• NT: high school graduate/Cs-Ds

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty much as the title suggests, i'm curious about the correlation between the different temperaments and academic achievement; particularily S vs N. obviously the people on here will likely be relatively intelligent regardless of type but at least ill still be able to compare the temperaments.

if you decided to skip higher education for a particular reason just put where you would have been placed..
dropouts just choose the lowest option.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I replied with the "As, Bs, and Cs" option though I did graduate Cum Laude, Bach. of Arts-3.6, so not straight As, but pretty darned close!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I graduated SCL, all those years ago, but put As Bs and Cs. I was depressed when I did my degree year, and therefore being an ISTJ. The rest of the time I was clever enough but too lazy to really excel.....:tongue:

·
Registered
338 Posts
SP, top 10 university in my country. Not a straight A student, but in the British system not even those who go to Oxbridge get straight A's in every assignment they do, it's unheard of.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
pretty much as the title suggests, i'm curious about the correlation between the different temperaments and academic achievement; particularily S vs N. obviously the people on here will likely be relatively intelligent regardless of type but at least ill still be able to compare the temperaments.

if you decided to skip higher education for a particular reason just put where you would have been placed..
dropouts just choose the lowest option.
It's an apple/orange comparison since the only temperament type that represents academia is NT. You're making an assumption that we're limited to using only one temperament when in actuality we must have use of them all since each represent differing institutions. This principle was discussed by Keirsey and Berens that all environments give off one of the four temperament flavors.

As for intelligence per temperament, it has no relation to traditional intelligence. SPs use tactical, SJ's logistical, NTs strategic and NF diplomatic intelligence. Ergo the only comparison that one can make is within the group which uses the same intelligence. So the question should be a comparison of the four NT types, then the four SP types to one another and so on….

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
I agree with Function. Also, your choice of separating top university versus the rest isn't important in the least. It has no correlation with intelligence. More intuitive types probably go to university over sensors but intelligence has nothing to do with the why. Not to mention that this forum is completely top heavy on intuitives.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I picked decent university/A-B-Cs student. I went to a good university (not a top one) and have a really good GPA. It's close to straight A's. I am a business and math major. And I'm ISTJ.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Decent university is a bit subjective I think. I know many people would consider my school a top university, but I wouldn't.

I got by having a 4.0 in HS and a low to mid 3s in college. I rarely applied myself - I relied mostly on my natural abilities/instincts/intuition to get by.

·
MOTM Aug 2010
1,412 Posts
Look at my type and my signature, and I'm pretty sure you can figure out which one I voted for. :tongue:

While many of the best-known scholars and innovators have been identified as Intuitives (and especially NTs), this isn't to say that other types can't succeed in academics, and in fact Intuitives can often struggle in school, especially early on as primary and secondary school subjects require a lot of attention to detail. And success in school is just one of many forms of intelligence anyway.

The "type does not correlate with intelligence" argument has been beaten to death already, so I hope I don't have to go there again.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
NT
Decent university by my standards, but top university by others. I have a 3.9 overall GPA, 4.0 major GPA.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ISTJ that fits in the second highest. Not super, but above average. I did very good in high school, but I'm not as good in college. Still good in college as I am hanging in there because of the effort I put into work. I go to a decent college.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
NF:top university/straight As student
I only got As at uni this year, but I think I got lucky!!

:blushed:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
NT
I had a 4.2 GPA in high school, and a 4.0 GPA in college so far.

That being said, my ENFJ friend was valedictorian of my high school, and had something ridiculous like a 4.7 and is now a Biochem. major.

·
Registered
33 Posts
"NT: decent university/As-Bs-Cs student". At first grades I had straight As. Then I grew up a little and realized that it's not worth the effort to put so much energy in subjects I'm not interested in. Totally happy this way, a lot less stress! And still good in stuff I need.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Way to make me look like the underachiever, guys...

I go to a lowly university...a state university. :-/ I didn't bother applyiing anywhere else.

GPA's only 3.2, though my major is Accounting. In my classes, 50% drop within 2 weeks, and 40% of the rest fail anyway, usually only 2 people get A's. So my C+ in Intermediate Accounting was hard earned! :laughing:

In high school, I went to a gifted/prestigious high school, and graduated with a 3.67 (unweighted).

·
Registered
70 Posts
I chose SJ-Decent University/A-B-Cs. However, my first two years of college were more A's, B's, and C's, whereas my junior and senior years are almost straight A's with just a couple of B's and C's. I have an upward trend in terms of my grades.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts