Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the movie "Temple Grandin" and absolutely loved it! I would like to get some feedback from some ISTP's who may have seen the movie concerning whether Temple may or may not reflect ISTP cognitive functions. Obviously, she would be an extreme example, being a "high functioning autistic." I'm just curious to get some of your feedback.

p.s. If you haven't seen this movie, I strongly recommend it!

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Thanks for recommending it. I thought I'd check it out. I'm only a few minutes in, but I love this part when she first comes to the farm and greets her uncle. Everyone always wants to shake and say, "It's nice to meet you." I suppose it's the polite thing to do, but I don't really get it.

Edit: Watched it. That was pretty amazing. A lot of it did resonate with me, amplified though it was.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I haven't seen it, but I've seen some youtube videos about her.

She seems very ISTP-like with Se being able to be in tune with the physical world and she refers to herself as a "visual thinker". THINKING IN PICTURES: Autism and Visual Thought has many, many words from her about that.

I liked this quote from her when asked which movies she didn't like: "Oh relationship movies, I find them kind of boring." Lol.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Oh, yeah...I've seen part of that. All I can remember is that I liked the speech at the end, and her voice was kind of annoying. I should probably watch it in its entirety.

^^Octoberskye, I always skip the pleasantries. More often than not, I'll be talking to someone for 15 minutes, and I didn't even introduce myself. Names...who needs names anyway?

·
Registered
743 Posts
My connection has been horribly slow so I can't watch any Youtube stuff.

But if you all reckon she's ISTP, good enough for me.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She seems very ISTP-like with Se being able to be in tune with the physical world and she refers to herself as a "visual thinker". THINKING IN PICTURES: Autism and Visual Thought has many, many words from her about that.
I watched a lecture she gave. She talks about working from "the bottom up" when putting together ideas. In other words, she doesn't begin with an idea but lets the parts create the whole. I think of intuitive logic as seeing the whole idea first and then trying to piece it together, whereas sensory logic pieces together "what's there" in order to arrive at the whole picture.

Anyway she came up with innovations (ways to improve upon the cattle industry) using her visual thinking (se) and very shrewd logic (ti), assuming my assumption is correct.

Reactions: briesas
1 - 7 of 7 Posts