Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, but how does your tertiary function manifest in accordance with your other functions - or isolated from your other functions (to an extent)? What about your inferior function? Also do you actively work on developing your tertiary or inferior functions, if so how? Do you try to incorporate them with your leading functions too?

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I don't find any relation at all between Fi and Se -- nothing that I can observe that matters in day-to-day life.

I do an average amount of physical, sensor-type things, some of them pretty good. But Se always seems guided by Ni -- I just know what is to be done physically, what goes where, what possible things can go wrong, how to predict and avoid them. So, I don't fall off ladders, and I don't let others fall when I can help it, and I don't make mistakes in mechanical tasks, except for low-stakes stuff like maybe a typo here or there, where there are mechanical remedies which don't require my attention.

The only part where Se+Fi seems to go together for me is just pure, carnal sex. But I'm a celibate now -- I've had enough "screwing around" so to speak, and it's not of any interest to me, except for exploring how deep feelings can go, and how far I can extend my feelings to concern someone else.

Se in sex isn't of interest to me anymore -- it's just a stupid pet trick to me.

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,601 Posts
For me when I experience my inferior Se, I may become more focused on the environment but not know how to take it in. I am also very clumsy and tend to bump into things and other people. I get really overwhelmed in crowds. I am not too coordinated in general and tend to gloss over details in my envirenment. When si-doms/se-doms are more acutely aware that I usually am, I often feel stupid. I get very stressed and overwhelmed in this mode. Having this as an inferior function, I am generally unaware of my surroundings. I also become a lot less motivated when I get into inferior/shadow mode for long periods of time.

I don't have fi as a tertiary function, it’s one of my shadow functions but I do have ti. I have found myself stuck in the ti loop many times when I am at my worst. I often get more quiet, hyper critical of people as well of myself, blunt, and less tactful. I am probably slightly better with ti than se? I still can't use it too well. It needs to be developed a lot more. I also start assuming the worst about people and it becomes harder to make friends. My inner immature ISTP/ISTJ coming out. I know if we are going by the shadow, it should technically be ESTP but I go more into myself when I lack sleep, am stressed out, or am generally at my worst. I want to develop these functions more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts