Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was the crazy ENFP who last year at about this time was raging on and on about my issues with an INTP.
Let me say I dated an ENTP for awhile (terrifying) and now am dating an INTP engineering major. It's amazing. You guys are funny, dry humor, remember details which I find touching, affectionate, loyal, determined, and just as able to get lost in the depths of a good library as I am. I take my INTP on library trips as a matter of fact....we've almost gotten locked in several times because we lose ourselves in the books
Anyways, I love it so much. What do you INTPs see in us ENFPs? Any advice? My INTP seems really determined to make out relationship work, he was the one (after us being friends) to tentatively approach me and ask me out/tell me he loves me after such a short period of time that I'm taken aback, although appreciative of the love!!
Is this typical INTP behavior? Just curious

·
Registered
915 Posts
I wish you luck guys, but if you have some kind of opinion clash, it might be tough for you to understand each other and accept each other´s opinion. You might pretend it to get if off the table, but deep inside you will probably think you were the right one... Also we often have misinterpretation issues since his Pness is not refined enough to look from different angles, might be due to Fi aswell.... At least that comes from my personal experience with ENFP, but he is only a friend and also male... So it might not apply to your situation.

Hope you can make it work, good luck.

Reactions: Kizuna

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I actually have on my agenda writing a post about how amazing ENFP's are and how thanksful I am that they exist. I used to be an INTP, but after marrying an ENFP I now tend to be classified as an ENTP or even ENFP myself.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Actually, the super long post I wrote called: "INTP is a great starting point" can probably give you some answers on how at least this (former) INTP views ENFP's and why you are amazing. I have to warn you that it is very long and unfortunately also has a very sad ending.

(Sorry about the lack of link, I don't have the required post count to link threads apparently)

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
So I was the crazy ENFP who last year at about this time was raging on and on about my issues with an INTP.
Let me say I dated an ENTP for awhile (terrifying) and now am dating an INTP engineering major. It's amazing. You guys are funny, dry humor, remember details which I find touching, affectionate, loyal, determined, and just as able to get lost in the depths of a good library as I am. I take my INTP on library trips as a matter of fact....we've almost gotten locked in several times because we lose ourselves in the books
Anyways, I love it so much. What do you INTPs see in us ENFPs? Any advice? My INTP seems really determined to make out relationship work, he was the one (after us being friends) to tentatively approach me and ask me out/tell me he loves me after such a short period of time that I'm taken aback, although appreciative of the love!!
Is this typical INTP behavior?
Just curious
Sounds like me. I was raised by an F type so I dont know how accurate that is for all INTPs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My little sister is an ENFP. She is really sweet, bright, and silly. She doesn't like how I'm "too rational" and has called me a cyborg multiple times. She is well aware of the fact that I would rather spend my evening reading an Organic Chemistry textbook than going to a school dance and I understand that she needs company and just has to cry at sad movie scenes. Overall, despite our differences, we get along really well. I don't try to change her and she doesn't try to change me. Some (not all) extroverts always try to get us introverts to become more extroverted. I hate that! The world needs both introverts AND extroverts. This is who I am and I'm glad my sister is one of the extroverts who actually understands and respects that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ENFPs are amazing - especially mine. ^^
Not only is she spontaneous, vibrant, entertaining, full of energy and enthusiasm, and still possessing an intellectual bent (as most ENFPs do); she is also quite brilliant, and her idealism and compassion are tempered with a kind of pragmatism that makes her wise beyond her years.
My INTP seems really determined to make out relationship work, he was the one (after us being friends) to tentatively approach me and ask me out/tell me he loves me after such a short period of time that I'm taken aback, although appreciative of the love!!
Is this typical INTP behavior? Just curious
100% me. I read somewhere (on this forum, I think) that it is common for INTPs - when they believe they have found the right person - to "jump in with both feet."

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
ENFPs are amazing - especially mine. ^^
Not only is she spontaneous, vibrant, entertaining, full of energy and enthusiasm, and still possessing an intellectual bent (as most ENFPs do); she is also quite brilliant, and her idealism and compassion are tempered with a kind of pragmatism that makes her wise beyond her years.

100% me. I read somewhere (on this forum, I think) that it is common for INTPs - when they believe they have found the right person - to "jump in with both feet."
Congratulations! I'm very happy for you! Take my advice and devote every second you have to spare to your relationship, and to communication and openness. This will create a positive feedback loop that will just be amazing beoynd words. The ENFP/INTP match potential for creating a super organism is possibly the most powerful force on earth (yes, even more powerful than compound interest). USE IT!

Reactions: Raziel
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.