Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know a few of you read my post yesterday and at the end I wrote that I was pondering if I was a nine. /Gulp. Well, I have come to find that I am not a core six. I am indeed a core nine that mistyped as a six. I definitely did my research on nine and thought, "How could I not see this before?" Apparently this is common as nine can go to six and create internal anxiety at times. However, I do not carry this anxiety with me all the time as a true core six would. I have still not figured out my tri-type but I do believe a six is in there somewhere. I love the enneagram six sub-forum though... I hate to go, I'll miss you so.

·
Banned
891 Posts
I also mistyped as 6. For me, it involved a painful realization that something I thought was *a* problem was actually *the* problem. And it blinded my ability to see what the real truth was. Glad it happened, though. So, no awkwardness for me. Just stark revelation followed by immense relief (the sense of, "Okay, the simplest explanation really is it sometimes. Things make a lot more sense now.")

Enjoy your 9-ness, and stick around if like. A lot of former 6s tend to stick around this forum.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Not doubting your revelation, but just wanted to point out I'm a six for sure (9 is extremely close and second in my tritype and thought I was for a while) and don't carry around anxiety with me all the time. Hell, not even a lot of the time if I feel safe, comfortable, confident, etc. I just don't want that to be the go-to for people conflicted whether they're a 9 or 6.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also mistyped as 6. For me, it involved a painful realization that something I thought was *a* problem was actually *the* problem. And it blinded my ability to see what the real truth was. Glad it happened, though. So, no awkwardness for me. Just stark revelation followed by immense relief (the sense of, "Okay, the simplest explanation really is it sometimes. Things make a lot more sense now.")

Enjoy your 9-ness, and stick around if like. A lot of former 6s tend to stick around this forum.
I have read some of your posts when you were explaining how you found that you were a one and not a six. It's very interesting and yes, simplicity is key. I believe to be a 9w1.

Not doubting your revelation, but just wanted to point out I'm a six for sure (9 is extremely close and second in my tritype and thought I was for a while) and don't carry around anxiety with me all the time. Hell, not even a lot of the time if I feel safe, comfortable, confident, etc. I just don't want that to be the go-to for people conflicted whether they're a 9 or 6.
The anxiety thing was just one example that I mentioned.
I fit with the core fears and motivations of enneagram nine.
I also believe that, "I will be okay as long as everyone else is okay."
I also tend to deny and/or repress my anger or rage. It leads me into trouble because I can have situations like a boyfriend leaving me for another woman for example and be all, "Well, I hope he'll be happy" weeks to months to years later I can have an outburst over the situation like, "You bastard!" and the ex-boyfriend and other people tend to be very confused and think that I'm incredibly insane because in their minds I should have reacted when the situation happened. One of my exes (granted they were not a good person) admitted that they had been cheating on me and I pretended not to hear it, I just decided that I wouldn't think about it anymore, convince myself that it didn't really happen, etcetera, just to keep my inner peace. I tend to sweep problems under the rug. Oh dear, it's something I need to work on.
Thank you though!
I'm still doing my research which is why my type is still set to "Unknown"... just to be sure.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
@paper lilies, just to be sure yes ;) Well, I can assure you that you will know it eventually :) Just look at me, there are more types I've considered than I have NOT considered and yet, now I'm settled in being a Six. I'm a vivid and fickle sx 6w7 btw :)

·
Banned
891 Posts
I have read some of your posts when you were explaining how you found that you were a one and not a six. It's very interesting and yes, simplicity is key. I believe to be a 9w1.
Thank you. I like to interest people. That said, I'm a strange person who is inspired by all kinds of interesting things, so some of my subsequent posts might be...how shall I put it...more interesting. ;p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts