Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I need to better respect the power of music to recall memory... My teen son wanted to listen to some classics that he might not have heard before. I put on Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". I was immediately transported back to a youthful time, when it was just two of us, my husband and I, in our first house. We'd take the phone off the hook, drag the bedding from the main bedroom to the living room, in front of the big Polk Audio speakers that were hooked to the good stereo, pop in the CD and hit play - straight through, never on shuffle. By the end of "Great Gig in the Sky", we'd be drifting back to earth (no need to fill in the blanks, I presume). We'd sometimes stay unclothed the whole day, tossing on robes to grill a steak later. It was play time. There were chases, there were tickle fights, there was talk into the wee hours of the night. We were so unbelievably happy and in love.

I have not allowed myself to venture anywhere near those sweet memories. It's too painful, agonizing, to taste it, knowing it will never happen again. Not during this earthly lifetime. Not with him. I did not forget exactly, but forbid myself from remembering in such detail. God, I miss him! It's been ten years. I had no idea there was still so much pain, buried deep where I thought it could not hurt me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts