Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its hard to live in this modern world with such weak Se, Te and Fe. Tell your funny or sad tales of when you had a terrible time because you can't use these functions.

·
Registered
370 Posts
HAhaha..

One time I went to a theme park with two of my friends, and this is when we couldn't drive ourselves yet, and so we went and had fun but I had relied on the fact that my parents would bring us home, but my parents were too busy when I called them

Everyone else called their parents but they were also busy, so we took a bus to another part of town

I'd never taken the bus before so I held up about 7 people behind me figuring out how the change machine worked

We ended up at a Jack in the Box in the ghetto for like two hours and we watched someone get mugged

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
No specific story about my embarrassing lack of Fe, Ne, and Te. I have so many little stories, hundreds of thousands of them. They all pretty much blend into one embarrassing blur.

Basically, I'm an innocent elf in a humans world. At least that's what I tell myself now and it makes me feel a lot better about things.

I don't let it stop me from doing stuff Fe and Se stuff. Persistence and the tolerance to look stupid for little while are key.

My Te...is alright. I use it quite a lot. Primitively, sure, but enough.

Reactions: TuesdaysChild

·
Registered
642 Posts
I hate it when my Te kicks in - I've lost friends, damaged relationships, and given myself major headaches in times of stress. I become methodical, cold, and calculating - almost ruthlessly so - yet it seems my decisions are the worse for it.

But I'd prefer not to say any more about it; I'd like to treat myself to some revelry at the things I've handled well on account of my stronger functions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maybe Fe

I was waiting to my music lesson, and two girls sat down near me, we start talking... So when one of them asked my name, I said my name and instead speaking, "My name is Naoise. It's nice to meet you." I said " My name is Naoise. Congratulations "

·
Registered
160 Posts
and also SE

before going to college, I tried to use " hair gel " to fix my curls...
at the bus I was smelling like a drunk, just then I realized that I used Alcohol Gel instead Hair Gel...

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Locked keys in car.
Got lost driving.
Messy space where I lose stuff.
Late fees.
Missed appointments.
Walked into a chair.
Locked keys in car AGAIN.
Left jacket at restaurant.
White laundry is now pink.
Library late fees now exceed cost of buying the book.

Etc....

That covers a lot of Se and Te. My poor Fe is me being socially awkward, which is more sad than amusing. Poor Te also means I know I should do XYZ to accomplish a task, but it sooooo boring. Or I reject the conventional manner of getting from A to B (likely as a matter of integrity) and spend too much energy screwing around in hopes of stumbling upon an alternative. Sometimes I do though, and then people call me creative and clever. There is also the matter of insecurity over how one stacks up to objective, impersonal standards like money earned, time taken, etc. That often leads to rejection of such things, which can make you seem irresponsible to others; Im not that extreme, but I feel the inner conflict a lot.

Not sure how amusing that was. But I have a mildly amusing story involving a grasshopper and my pants. It has nothing to do with inferior Te, but just to make up for the lack of funny...

I had to go to a school office to quickly drop off some paperwork for a job. I used the restroom on my way out. As Im walking to my car, I feel something crawling on my leg inside my skinny jeans. Im thinking "oh my god, what in the world is in my pants?!" . I scurry to my car, get inside, and then proceed to take off my pants as discreetly as possible, because after all, Im in a school parking lot and who wants to be the pantless weirdo spotted lurking in a car where many children are nearby? But I have to get out whatever is crawling around in there. So then as the pants peel off, out falls a grasshopper. He is dead at this point. I have no idea how the thing got in there, but I suspect the grasshopper was waiting to hitch a ride in the restroom, but sadly for him, skinny pants are a very risky form of transportation for delicate insects.

Somehow, I really dont think this stuff happens to Te-dom....too observant? Like, I think they'd notice the grasshoper swan-diving into their pants and would never make it to the car with one snuggly pressed against their leg.

·
Registered
167 Posts
- I get /extremely/ obsessive and neurotic about organization as a means of coping with stress. When I get overwhelmed, I tend to want to micromanage the areas of my life to a very minute degree -- putting my clothes in rainbow order, cataloguing my image files, going on a cleaning rampage because suddenly this mess is untolerable to me, etc. My poor belongings have to suffer putting up with me going into dictatorial mode. I also become the best at time management in the form of exacting to-do lists to each hour (but I usually burn out two weeks tops and go back to being a bum).

- When group projects aren't going well or is inefficient, I have this strong urge to steamroll everybody and bark out orders or basically just take over the entire operation. Which is very unlike me at all...

- I always pine and stare longingly at art supplies (y my hobbies so expensive? sobs) but I usually justify to myself, nope, you cannot engage nor indulge in frivolous materialism (Se??). And then I end up succumbing to buying them anyway but wait! They're so expensive! Cannot use it for frivolous doodling! Must use it for something, MEANINGFUL, yes, it has to be of utmost importance! ... and then I end up never actually using them because I build the expectations/standards too much. Or I buy sketchbooks because I get inspired by the potential of filling it up with pretty things and anecdotal sketches and then not actually drawing in them.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Te is not my favorite function. Some years ago I used to be the "kitchen manager" at a dormitory where I was in charge of the money, meetings and generally what we should do. I think I did a good job in terms of creating a better atmosphere around all the people, have it all look nicer and cleaner, making people pay their debt willingly, and make everybody feel safe and welcome. Everything became dramatically better compared to when an ETJ guy was in charge before me. Unfortunately many did not appreciate it or attribute it to me because, well, I was just too nice, forgiving and inconsequential which evidently is just wrong when you're in charge. Had I bothered with a bit of bureaucracy and talked down to those who didn't fit in, I would have been more popular. Instead I ended up stressing some SJs who couldn't get their head around the fact that weed smoking Lithuanians didn't actually behave better if you reprimanded them every day.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4
6,496 Posts
Locked keys in car.
Got lost driving.
Messy space where I lose stuff.
Late fees.
Missed appointments.
Walked into a chair.
Locked keys in car AGAIN.
Left jacket at restaurant.
White laundry is now pink.
Library late fees now exceed cost of buying the book.

Etc....

That covers a lot of Se and Te. My poor Fe is me being socially awkward, which is more sad than amusing. Poor Te also means I know I should do XYZ to accomplish a task, but it sooooo boring. Or I reject the conventional manner of getting from A to B (likely as a matter of integrity) and spend too much energy screwing around in hopes of stumbling upon an alternative. Sometimes I do though, and then people call me creative and clever. There is also the matter of insecurity over how one stacks up to objective, impersonal standards like money earned, time taken, etc. That often leads to rejection of such things, which can make you seem irresponsible to others; Im not that extreme, but I feel the inner conflict a lot.

Not sure how amusing that was. But I have a mildly amusing story involving a grasshopper and my pants. It has nothing to do with inferior Te, but just to make up for the lack of funny...

I had to go to a school office to quickly drop off some paperwork for a job. I used the restroom on my way out. As Im walking to my car, I feel something crawling on my leg inside my skinny jeans. Im thinking "oh my god, what in the world is in my pants?!" . I scurry to my car, get inside, and then proceed to take off my pants as discreetly as possible, because after all, Im in a school parking lot and who wants to be the pantless weirdo spotted lurking in a car where many children are nearby? But I have to get out whatever is crawling around in there. So then as the pants peel off, out falls a grasshopper. He is dead at this point. I have no idea how the thing got in there, but I suspect the grasshopper was waiting to hitch a ride in the restroom, but sadly for him, skinny pants are a very risky form of transportation for delicate insects.

Somehow, I really dont think this stuff happens to Te-dom....too observant? Like, I think they'd notice the grasshoper swan-diving into their pants and would never make it to the car with one snuggly pressed against their leg.
Simpler than that. INTJs emit such a strong "don't TOUCH me" vibe (except to someone they're besotted with, or others allowed within their protective bubble, such as their cat) that grasshoppers and other critters keep away, knowing that they will soon be picked up and loved to death (in your case, literally :dry:) by the next passing Fi-dom.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
For one, my entire apartment is one big inferior Te disaster.

I just shared this on the venting thread, but it qualifies as weak Se disaster. I noticed a woman was wearing a bird necklace and totally spaced out thinking about birds and flying and a few other unrelated trains of thought, but somehow I got there. Anywho, after a couple minutes, I came back to reality only to notice that I was still looking at the necklace, which basically means I was staring at this woman's chest for a grossly horrific amount of time. There were also other people around. So everyone, including my hapless victim, was probably thinking, OMG, she is totally staring at her boobs! So humiliating. Usually the extent of my spacing out mishaps are bumping into things or aimlessly wandering around Walgreens for 20 minutes because I keep forgetting I'm there for toothpaste. But it does cause the occasional inappropriate and extremely awkward social disasters.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Okay, inferior Se but you all have to promise not to laugh.

One time I got up from the toilet but I couldn't remember if I peed or not so I had to stand there and feel if my bladder was full or not (to pee or not to pee?) :th_blush:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've got the say that the most problem I have is with my inferior Te. It comes out especially in times of stress and has two concrete consequences:

1) Micromanaging. You think that being a P-type, you'd be easygoing, but no. Inferior Te is really the pettiest, most nitpicking function there is. I do admire the way Te-doms can keep tract of various details while still keeping their head at the bigger plan behind them. For me it's like there is no bigger plan, just multitude of irrelevant details that I'm obsessed to keep right but which doesn't really lead anywhere.

2) Te-slashs. I think most people have hard time realizing how sensitive and kind I'm actually deep down because I kinda come off as a bitch. I have these moments of brutal honesty when I say what I think without sugarcoating it. Funnily TJs seem to appreciate these moments but too bad almost all my friends are FPs so it'll just scare the shit out of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts