Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to delete my facebook because I have this notion in my head that it's EVIL and I've turned to these forums instead for my social networking fulfillment. Reading all these discussions on the INFJ forums helps me so much. I find myself thinking a lot of the things you all talk about and when I overcome my shyness I want to contribute too! I don't really get to talk about a lot of the things I'm thinking because I honestly think most people aren't very interested in them. AND I really don't know how to convey the ideas in my head very well either which doesn't help very much(extroversion FAIL). Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for making me feel less lonely. I have a very active social life but I frequently go through periods of loneliness and depression and listening to what you all have to say really helps me get my own thoughts together when i need to isolate myself from the world. =)

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm not much of an expert on all the types and their specialties and weaknesses but I'm sure INFPs have special qualities that I'll have to read into :tongue:
I took the typology test to get a little insight into my own life because it gets so confusing so often. I'm starting to feel ignorant though because I know so little about all the other types. And I'm new to the whole forum thing so I'm paranoid the structure of my posts is terrible. I'm done all my classes for the day so after I finish some homework I'll start my personality type research and hopefully be able to have intelligent conversations about the nature of other types like yours!

Reactions: penchant

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think you'll find the atmosphere here is good and friendly (I do!), and don't be afraid to post. If we don't understand immediately, we'll just gently ask for further explanation :happy:

Reactions: bubbleboy

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well I'm not much of an expert on all the types and their specialties and weaknesses but I'm sure INFPs have special qualities that I'll have to read into :tongue:
I took the typology test to get a little insight into my own life because it gets so confusing so often. I'm starting to feel ignorant though because I know so little about all the other types. And I'm new to the whole forum thing so I'm paranoid the structure of my posts is terrible. I'm done all my classes for the day so after I finish some homework I'll start my personality type research and hopefully be able to have intelligent conversations about the nature of other types like yours!
You're making perfect sense so far, so please keep posting... :happy:

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm so shy! And I love exclamation points! I have really bad social and general anxiety so I read and reread a potential post many many times before I feel comfortable enough to actually send it. I'm afraid of being judged, of someone finding something wrong with what i wrote, etc. I realize it's silly and feel like this forum is a good chance for me to work on some trust issues. I think I'm just a little intimidated right now which is natural. I go through the posts on here and some people write NOVELS and I think to myself "HOW AM I EVER GOING TO WRITE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!" I'm really excited to have a new support group though and I thank you all for being so nice to me =)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm so shy! And I love exclamation points! I have really bad social and general anxiety so I read and reread a potential post many many times before I feel comfortable enough to actually send it. I'm afraid of being judged, of someone finding something wrong with what i wrote, etc. I realize it's silly and feel like this forum is a good chance for me to work on some trust issues. I think I'm just a little intimidated right now which is natural. I go through the posts on here and some people write NOVELS and I think to myself "HOW AM I EVER GOING TO WRITE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!" I'm really excited to have a new support group though and I thank you all for being so nice to me =)
:laughing: Sounds like you'll fit in here just fine!

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
welcome :)

I think for personal growth and development in area of social interaction you can learn way more hanging out of forums like this one than on Facebook.

·
Super Moderator
11,643 Posts
I decided to delete my facebook because I have this notion in my head that it's EVIL and I've turned to these forums instead for my social networking fulfillment. Reading all these discussions on the INFJ forums helps me so much. I find myself thinking a lot of the things you all talk about and when I overcome my shyness I want to contribute too! I don't really get to talk about a lot of the things I'm thinking because I honestly think most people aren't very interested in them. AND I really don't know how to convey the ideas in my head very well either which doesn't help very much(extroversion FAIL). Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for making me feel less lonely. I have a very active social life but I frequently go through periods of loneliness and depression and listening to what you all have to say really helps me get my own thoughts together when i need to isolate myself from the world. =)
Hey, you write very well! I love exclamation marks too! :happy:

I, also, think that you have conveyed your thoughts in a completely understandable manner thus far. Go back and read some of things that I have posted! I'm sure you will get a good laugh out of some of them...they make no sense what-so-ever. I laugh at them myself wondering who the heck wrote that; even though, it says Dalien! :laughing:

Try not to worry so hard. Be who you are. You will be accepted here in the INFJ forum. This is a very friendly and supportive place. Hey, they welcomed me and that says a lot! :wink:

PS Enjoy and don't worry if you don't write a Novella. I can but I don't. I'd rather write poetry! :happy:

Reactions: bubbleboy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts