Personality Cafe banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts
I don't understand why people would not be proud of being from a different country...every time I ask people that, I really hope they are from far-off, unique country that I haven't studied yet. It's a disappointment every time someone tells me they are from the city we are standing in, and only slightly less disappointing when they name a another city that's still in the same country that we are standing in.
The Netherlands.

So I'm at the doctors for a migraine today right?
The doctors asking all these normal questions, then out of the blue she goes
"What's today?"
I was instantly confused! I'm just sitting there thinking:
"Does she mean what today's pain rating is?" "is today a holiday?" "Does she mean "what does today mean to you?" ' 'Does she mean what are your goals for today?" "Is today the day you're reclaiming life? Chasing your dreams?" "Hopes for the day?" "Thoughts?"
I eventually asked if she was referring to my headache and she just shook her head and said "Just answer the question."
After more thinking I decided to, on a whim, say "April 4."
She accepted that answer and moved on.
Easy as that.
So, this got me thinking, anyone else have moments when they were all in a deep INFJ tangem, when it was unnecessary ? Did this create an awkward situation? I'd love to hear stories :happy:
HA! Awesome. My knee-jerk response to the question, "What's today?" is always to put on a cockney accent and say in my best Dickensian street urchin voice, "Why today's Christmas Day!"

My mother has finally stopped asking me that question. That is probably wise of her.

Then there was the time I blurted out to my OBGYN that I was "pregnant with emotion." I couldn't say, "You are correct - I am not pregnant." But did I say that? No. Why would I give a normal response to a strictly business question. That would make WAY too much sense.

Discussion starter · #63 ·
That awkward INFJ moment when you make a joke that ties together something that was just said and something that came up in the conversation about fifteen minutes earlier and everyone just sort of looks at you blankly and you have to explain what you were referring to.
OH my gosh I do this ALLLLL the time!!!! I didn't even realize it was an INFJ thing!!!!!!!!!!! I've got 1 INFJ friend, she tends to be the only one who gets the jokes I make about something that had come up before!
INFJs are many things, but witty for sure!

LOL thank you for bumping this!

I swear, it's like there's a little OCD demon in the INFJ brain that cannot rest if we don't give an in-depth, complicated answer to a simple question because it's just impossible to faithfully represent the truth of a matter in just "yes" or "no" sometimes.

For example, the routine doctor's question, "do you smoke?" seems harmless, but my situation is not adequately described by either "yes" or "no." First I need to clarify they mean cigarettes, then I need to explain that I smoke maybe 6-10 cigarettes a year, so technically I smoke but just not with anywhere near enough regularity for me to consider myself a smoker.

I fear I'd be eaten alive in a bureaucracy.

"Do you drink?"

"Sure, what have you got?.................................................................................................................................... oh right. Yes, i drink :frustrating: "

I have difficulties with tests or forms. If the questions aren't linguistically correct and unambiguous, I easily lose my way.

This girl I work with told me she wanted to be a pilot. Everyone was listening to us talk. So right after she said that I went into this speil about how great I thought it was that wanted to do that and that she should do and "you can do it!" I mean I went on and on about this girl wanting to be a pilot and how lesser people have done bigger things so if she works hard and is passionate about it then she could totally do it and how inspiring it was and blah blah blah lol... I finally finished and she just stared at me blankly for a few moments then said "I just want to get paid a lot." lol

Is that INFJ-ish? lol I don't know and it doesn't bother me but this kind of stuff happens to me all the time!

That awkward INFJ moment when you make a joke that ties together something that was just said and something that came up in the conversation about fifteen minutes earlier and everyone just sort of looks at you blankly and you have to explain what you were referring to.
Yes! Allll the time! Like every day lol It took me a while to realize this was why people don't always laugh at my jokes. I don't get it either. They were there at the previous conversation. They should get the joke too, right? But noooooooo:p

When someone asks "How are you?" and I just don't know whether to lie or not an I'm like "Uhmmmmm... *blank*..."
All the time! I mentally kick myself because right after I say "ummmmmm" I think 'well now I have to give an honest answer because I'm obviously not "fantastic"!

"Do you drink?"

"Sure, what have you got?.................................................................................................................................... oh right. Yes, i drink :frustrating: "

I have difficulties with tests or forms. If the questions aren't linguistically correct and unambiguous, I easily lose my way.
Ahh I always failed horribly at "problem solving" questions when I was little because of this. If they didn't colour the problems with whatever fluffy variable crap, I'd be gifted, I say :D

Sometimes I feel bad for selecting a different piece of fruit for my smootie or meal after I've handled an evidently slightly inferior specimen. I feel so opportunistic.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.