READ the side effects of abilify?!?! I can't believe that shit is legal, it's sooooo much worse than pretty much anything else out there.

Reactions: Vahyavishdapaya

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I was raised in a religious family, so I used to be against them for that reason. Then in college curiosity got the better of me and I ended up trying alcohol and weed at a few parties. I just tried weed a few more times during my trip to Vancouver. It's never done anything for me. I'm still waiting for this magical awesome high everyone keeps talking about.

I used to be afraid of trying harder drugs because of my addictive personality, but I'm no longer worried about that. I'm far too lazy, broke and paranoid to develop a drug habit.

As for paranoia, that's another big reason why I haven't sought out harder drugs. But I've finally got around to researching the hell out of it and educating myself.

I was going to try shrooms at a rave last year, but they were sold out by the time I found the dealer. I'm thinking about going back and trying MDMA instead, that should be easier to find.

I also will try cocaine and DMT once if the opportunity ever arises.

Caffeine is my drug of choice. I've never developed a tolerance for it, and it makes me INSANELY happy and hyper. That's all I need to party lol, or maybe caffeine and alcohol (jager bombs! ^_^). It makes up for weed having no effect I guess. That's also why I'm so curious to try cocaine once. If caffeine hits me that hard every time, then cocaine will like turn me into The Flash! :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts