Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Social cues. What the heck is a social cue? Apparently they are prompts that we are supposed to subtly give and receive during social interaction. Beyond that, I haven't quite figured out what they are. I'm either withdrawn and ignoring the cues, or, something interesting comes up and I end up getting excited about ideas and dominating the conversation because I assume other people will happily chime in at will and do not give these elusive cues. Either way, I broke it.

But you, you wonderful social infants, you don't know what social cues and propriety are either! We can waffle on in a completely different dimension happily ignorant to all the norms and rules that we're trampling all over. Here's a big ol' socially awkward hug! (I mean, shrug)

·
Registered
793 Posts
This concept of "wuv" confuses and infuriates us.
I'm sad to say it, but this man is very wise on the subject of "wuv". The concept of "Wuv" or in common mouths "Love" infuriates and enrages me.

The only problem between you(INFPs) and us(INTPs) is that love isn't useful to us, because it is an emotion and we prefer logic over emotion. :frustrating:

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
I'm sad to say it, but this man is very wise on the subject of "wuv". The concept of "Wuv" or in common mouths "Love" infuriates and enrages me.

The only problem between you(INFPs) and us(INTPs) is that love isn't useful to us, because it is an emotion and we prefer logic over emotion. :frustrating:
Wow, okay... I was just... quoting Futurama.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And this is where I say, you're mistaking hyperbole for emotion. To which you will say the hyperbole was an unnecessary fanfare to the point and I could have said....

Then it will go like that for a while until someone says, that's semantics. Then it will turn into a round of why it was or was not semantics while the original premises has been completely forgotten by both parties. Then around and around the Ji-Ne Merry-go-round it goes. With nary a social standard acknowledged or adhered to, thus making my original point.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot to add that while we're circling around in our Ne oblivion, the Te at the table is getting irritated with all the unnecessary collateral debate and Fe is nervously scanning the room to see if our conversation is bothering anyone :wink:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I guess... you're welcome. only I am not socially awkward... entirely...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't consider myself socially inept/oblivious. Just...selectively enthusiastic.

But I'm not even sure I'm INTP so w/e.

Reactions: TuesdaysChild

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love, or wuv in this case, is a chemical reaction. Being that we are in no close proximity to facilitate said chemical reaction, I highly doubt your sincerity
Actually.... you're right. I'm actually projecting my appreciation for others of your type whom I've encountered IRL and was experiencing a residual appreciation for them within the proximity of a keyboard and internet connection. Plus telling them personally would be all weird and awkward and feely, even for me, so I'm telling them through you by proxy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Actually.... you're right. I'm actually projecting my appreciation for others of your type whom I've encountered IRL and was experiencing a residual appreciation for them within the proximity of a keyboard and internet connection. Plus telling them personally would be all weird and awkward and feely, even for me, so I'm telling them through you by proxy.
Nice! :)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I forgot to add that while we're circling around in our Ne oblivion, the Te at the table is getting irritated with all the unnecessary collateral debate and Fe is nervously scanning the room to see if our conversation is bothering anyone :wink:
Nah, it's cool. You're a great distraction while I assassinate the emperor and take my rightful place at the throne

Reactions: TuesdaysChild
1 - 16 of 16 Posts