Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a tendency to analyse more consciously?
and is it an irony to have that and also be intuitive?
because the more i keep the analytical process intact of certain key issues i have in my consciousness and really submerge myself with them to let it really sync down to my unconscious the more inventive i manage to react to it

but this over-analytical thing.. isn't it fighting off intuition a bit?
when you get an urge like that. do you stop it and follow your gut or analyze more

i feel that the more i use my analytical, conscious mind, i manage to get sharp or refined about certain details but then again i get tied down.. solid.. kind of claustrophobic, toxic

and the more i use my intuition i feel very organic, fluid and healthy..

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I like to try to use my analyzing to help prove or communicate my Ni. It is not needed for Ni to work though. I prefer to flow with Ni but I must fight other influences temporarily while using it. I often use timing in these matters. I periodically analyzed all the info I have collected with Ni to come up with a system I can use to communicate with or get things done with help from others.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wonder if you haven't hit on a major challenge for us INFJ's - trying to juggle these somewhat conflicting tendencies. I lived for years almost completely ignoring my N - I think my J kept it in check. I'm finally finding balance, but it isn't always easy. I think this is why I sometimes have difficulty making decisions on some things.

Also, I bet that there are quite a few people out there who are really INFJ's that have tested as something else. I seem to confuse the tests frequently. They often come back with an S instead of N or a P instead of J. I've read that an NF often looks to others as a P. I know I do.

·
Registered
946 Posts
As a Dominant Function, Ni leads INJs to anchor themselves primarily in discovery of and attunement to that "what else"--to seek communion with it for its own sake. INJs are typically concerned with finding an independent and all-encompassing perspective on whatever interests them, so they can see it without bias, without being fooled or led along by ways in which other interests have set things up, and without a merely partial understanding.
That's probably one of the better descriptions out there for this topic. Basically, analysis is part of Ni.

Ni in simplest terms is pattern recognition, and the ability to use multiple patterns at any given time, and cross-reference them. To a great extent, this is subconscious... when our view on things is settled. When something doesn't quite fit into our world view, we study it and try to figure out what it means... and how it relates to everything we "know".

To some extent, it's also linked to the primal instincts.. which actually can conflict with both reality and a sense of good will to others. After developing Ni, a person can subvert these primal instincts. Why do INJ's often seem to be "wiser" than their age might indicate? Because they have most likely spent some time eradicating these inner demons, and pondering "what does it all mean?" .. "Why am I here?".

Ni is the tendency to question everything and come up with your own answers. It is slow to work with, due to all the time spent analyzing, but at times you can see what others cannot. Once a good world view is established, an INJ can become much more action oriented, and can come up with ideas that are very profound, and sometimes world-changing.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
That's probably one of the better descriptions out there for this topic. Basically, analysis is part of Ni.

Ni in simplest terms is pattern recognition, and the ability to use multiple patterns at any given time, and cross-reference them. To a great extent, this is subconscious... when our view on things is settled. When something doesn't quite fit into our world view, we study it and try to figure out what it means... and how it relates to everything we "know".

To some extent, it's also linked to the primal instincts.. which actually can conflict with both reality and a sense of good will to others. After developing Ni, a person can subvert these primal instincts. Why do INJ's often seem to be "wiser" than their age might indicate? Because they have most likely spent some time eradicating these inner demons, and pondering "what does it all mean?" .. "Why am I here?".

Ni is the tendency to question everything and come up with your own answers. It is slow to work with, due to all the time spent analyzing, but at times you can see what others cannot. Once a good world view is established, an INJ can become much more action oriented, and can come up with ideas that are very profound, and sometimes world-changing.
WOW!!! Well said Malovane!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts