Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kindof just stumbled across personality traits and such about 3 months ago and i have to say that it is quite fascinating. I have taken a few test and all of them have said entp, but the percentages are almost 50% with an e being at 68% which could possibly mean that im perfect (some might disagree). description seems to fit but i am just curious as to what you guys have to say about it.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
the entp description is seemingly accurate, but so are other traits of different types. i also did take one test back when i was about 17 and it concluded estp which at the time described me(although i do think the profiles of types tend to be general in description).

(2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
well theres lots of things. i want to one day rid myself of working for other people. money is not really that important though. i just love doing new and challenging things so really just not to be bored. to be honest i pretty much live day to day and not really ever make any plans which has been working pretty nicely so far. as for the one thing i would yearn for is happyness. probly everyone yearns for that one but then again could you blame them?

(3)think of a time when you felt you were your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
well theres that time when i was working for mercedes and i drove a gl550 through a string of train cars. i hit 93 and was going like 50 before i even hit the ramp to go onto the train. it wasnt the risk of getting fired or just plain driving like a bat out of hell stuck in a small hallway, it was the new guy in the passenger side. he got out of the car and puked all over that new mercedes. it was absolutely hilarious and was probly the greatest thing that happened at that job.
in general ill feel my finest when im winning or just completely outdoing other people.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
the big bodybuilder at the gym that i know could rip my arms off if they want to. seriously you would feel inferior too when that dude that can curl your max bench consistantly for 5 minutes. thats really about it. im not sure if its just my lack of not caring about what other people think.

(5)besides what tends to weigh on your decisions?(Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
i tend to be really impulsive in my decision making process. i will occasionally think about people depending on the context but im always thinking about the pros and cons of what im doing. i like to think about what is it i benefit from. about 85% of my decisions are made on impulse.

(6)When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
i normally just talk to figure things out and most of the time ill end up with 100 ways to get the same result. im always open for new ideas but that dosent mean i would use them. i dont ask for help for anything unless there is absolutely no way i can do it alone or figure something out which i have found to be rare.

(7)Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
i got invited by one of my friends to go to some redneck campground in the middle of nowhere. it was just gonna be about 8 of us camping out that saturday night but we decided to go friday night before other people got there. anyways i wake up saturday morning only to walk outside to find all of my friends with some type of alcoholic beverage in their hands(it was like 930 in the morning). so i just did what any other party animal would do. i grabbed me a beer and started drinking. i normally dont drink that early but i was with my drunk friends that weekend and was missing my stoner friends.anyways, i dont remember how much i had to drink but i do remember at 12 we finished the bottle of crown, a bottle of jameson and only god knows how much beer/other drinks we had. so i did the usual and went on a giant booze splurge and spent like $200. so i got back and the party continued! by this time there were probly 400 people at this campground and more people pulling in. then i heard everyone playing country music. so i hop into my truck with its kicker door speakers with 2 12 jackhammers wired up to an amazing 1200 watt amp and with confidence that noone can outplay my truck started playing bands like slayer, maiden, anthrax and countless others. the people playing the depressing noise tried to outplay the amazing sound my speakers where producing, but failed misurably! at this time i noticed more and more people were congrigating around our humble camping spot bringing with them beer and whiskey and more than likely some type of illegal substance had to be there. so the sun is going down and what looked to be a weekend camping with friends had turned into a full blown party! then of coarse the cops just had to show up and attempt to ruin this shin dig we had stumbled upon. well it didnt work! they did arrest some dude though but whats one guy gonna do to this campground fiesta? it didnt do anything! the cops left to go write people speeding tickets and our party continued. i dont remember i got to this point but i was in this persons camper and my redneck friend walked up to me and asked if i wanted to mingle so i said of coarse i would love to mingle. so we started this journey to the other side of the campground which the party had now spread to. well i think we made it about 20 ft when we saw this asshole pulling some chick by her hair and then literally punching her in the mouth. well that didnt set well with either of us and the next thing i know we are beating this guy into a bloody pulp. as usual this drew alot of attention to us and i looked up to see everyone standing around watching this beating like they were in high school again(guess people never really change). i saw my friend still beating this guys face off and i decided to see if that girl was alright. well i was to late one of my other friends sister was over there checking on her when the girl went nuts and started trying to fight what is basically my sister. that girl made a mistake with that decision but i stopped them before a cat fight ensued. so my redneck friend got off of the guy and told him to get the hell out of there. then the guy got up and punched her again. biggest mistake of that guys life cause he not only made us want to throw him in a fire he managed to hit her in front of the entire camp! so now he has a whole campground pissed off and i really dont know how he made it to their car but when he took off he had a mob of drunken rednecks chasing him. he ended up hitting some guy on the other side of the camp while getting his windows smashed out and having people trying to jump in after him. meanwhile i just stood there and the only thing i thought of was i could actually mark off starting an angry mob off my bucket list. i waited for everyone to get back to the camp spot. i thought this wouldve been it for this shin dig but i was wrong for once and everyone just started back partyin. the cops of coarse came back to rear their ugly heads and try to put together why this guy was beat to hell and crashed the car on the side of the road a 1/4 mile from here. so my drunk redneck friend just had to tell them about it but the cop pretty much said alright and left. the rest of the night (by now its like 330am) i just sat around and talked to people until i decided to pass out.
That was one of the wildest night ive had lol. all in all it was a total blast even though we all could have probably been arrested and probly had a higher risk of alcohol poisoning.

(8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
depends on what it is im learning if its fixing something then hands on but basically anything else theorizing is always good. i abhor memorizing things and think its a waste of time when you can just learn it as you go.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
completely disorganized. from my car to my computers hardrive everything is just in random places. its not that im trashy i just dont put things in special places. actually to someone else i might look like a disorganized mess but in my head i know exactly where everything is and why its there.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
i usually try to find all the information i can on something before making judgements. if i dont have the time to do research i would use what i already know to determine if the idea is even plausable and then find out if its more efficient than other ideas. in this time i might actually combine aspects of one idea with aspects of a new idea to come up with an even better idea that surpasses the origional ideas.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
i follow what i believe. not saying i have a problem with a group. if people believe the same things i do then i dont mind being with that group. i tend to do my own thing though.

(12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
i rarely think before speaking. one on one is prefered but groups are fine too

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
i jump head first 9 times out of 10

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
im goin with the friends...screw tvs

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
short tempered and under alot of stress i tend to become slightly depressed but i counter it by spending all of my time with friends.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
the way people just blindly follow something without questioning its legitamancy. people who are emotional or overdramatic about simple things that really dont matter. i have come to the conclusion that i only have happyness and anger in my bag of emotions. im not good with depressing things so when someone is down and out and looking at me for support all i can do really is say "here smoke this" or ill tell them something that was more than likely pretty heartless in their eyes but i never meant it to be mean i just dont really like to sugar coat things often.

(17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
i absolutely love talking about controversial things like religon, government, different theories on how the universe came to be. i also like to talk about drugs. pretty much everything from doing them to the lab processes of synthesising lsd. as for talking in general i can keep a conversation going on mostly anything.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
my reputation as a person and pretty much what people say about me. ill most likely will never hear what people say about me and if i did i really wouldnt care anyways. i also dont really pay attention to what people are wearing and if someone met me and didnt really seem interesting i would forget what they look like and i never pay attention to names.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
my friends would say im in essence a badass, reckless most of the time and responsible only when i have to be, intelligent, dependable, extremely generous, honest. at the same time they could say im cold and heartless and need to think more about how people really feel about things.
alot of that is truth but i do disagree on how my friends say i need to think about other people feel because i actually do. in general i really dont like hurting people or for for others to be sad but i just have no way to comfort people if i think they are just going to whine the whole time. i would agree that i can be quite cold to people when i want and i do it with ease but im in no way heartless. i feel things like other people do i just cant rationalize why people cant get a grip on themselves and not freak out which in turn irritates me to no end so i end up coming off as harsh.
they would never say i am a liar, selfish, that i conciously manipulate and play games with people, a theif, lazy, and i dont think any of them would say im satan either.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
i would be having a fourgy with three woman of my choosing (yes itll be an impulsive choice) on the international space station whilst candyflipping and having a perfect view of the earth. i would then use a spaceship courtesy of nasa to navigate my way to the dark side of the moon where there would be a giant party that everyone on earth is invited to!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
ExTP. I can't tell if you're using Ne (Extroverted Intuition) or Se (Extroverted Sensing), though. It would be easier if you weren't doing drugs, not that I'm condoning you as most of my friends are stoners, but just that it changes the way you perceive the world and can sometimes make it harder to tell.

You sound a lot like an ESTP, though. I know it says they don't like theories, but you'll find a few here who could dissolve that myth pretty easily. Personality Theory is less about who you are as a person and more about how you react to things. Your reactions really make me think Se/Ti, since Se is all about taking in your surroundings and quickly judging which are relevant to the situation, usually acting very quickly. I'd look more deeply into the functions, since only you can judge for yourself.

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
I say ENTP with strong Se.

An ESTP would not have the imagination for this in a way that seems natural and normal to them:
i would be having a fourgy with three woman of my choosing (yes itll be an impulsive choice) on the international space station whilst candyflipping and having a perfect view of the earth. i would then use a spaceship courtesy of nasa to navigate my way to the dark side of the moon where there would be a giant party that everyone on earth is invited to!
Also, you mentioned you hated memorizing things and that would point to inferior Si. You're very good at recalling physical details though, a bit better than I think you think you are *wink* Yet the details are general and always seem to point towards a specific idea that you are describing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so more than likely entp but possibly estp. would ne types normally do construction work of some type? i have been around that industry all my life and i work with my hand on a daily basis. could this be why i could have a strong se?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Yes, that would make sense. If you're constantly being forced to use sensory information, your sensing functions will improve. You sound a bit like me. I'm an ENTP except when I play sports, when I function as an ESTP. Se is fairly low in my function stack, so I can't use it whenever I want. It has to be the right situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts