Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't post links but google "jungian cognitive functions test" and click the first result (similarminds).
Has anyone taken this test? IMO it makes more sense than MBTI. I did and here are my results:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (90%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (50%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (15%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (25%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (35%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (40%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear

So if you were to try to build a MBTI stack out of this it would be
Ti/Ne
Ne/Ti
Fi
Si
-----
Te
Ni
Fe
Se
which isn't valid.

·
Registered
233 Posts
How are you sure these functions are actually "jungian"? The definitions only seem to account for some aspects Jung talked about, or even worse, just take something he gave as an example and take it at face value. Same goes for every MBTI-version of CF I have ever seen, though, so maybe it could be used as an indicator of some function stack, albeit poorly defined.

Also how well do the questions measure these functions? And since it cannot give even a likely type, it doesn't seem like a good test at all.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
So if you were to try to build a MBTI stack out of this it would be
Ti/Ne
Ne/Ti
Fi
Si
-----
Te
Ni
Fe
Se
which isn't valid.
You can't give the percentages too much weight when forming a cognitive stack. The percentage for each function is based on (discrete) responses; but the amount a person actually uses or prefers a function is a continuous value.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts