Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I like to find myself by becoming engrossed in books, music, nature, and culture. I'm looking for a person really. Someone to share my "soul searching", experiences with. I want to know how the world works; economy, politics, societal structures and patterns, etc.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

getting a job that allows me to do all of the above while contributing to world productivity. also some creative project as well like music.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
i dont want to be restricted. humility, a search for truth, and equality would be most important to me.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
embarrassing myself because i dont know.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
i want others to see me as a normal person, but slightly more questioning. i see myself as someone who likes extremes.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
i feel the best when im in a world of my own, thinking about connections and stuff. listening to music and reading as well. oh and i like lying on the grass looking up at the sky.

i really feel uncomfortable around people who value aesthetics and social skills highly. i know they will judge my failures. and they glare at me alot.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
anger is fun. my face heats up for a few minutes and then it goes away quickly.
i hate shame. shame makes me want to kill myself.
anxiety makes me want to explode.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
stress makes me freeze.
unexpected change gives me a challenge. :D usually positive.
conflict is great if im not part of it. if i am, i try too hard to please people so they'll stop attacking me. i dont want people to hate me.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
authority can go either way. but i usually dont like having rules i dont understand being imposed on me. and i dont like imposing rules on people against their will.
power is sexy.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
life is something we have to experience as life after death is uncertain. its mainly good, but has bad moments and challenges. humanity disappoints me. i wish people would work together to make life easier for everyone.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
bf dumped me. i developed a personality. found interests and hobbies. no longer a dependent android.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
trust no one with your secrets.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) i am super cool. in a matrix neo way. i also appreciate the idea of an ultimate or pure.
b) i care too much about what people think of me.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
their place int he social heirarchy

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
if they insult me, i will bring a pro-er insult. if they compliment me, i will say thanks or compliment them back if theres something nice noticeable about them

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I didn't get much from this one. Perhaps a click-ish 6, but the answers seemed kind of shallow or rushed. I didn't get a feel for the person making the post.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i see what you mean. i was particularly worried about that. the questions were a bit ambiguous to me. and i didnt really care for much of them.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
yeah i see what you mean. i was particularly worried about that. the questions were a bit ambiguous to me. and i didnt really care for much of them.
You are welcomed to add to the answers you have or redo it in a way that shows more personality. As of now I'm doubtful that you're likely to get the answer you desire. The questions are pretty vague, widen the scope or give more detail about your POV.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
@choccrunchie

sexual 5 is pretty conclusive for your core at least. I would say 5(3w4)1. This whole post reminds me of my 531 INTJ friend.
The feeling of clean white pressed shirts.
This desire for perfection and order.
The anger when something is out of place.
The creativity and the imagination that transcends the mundane.
The desire for success, accomplishment, and to be seen as something in the eyes of others and yet the looming fear that one will not measure up to that image repressed even from one's own eyes.

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Banned
318 Posts
Everything that I see here seems to point to 5w6. I would look closely at 6w5 though.

The interpretation of anger as "fun" is rather interesting. Though stinginess is the ego fixation.

Anyway, the determining factor between 5w6 and 6w5 usually resides in how she deals in solving a problem or how she manages her understanding of something. Of course, there are many other aspects that a 6 or a 5 will lean more towards, but since they compliment each other, it's best to work in an area that these types reside closely to.

I would only type yourself as 5w4 if you don't see any significant 6ish tendencies in you, but you've probably already considered that.

Also, don't let stereotypes fool you. Being a 5w6 doesn't mean you're some pragmatic scientist with no sense of anything beyond that.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think 9 is most prominent, probably flavored with a 1 wing. I also detect a strong influence of 5w6. I have to say nine is more predominant because I noticed a motif about searching for peace and easy cooperation. While you say that you are inquisitive, you lack the precise communication style that a 5 would be most likely to employ, instead your responses are laconic and natural, which is what I would expect from a 9. I cannot say too much about the heart/image fix because the lack of content. It would be tempting to say you are a 4 because you give importance to aesthetics, but that would play into inaccurate stereotypes. I would suggest you consider the following: when you want to make an impression on others do you focus on being great/admirable/(abundance of quality here) even you don't feel it in your core, do you show how empathetic and enthusiastic you can be, or do you want to be regarded as unique even at the risk of being disliked for it? the respective answers would point 3, 2, or 4. As far as the instinct I would agree with Swordsman of Mana's hunch. So/Sx

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
@HumaningThere is absolutely no way that the OP has a 9 in her tritype and sx/so seems accurate.

@choccrunchie After just visiting your page and reading one of your posts in another thread which was, breath-taking (as I let you know), you seem to be more ambitious and in tune with where other people are coming from. I guess I'm wondering why you chose 4 for your heart type instead of 3.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@HumaningThere is absolutely no way that the OP has a 9 in her tritype and sx/so seems accurate.

@choccrunchie After just visiting your page and reading one of your posts in another thread which was, breath-taking (as I let you know), you seem to be more ambitious and in tune with where other people are coming from. I guess I'm wondering why you chose 4 for your heart type instead of 3.
i did the test thing on this website. honestly, i feel like i match almost all of the descriptions for enneagram.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
i did the test thing on this website. honestly, i feel like i match almost all of the descriptions for enneagram.
Yeah, but 531 seems pretty dead on. 5w4 3w4 1w2 would explain why you feel like you have a lot of 4 (because you do). And the triple perfection tritype would explain why you think you have so much 5--because 5 seeks perfect knowledge and all three types would want that, too.

Just based on what I see of you totally, you appear very 531 to me. By this I mean, 3 is a desire for achievement, to rise above. Triple perfection is an extremely difficult tritype to be I imagine. I can feel the stress for absolute perfection emanating off of you. To me, it feels great, like I can trust you. I would totally want you as my doctor. But I have no idea how it feels to be under that much pressure. I don't know how to live that way, honestly. I've tried a few times. I can hold it for a month--two months max. Then I go back to being my own lazy, laid back self.

I don't know how else you would be as young as you are an in college without a type 3 in your tritype. And if you aren't in college but your profile says you are, that's pretty type 3 as well, lol.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, but 531 seems pretty dead on. 5w4 3w4 1w2 would explain why you feel like you have a lot of 4 (because you do). And the triple perfection tritype would explain why you think you have so much 5--because 5 seeks perfect knowledge and all three types would want that, too.

Just based on what I see of you totally, you appear very 531 to me. By this I mean, 3 is a desire for achievement, to rise above. Triple perfection is an extremely difficult tritype to be I imagine. I can feel the stress for absolute perfection emanating off of you. To me, it feels great, like I can trust you. I would totally want you as my doctor. But I have know idea how it feels to be under that much pressure. I don't know how to live that way, honestly. I've tried a few times. I can hold it for a month--two months max. Then I go back to being my own lazy, laid back self.
thanks heaps man, i feel like you just read my soul.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts